D3 Review 2014 Cadillac CTS V Sport Twin Turbo
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, D3 Review 2014 Cadillac CTS V Sport Twin Turbo in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; 2014 Cadillac CTS V-Sport Review The newest product offering from Cadillac on the CTS platform is the all new 2014 ...
    Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

D3 Review 2014 Cadillac CTS V Sport Twin Turbo

2014 Cadillac CTS V-Sport Review

The newest product offering from Cadillac on the CTS platform is the all new 2014 CTS V-Sport trim. This is different than the V-Series vehicle that has yet to be introduced. The V-Series is the range topping model for the CTS platform. The introduction of the new V-Sport has raised questions to as if the V-Sport is worthy of carrying the V badge. We decided to find out and see for ourselves. Would the V-Sport be a worthy platform for extensive modifications or would it fall short of being able to adequately carry the V badge? One test is worth a thousand opinions.

We recently had the opportunity to run the newest V trim vehicle from Cadillac at one of the local tracks here in southern California, Buttonwillow Raceway. This event just so happened to be final round of the Cadillac Challenge, an all Cadillac race series that is based on a time attack format. The test vehicle was a 2014 Cadillac CTS V-Sport automatic RWD with the optional 18” wheels wrapped in Pirelli tires. The base motor makes 420HP through an 8 speed automatic transmission. Power is made from a 3.6L V6 direct injection twin turbo mill putting the power through an electronic limited slip differential. On paper the car certainly had all the right stuff considering the curb weight is just over 3900 lbs. But the big question was how it would perform compared to the outgoing CTS-V model and the other V-Series cars that have come before it. Would it be worthy of the V badge? How would the longer wheel base and chassis perform on the tight turns and corners of Buttonwillow Raceway?

Going into the test I really didn’t have any expectations other than just to lay down some solid and consistent laps while trying to find the limit of what the car would allow me to do as a driver. In addition to that I was looking for any particular glaring weakness of the vehicle or areas that I would look to improve. My normal office on wheels is a 2013 CTS-V coupe with 800HP setup for full road race capable of traversing this same track and configuration under 2 minutes on slicks.

Now that we have the formalities out of the way let’s get to the test. I took the vehicle out 3 separate times at 15-20 minutes per session. My morning session started out by setting the car up with all of the factory driving options activated i.e. competitive driving mode and track mode. Tire pressures were not altered at anytime during any of the sessions nor in between. As I started to get settled into the car I began my progressions of analyzing what the vehicle was doing in the given condition I was putting it through. Rather than going into turns like a bull I was looking to sneak up on what the car would allow me to do rather than trying to force my will onto the car. The car certainly responded well as it was very neutral upon turn in. The grip level was surprising good for a street tire based off my initial driving impression. I offer my assessment of the vehicle turn by turn at Buttonwillow Raceway...rest of the review - http://d3groupinc.com/d3-review-2014...rt-twin-turbo/

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: D3 Review 2014 Cadillac CTS V Sport Twin Turbo

Link isn't working

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

http://d3groupinc.com/d3-review-2014...rt-twin-turbo/

I had the same problem. Here. The one on the cts-v page works.

Okay link should be fixed now.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

eurofixer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V-Sport

So when is the first time that we will hear of a review of a non-stock one?

I'm taking delivery of mine tomorrow, need to get my goals in order for the next year!

Very soon! The next Cadillac Challenge season starts back up in February and we expect to field a few cars this year!

Congrats on the new ride! Its a fantastic car.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by eurofixer View Post
    So when is the first time that we will hear of a review of a non-stock one?

I'm taking delivery of mine tomorrow, need to get my goals in order for the next year!

eurofixer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V-Sport

Great to hear

This is my first Cadillac, but I've heard good things about your abilities with these cars.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.