Just purchased a new 2014 CTS V-Sport - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, Just purchased a new 2014 CTS V-Sport in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; Originally Posted by Antero I had some time this weekend to go over every inch of the car. I found ...
    ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Re: Just purchased a new 2014 CTS V-Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Antero View Post
    I had some time this weekend to go over every inch of the car. I found out why it is so quiet. Our muffler is the size of a gas tank! I cant wait to rip that thing off and install a catback on it.
    As large as the muffler is, I thought it was the gas tank. lol.

Vsochs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Yamaha FJR1300

So you guys are saying VSport plus Trifecta = faster and better handler on a road course car than V2 (2009-2013)?????

Perses is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport Premium

Post Re: Just purchased a new 2014 CTS V-Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Vsochs View Post
    So you guys are saying VSport plus Trifecta = faster and better handler on a road course car than V2 (2009-2013)?????
    I think so, 3952lbs on the Vsport vs 4255 lbs on the 2nd Gen V and with a lot better suspension assuming similar power would mean that the Vsport has the edge.

Here is my impressions on the Trifecta Vsport CTS tune:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ne-review.html

http://i58.tinypic.com/bfjmns.jpg

The summary if you don't want to read through the whole thing is that I went from 356WHP to 423WHP SAE. From what the dyno shows, with the Trifecta tune installed, the car picked up 90 Ft-Lbs under the curve and 67 WHP peak. At 4300 RPM, it picks up about 80 WHP or so.

All of the trans hesitation and gear hunting is gone, and the car just wakes up! If anything, this is the way the car should've come from Cadillac.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    To the OP, congrats on your new V Sport. She's a beauty!

In response to the above - No.

No offense intended, I really like the CTS V Sport. It is a great car in most respects but, even with a tune, it will not out run a stock V.
    Like somebody already said, the V Sport isn't a replacement for the V and shouldn't be compared with it.

Vsochs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Yamaha FJR1300
    Vfaninva, I'd love to hear why. I just spent time in both cars. Vsport...nice and light. V...nice and substantial, more planted at speed, less drama. I liked both. Planning to purchase one soon, quite a dilemma.

jc09ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 cts Vsport
    I just got rid of my 09 V and now have the Vsport sure it's not a fast as the V but with a tune it will for be as quick to 60 and in the 1/4 mile as a stock V I'm positive. I do miss all the power of my V but the Vsport is better in every other way. It was time for an updated look and updated technology I am loving my new Vsport and glad I made the change.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Vsochs View Post
    Vfaninva, I'd love to hear why. I just spent time in both cars. Vsport...nice and light. V...nice and substantial, more planted at speed, less drama. I liked both. Planning to purchase one soon, quite a dilemma.
    Deciding between a V and a V Sport is a nice dilemma to have!
    As far as 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, even with the the tune the numbers don't add up to the V Sport besting the V. It might be close but, really who cares? Both are great cars and we're lucky to be able to have them.
    There are many similarities and some differences between the V and V Sport. My perspective is the V is a balls out drivers car that also doubles as a luxury car, and the V Sport is a luxury car that doubles as a balls out drivers car.
    Which you choose is up to which you prize more.
    Either way I'm sure you will be happy.

VSport is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

I just picked mine up and I agree its better than a CTS-V at least for the 2014's.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.