Cadillac loses my business with the CTS-V Sport - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, Cadillac loses my business with the CTS-V Sport in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; Originally Posted by wrigleyville There seems to be a lot of hating going on, especially since this isn't a CTS-V ...
    gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by wrigleyville
    There seems to be a lot of hating going on, especially since this isn't a CTS-V forum. I am a long-time fan of the CTS-V, and love the car on track day, but was looking for something that was more mainline for the weekday commute, with the ability to be aggressive when needed, and to have some fun on weekend drives. To me, the Vsport Premium is the perfect choice. Lots of power, great handling, ultra luxurious, and sharp styling. I could have gotten a CTS-V for less, but made the conscious decision to pay more for the luxury/sport mix, versus the hard core adrenaline of the pure V. I do think they made a mistake with the name, which confuses the marketplace, but I didn't buy it for the V badge; I bought it to get 420hp and 0-60 in 4.4 seconds without compromising on a luxury sedan look and feel. So, my main question is why the CTS-V owners have issues with the Vsport? Its not like they discontinued anything, and from the reports I am seeing, it looks like the 2015 CTS-V is going to be a monster…I look forward to heading out to Vegas and spending a day in one at the track.
    I don't have any issues with the V-Sport. I was faced with the same decision as you and chose to buy a new V. I have a friend who is a high ranking executive at Cadillac who I reached out to see if he could get me a discount. He said definitely, but asked if I had considered the V-Sport.

I told him that I thought about it briefly and while I was sure the V-Sport was a great car, I was in love with the V-Coupe. His response was that he understood and as of now, there were no plans for a CTS coupe so I had better act quickly if I wanted one.

As it so happened I found a CPO 2012 with the EXACT options and color I would have gotten if I ordered. It only had 9,800 miles on it. Got for over $20K under the MSRP of a new one. In reality I probably saved between $10K-$15K over a new one with discounts.

So... No hating from me. It's all about the looks for me which I admit is subjective. I happened to see a V-coupe parked next to a CTS (albeit not a V-Sport) in a showroom and there was no question in my mind which car I wanted. From a personal preference, the front of the new CTS is great looking and aggressive, but the remaining 3/4 of the car look a bit boring to me... A little frumpy. Like it was designed by two different teams. I was drawn to the v-coupe, "outdated" electronics and interior and all. Although I will say that the interior of a V with the Recaros looks much different that a 2nd gen base 3.0 CTS.

Zero-60 is close, 4.4 versus 3.9 or 4.0 depending on the road test you read. The torque is more immediate in the V, but from a real world driving perspective I would imagine it's pretty close.

Another interesting note. A few weeks after I bought my V-Coupe, I had dropped into a dealership near my work to see if they had a V-Sport in stock as I just wanted to see one. I struck up a conversation with the salesperson and shared much of the story I just shared. The salesperson said that if they were presented with the same options they would have bought a V-coupe too. I thought that was interesting.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Re: Cadillac loses my business with the CTS-V Sport

You can imagine Cadillac wants to sell the V-coupe (and wagon) as long as they produce it. So they will keep their mouth shut about a new CTS coupe (or even wagon). You can also imagine how much more the new V will cost opposed to the current V.

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo
    You can imagine Cadillac wants to sell the V-coupe (and wagon) as long as they produce it. So they will keep their mouth shut about a new CTS coupe (or even wagon). You can also imagine how much more the new V will cost opposed to the current V.
    If you're referencing my conversation, the salesperson had nothing to gain. I had already purchased the car and from another dealer to boot.

As for the cost of the new V, no doubt. There is a V-Sport thread in the V forums that is speculating on the new V. One of the topics is AWD. The current V already has an issue that the tires quickly become overwhelmed because the car has so much power and many are saying that in order for the V to compete with the M5 and the E63, it needs AWD to allow the tires to hook up. The issue as a poster mentioned is that aside from the Typhoon and Cyclone, GM has no experience with performance AWD systems. The current transfer case in use on the ATS, CTS and XTS would explode with the torque that the current V puts out. With the. 600+ HP that is being speculated for the next V... Forget it.

With respect to price, the same debate is being had there with people saying that in order for the V to compete with the M5 and E63, it's going to be pushing six figures and once that happens, there is no way that people are going to buy a Cadillac over the M5 and E63.

Essentially the same debate that is being had here and on the 3rd gen CTS forum.

calif phil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

With all the people complaining about sunroof leaks I ordered my CTS without a sunroof. I have had sunroofs in our past vehicles and never use them. I would get the car minus the sunroof. 10g is a lot of money.

ArmyJoe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13 CTS coupe 10 SRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jbonacci View Post
    This is the logic of Cadillac owners? So if you want a certain car with a sunroof, but you don't want to spend an extra $10K to get one--you should just settle and not get it?

On a side note, why are people on this forum acting like an extra $10K is not a lot of money? Last time I checked, $10K is not a drop in the bucket.
    The 14 CTS is a great car but the option packages are confusing and punitive. Oh, just in case the Forum police are checking, I can afford a new CTS with a cash purchases.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

KXAM is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Hmn, you actually think the CTS-V out performs a C7!? Not according to the test numbers and certainly not if you are a
    sports car fan. Agreed the CTS-V is quick but can never be mistaken for a C7 in overall performance and handling. Besides, you are comparing oranges to tangerines....and 3500 lbs to 4,000lbs. Apparently you have more real life experience in and an affinity for sedans vs. any affection at all for a true sports car. Or perhaps, you have been fooled by the supercharger aspect! Corvettes are not for everyone and most certainly not for the luxury performance sedan crowd. We have one of each and each provides exactly what we bought them for...!!

Bluejs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. I just joined the forum and will be buying my first Cadillac next month when I retire. Figured the SRX will make a fine road trip vehicle for us. Nothing comes close to its style.

Anyway, I think the point being made here by the OP is that a sunroof is a much sort after option for many people including my wife and I. We would absolutely not buy a vehicle without one. I think Cadillac made a grave error in not making the sunroof as a stand alone option as most manufacturers do.

You see, the "old" way of American thinking was that the buyer of an American made vehicle should just settle for something he or she really isn't happy with. Why should any one of us buy something we are not going to be totally happy with? The American auto industry has made light year leaps in progress since the 60's and 70's with style, performance and reliability. However, they shouldn't shoot themselves in the foot with poor option package strategies. Any sale will always be better than no sale.

Quote Originally Posted by KXAM
    Hmn, you actually think the CTS-V out performs a C7!? Not according to the test numbers and certainly not if you are a sports car fan. Agreed the CTS-V is quick but can never be mistaken for a C7 in overall performance and handling. Besides, you are comparing oranges to tangerines....and 3500 lbs to 4,000lbs. Apparently you have more real life experience in and an affinity for sedans vs. any affection at all for a true sports car. Or perhaps, you have been fooled by the supercharger aspect! Corvettes are not for everyone and most certainly not for the luxury performance sedan crowd. We have one of each and each provides exactly what we bought them for...!!
    Did I miss something? Who said. The V outperforms the C7?

kwickag is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS Vsport Premium White Diamond Kona interior

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejs View Post
    Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. I just joined the forum and will be buying my first Cadillac next month when I retire. Figured the SRX will make a fine road trip vehicle for us. Nothing comes close to its style.

Anyway, I think the point being made here by the OP is that a sunroof is a much sort after option for many people including my wife and I. We would absolutely not buy a vehicle without one. I think Cadillac made a grave error in not making the sunroof as a stand alone option as most manufacturers do.

You see, the "old" way of American thinking was that the buyer of an American made vehicle should just settle for something he or she really isn't happy with. Why should any one of us buy something we are not going to be totally happy with? The American auto industry has made light year leaps in progress since the 60's and 70's with style, performance and reliability. However, they shouldn't shoot themselves in the foot with poor option package strategies. Any sale will always be better than no sale.
    It is a stand alone option on the CTS luxury package and up. The VSport had just one option package, premium. Truth is the V has no option packages just some options (including sunroof) you can add, otherwise it comes with everything. So it would appear the higher up you go the fewer choices you have.

Personally I'm fine with the VSport packaging and pricing, Cadillac has been "proving" themselves for 10 years and it looks like they think they have made it, only time will tell. If I build a 550i that same as my order it is $9,000 more than my MSRP so I guess I'm still getting a bargain.

wrigleyville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS VSport Premium
    it's all relative:
    The CTS Vsport is 6 seconds faster around the Nurburgring than than the first generation CTS-V. While not as fast as the 2nd gen, I am quite happy with the speed.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    If you're referencing my conversation, the salesperson had nothing to gain. I had already purchased the car and from another dealer to boot.

As for the cost of the new V, no doubt. There is a V-Sport thread in the V forums that is speculating on the new V. One of the topics is AWD. The current V already has an issue that the tires quickly become overwhelmed because the car has so much power and many are saying that in order for the V to compete with the M5 and the E63, it needs AWD to allow the tires to hook up. The issue as a poster mentioned is that aside from the Typhoon and Cyclone, GM has no experience with performance AWD systems. The current transfer case in use on the ATS, CTS and XTS would explode with the torque that the current V puts out. With the. 600+ HP that is being speculated for the next V... Forget it.

With respect to price, the same debate is being had there with people saying that in order for the V to compete with the M5 and E63, it's going to be pushing six figures and once that happens, there is no way that people are going to buy a Cadillac over the M5 and E63.

Essentially the same debate that is being had here and on the 3rd gen CTS forum.
    I just meant even the sales person wouldn't know wether a new CTS coupe would be produced or not. With that in mind I can understand he would make the same choice you made on the CTS coupe. By the time the next CTS coupe is out and went through the first year of fixing bugs who knows you might be up for another choice.

The 3rd gen CTS is so much evolved from the 2nd I think its price class is fully aceptable. Even if I wouldn't be able to afford it after I could afford the 2nd gen. I am more in the league for a 3.6 NA and would settle for an ATS with MRC just as well. But right now I still need a wagon, so I will be looking for low milage used 2013 CTS wagon this year.

lambdaman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): saul@millenniumlasertech.com

Ok, a CTS-V panoramic sunroof is $1,150.00 from the factory. The fact that a dealership tried to charge
    You 10K is bullshit. Price your vehicle from the web. **** the dealership.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Dude, we're talking about the Vsport here. There is no sunroof option. The Vsport base package does not have a sunroof; the Vsport Premium, which costs $10k more, includes a sunroof.
    jbonacci likes this.

jbonacci is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS Luxury 2.0T & '13 SRX4 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by lambdaman View Post
    Ok, a CTS-V panoramic sunroof is $1,150.00 from the factory. The fact that a dealership tried to charge
    You 10K is bullshit. Price your vehicle from the web. **** the dealership.
    Here is a perfect example of people that have no idea what the option packages are telling other members what to do. Before commenting, educate yourself!

StoneCrab is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The Vsport Premium trim-level, which costs $10k, unlcudes a lot more than just the sunroof. He is a partial list on what's in the package.

Full leather seating with 20-way adjustable driver and front passenger seats
    Reconfigurable gauge cluster featuring four unique themes (very cool TFT display, like the C7)
    Choice of authentic carbon fiber or wood interior accents
    Full color reconfigurable Head-Up Display
    Aluminum alloy sport pedals
    Full speed Adaptive Cruise Control
    Front and Rear Automatic Braking with Automatic Collision Preparation
    UltraView sunroof
    Tri-zone climate control with heated rear outboard seats
    18” Ultrabright machined wheel (different than Vsport non-premium wheel)
    Advanced alarm system with tilt sensor and laminated glass
    Power rear window sunshade, manual rear side sunshades
    110-volt power outlet
    Illuminated handles and sillplates

And more I haven't listed here. There is a lot of content for the $10k.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.