Winter Tires - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, Winter Tires in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp you might try a PM to them too here on the forum... That's what I tried ...
    wrigleyville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS VSport Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp
    you might try a PM to them too here on the forum...
    That's what I tried to do. Sorry for confusion.

Re: Winter Tires

Here is the latest and greatest...

My dealer has a solution, which they have test mounted on a Vsport Premium to confirm:
    --TSW "Mugello" wheels (see pic below), come in either Hyper Silver or Black; 18" x 8", 5 x 120 bolt pattern, 35mm offset (another dealer suggested the TSW Mallory)
    --245/40R18 Nokian Hakkapelitta R2 winter tires all around

This combo is definitely more expensive, but I am leaning towards it (dealer recommendation, free wheel storage, less hassle and worry.) Here is the shot of the rims:
    alloy-wheels-rims-tsw-5-lugs-mugello-hyper-silver-std-700.jpg

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Those look nice, but knowing the offset and bolt pattern you could be looking at alternate options if the cost is not what you are looking for...

They are offering to store your OEM rims during the winter months? (a nice offer in my mind but I wouldn't trust the situation).
    Will they also swap for you seasonally w/o charge?
    (might want to mark them subtly on the inside of the rim to know they are yours and take good photos for damage claims)

They have advertised the free storage offer before, and I have seen the racks at the dealer. It's just there way of getting folks to use them vs. the tire shops.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

I'd just hate to see your stock rims get trashed in storage at the dealer (while probably rare, who knows).

Got the TSWs with the Hakkapelitta R2s installed today. WOW!! What a difference. These things are great. I went into some parking lots to test them in deeper snow and ice and they stick like glue. Highly recommend them.

Also, I found this video when researching them...it demonstrates some of their capabilities: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAug1k7wsTM

Nextone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by wrigleyville View Post
    Got the TSWs with the Hakkapelitta R2s installed today. WOW!! What a difference. These things are great. I went into some parking lots to test them in deeper snow and ice and they stick like glue. Highly recommend them.

Also, I found this video when researching them...it demonstrates some of their capabilities: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAug1k7wsTM
    Would love to see some photos wrigleyville!

Quote Originally Posted by Nextone View Post
    Would love to see some photos wrigleyville!
    Will take some photos this weekend...she is not looking so clean with all the snow and slush she's been through!

Quote Originally Posted by wrigleyville View Post
    Will take some photos this weekend...she is not looking so clean with all the snow and slush she's been through!
    I posted some photos of the wheels and tires mounted here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l#post11690754

jaymsu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Wagon / '06 Corvette / '11 Jag XF / '06 350Z vert

If you know anyone with 2nd gen CTS, why don't you try their wheels just to check the fitment? I know there are more things to consider than just bolting pattern, but little bit of difference in offset was ok. (I've used Enkei wheels off of Lexus on my wife's previous STS, and I run C5 wheels on my C6 for racing)
    As long as the front-to-rear difference in circumference is kept similar, car won't be too upset with you. (at least that was the case with my C5 and C6 corvette Active handling(

If you are closer (I'm in Michigan), I would let you try my wheels (I have 17s and 18s wheels for 2nd gen CTS) - if you have any reason to visit Metro Detroit area, you can come by my office to try it out. I've got tools needed for wheel swap.

Good luck on your search.

----------------------------

Edit: Oh shoot,,,, I should've read the 2nd page before replying to thread... (I feel stupid now.. ) You got yourself wheels already. Good for you! Winter tires make huge difference in winter. (even if it's not snowing, you'll see big difference)
    I personally don't like All season tires. It's like having one set of Landrover shoes to go with Tuxedo, and to go out and play soccer with it. Doesn't work well in either cases.

----------

Oh and I must add,,,, those wheels look great on your CTS Vsport!!!

changzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Same issue here in Michigan. I'm going to call a couple of tire places around here tomorrow and I'll let you know if I find anything.

sprure is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 14 cts twin turbo, 11 escalade, 08 cts di

John
    you pulled a lot of excellent information together. What was the final out come?

Got it -- never mind. Thanks for the information.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.