Saw my first 2014 V on the road in Houston
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By harrysstsv
  • 5 Post By harrysstsv
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, Saw my first 2014 V on the road in Houston in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; Quick question: Not sure which engine it had. If it looks different than a V2 is it the smaller engine? ...
    sidcts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Black Raven Sedan -> Hi Gloss Yellow

Saw my first 2014 V on the road in Houston

Quick question: Not sure which engine it had. If it looks different than a V2 is it the smaller engine? Different V badge as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: Saw my first 2014 V on the road in Houston

Don't confuse the Vsport with the V. Vsport is a new designation between reg models (2.0T, 3.6) and the real deal CTS-V which has not yet been introduced, and will once again compete with the M and AMG and RS. VSport has a slightly different badge than a true V. You saw a VSport.

harrysstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS V and 2012 CTS V Sedan BD Corsa

It was the 2014 Vsport with the 3.6 Twin Turbo and 420 horses. I hope they will show the 2015 CTS V at Naias in January.
    sidcts likes this.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by harrysstsv
    It was the 2014 Vsport with the 3.6 Twin Turbo and 420 horses. I hope they will show the 2015 CTS V at Naias in January.
    I doubt it.

Cadillac has said they will introduce the ATS coupe at NAIAS and probably the ATS-V. Also GM will introduce the C7 version of the ZR1 at NAIAS. The current gen CTS-V engine is based on the current ZR-1. So if you look at sequencing, the C7 ZR-1 has to be introduced first. Once that is done then they will introduce the next gen CTS-V whose power train will be based off if the new ZR1.

At least that's how I see it.

Now I drive the real V here in Germany, also Black Diamond and the same year as your coupe.
    The first 14 CTS's expected to arrive here in February and the only available engine is the 2.0 Turbo, I wished the 3.6 twin
    Turbo would be here available too!
    The test numbers of the Vsport sound very good, let's see what the next real V can do!!!

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by harrysstsv
    Now I drive the real V here in Germany, also Black Diamond and the same year as your coupe. The first 14 CTS's expected to arrive here in February and the only available engine is the 2.0 Turbo, I wished the 3.6 twin Turbo would be here available too! The test numbers of the Vsport sound very good, let's see what the next real V can do!!!
    The V-Sport has good numbers... I think I read 0-60 mph in 4.4 seconds. Not too far away from the V. Although maybe lacking the instant torque that the V has. As you know you could be cruising along, stomp on the pedal and you can still break the tires loose.

I just think it looks a bit to bland, and they did very little to differentiate the V-Sport from the rest of the models.

You're fortunate that you have the Autobahn to stretch the legs of the V. It's winter here in the Midwestern part of the U.S. And when there is snow or ice on the road, my V has been sleeping in the garage.

I really want to take it out and play.

Here in Germany the V is King of the Autobahn. Yesterday I was visiting my dealer, he's about 125 miles from my home away, I made it in 1hour 8 minutes although about 30 miles of the way was speedlimited. Mostly run it in the 120 to 190 mph range. The fastest time I reached with my V was 62 miles in 22 minutes.

Harry

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I'm betting that they hold off the CTS-V until LA 2014.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.