Cadillac loses my business with the CTS-V Sport - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, Cadillac loses my business with the CTS-V Sport in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; Originally Posted by 70eldo So Cadillac should lower the price of a high quality CTS to earn loyalty????! Just don't ...
    jbonacci is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS Luxury 2.0T & '13 SRX4 Performance

Re: Cadillac loses my business with the CTS-V Sport

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo View Post
    So Cadillac should lower the price of a high quality CTS to earn loyalty????!

Just don't take the sun roof.
    This is the logic of Cadillac owners? So if you want a certain car with a sunroof, but you don't want to spend an extra $10K to get one--you should just settle and not get it?

On a side note, why are people on this forum acting like an extra $10K is not a lot of money? Last time I checked, $10K is not a drop in the bucket.

corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

Any word yet on an awd V-sport. No more rear wheel for me in Michigan

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by corvette00
    Any word yet on an awd V-sport. No more rear wheel for me in Michigan
    No word. XTS is the only model available in V-sport trim and AWD.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by eurofixer
    I'm about to take delivery of mine for a little under 52k. It's a little rarer in the Opulent Blue though so it hasn't been on a lot!
    Is yours luxury? That's beautiful color! Upload some pics when you get it.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by jbonacci View Post
    This is the logic of Cadillac owners? So if you want a certain car with a sunroof, but you don't want to spend an extra $10K to get one--you should just settle and not get it?

On a side note, why are people on this forum acting like an extra $10K is not a lot of money? Last time I checked, $10K is not a drop in the bucket.
    Like explained the 10K is not just for the sunroof. Leave the package with sunroof if you are not willing to spend it. Like others mentioned I think the 10K for the PACKAGE is worth its money. I am not saying 10K is not a lot of money. I am not pissing on Cadillac because they now have a high quality CTS that doesn't have the old DTS pricing. They compete right on with E and 5, also with the pricing. And I still think you get a lot more for your money than with an E or 5. Even if you count in the sunroof.

So I don't want to disrespect you for your opinion on the CTS pricing, but please allow me to say in return it is not fair to expect lower pricing for the CTS just because the DTS used to be a bargain.

I would agree with you it is a pitty the sunroof only comes with a package and not as a single option.

jbonacci is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS Luxury 2.0T & '13 SRX4 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo View Post
    Like explained the 10K is not just for the sunroof. Leave the package with sunroof if you are not willing to spend it. Like others mentioned I think the 10K for the PACKAGE is worth its money. I am not saying 10K is not a lot of money. I am not pissing on Cadillac because they now have a high quality CTS that doesn't have the old DTS pricing. They compete right on with E and 5, also with the pricing. And I still think you get a lot more for your money than with an E or 5. Even if you count in the sunroof.

So I don't want to disrespect you for your opinion on the CTS pricing, but please allow me to say in return it is not fair to expect lower pricing for the CTS just because the DTS used to be a bargain.

I would agree with you it is a pitty the sunroof only comes with a package and not as a single option.
    My issue is that the extra "features" the $10K comes with aren't worth the $10K for me in order to get a sunroof. I find it odd that on all the other Cadillac models, you can get a sunroof--but on this specific model, you need to spend $10K. It doesn't make sense to me.

I want to see Cadillac (and GM) beat the Germans & Japs in sales--so I'm hoping that they sell a ton of cars.

Either way, I guess we will see what the buyers think based on sales.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by jbonacci View Post
    My issue is that the extra "features" the $10K comes with aren't worth the $10K for me in order to get a sunroof. I find it odd that on all the other Cadillac models, you can get a sunroof--but on this specific model, you need to spend $10K. It doesn't make sense to me.

I want to see Cadillac (and GM) beat the Germans & Japs in sales--so I'm hoping that they sell a ton of cars.

Either way, I guess we will see what the buyers think based on sales.
    How you specified your opinion now I totally agree

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Cadillac may change this position down the line, as early adopting Cadillac Faithful and Gotta Have Its give way to the more value conscious. Right now they figure they will gain more than lose by doing it this way, i.e. push more people who are already decided on a Vsport into spending $70K for the loaded car.

BillFisher is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

You can get all of that and the performance with the upcoming 2015 Hyundai Genesis for a little north of $50K. I have ridden in one and seen the car up close and personal at Hyundai World HQ and given the choice between the CTS and the Hyundai, the Hyundai is my choice. I know i'll hear all the haters but I'm a real dyed in the wool car guy originally from Detroit and I used to say, "Friends don't let friends drive Hyundai." Now I'm a believer. Sportourista...hang on a few months if you can and you'll see I'm not kidding. The interior is spectacular with cavernous backseat and leather that will make Mercedes blush, beautiful deep grain matte finish "real" wood. The dashboard is elegant with a 9.2" nav screen and premium switchgear. The car is library quiet and speed and the chassis is stiffer than a BMW 5 series. The steering has been improved with the power steering unit attached directly to the rack and has driver selectable driving modes. Paddle shifters are standard and the amazing Lexicon sound system is the same as that found in Roll-Royce. I liked the CTS too but I'll be damned if I'll screw around with that CUE system that responds when it wants to respond. You will pay $20K more for a Cadillac that is commensurate with the Genesis and even more for one of the German Marquees. All you're buying will be the name because after now owning two Hyundai Genesis I'm a loyal owner and they've proven their worth to me. I have to admit that the current Genesis is nowhere near these other names yet still a real value for the dollar. The next Genesis is a game changer just as this CTS is a game changer for Cadillac. The difference is they aren't putting a handgun in your back and taking you to the bank for this Hyundai. Compared to the other names the Hyundai has more interior room than all 4 (Audi, BMW, Mercedes and Caddy) especially the backseat, a nicer interior than all four (certainly nicer materials) It's quieter, has more features for the money, is as fast as you'll ever a drive a car on the streets (well at least a four door sedan) and the sound system is the best in the business. I love the interface with the nav and I really appreciate the volume and tuning knobs for the radio as well as the elegant analog clock on the dash. This car is the real deal. Being from Detroit I hate to admit they've done a better job than our own countrymen, but they have.

rktko is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i bought the CTS 2011 off the show room floor (with sunroof). I wish I had got the CTS-V.... The sunroof is nice.... Rethink.... you wont be disappointed.
    rk

artscadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS With Sport Perf Pkg

The main issue here is that almost every new model has 1 or 2 goofy illogical packaging issues. In this case, it's stupid not to have a sunroof as an option on the V-Sport. In reverse, I think a CTS Perf + Premium uncludes a sunroof, even if you don't want it.

Another case is that heated seats, standard on every Cadillac I have had since 1993, must be ordered on the ATS. Dealers have added it to all cars I have seen.

dobrenyr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Why not just tell the dealer that you'll split the difference... $5K and if they don't take it... walk away... $5K seems much more reasonalbe for the package... got nothing to loose... especially if you like the car....
    remember... when they call you "cheap" that's a compliment!
    CTSjones likes this.

timg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 M6 Stealth Blue CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by sportourista View Post
    Today, I spent over 2 hours looking at and driving the 2014 CTS V-Sport. I had a enthusiastic, knowledgeable and very professional sales person helping me.

I was ready to special order one of these gems, and worked up an order form. Then the shocker! In order to get a sunroof, I had to pony up an extra $10,000 for an option package of nebulous electronic extras to get the sunroof. That put the price of this car just north of $70,000. (As a comparison, the Corvette I spec'd out was $69,000 with the Z51 package and a modest list of options).

What would I have paid for this car? For me $58-60,000 max. The sentiment I have read on this forum reflects some of the same feelings on pricing. I hope that Cadillac comes to its senses soon about what the market place deems the worth of its products. It would be sad to see some of its best products ever sitting on dealer's lots with rebate signs on them.
    I agree whole heartedly. The brand new, fully loaded Stealth Blue Special Edition 2013 CTS-V I bought was under $70k out the door... To spend more and get less on a 2014 CTS V-Sport seems to be the definition of insanity. Don't even get me started on ELR pricing...

Tim

wrigleyville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS VSport Premium

There seems to be a lot of hating going on, especially since this isn't a CTS-V forum.
    I am a long-time fan of the CTS-V, and love the car on track day, but was looking for something that was more mainline for the weekday commute, with the ability to be aggressive when needed, and to have some fun on weekend drives. To me, the Vsport Premium is the perfect choice. Lots of power, great handling, ultra luxurious, and sharp styling. I could have gotten a CTS-V for less, but made the conscious decision to pay more for the luxury/sport mix, versus the hard core adrenaline of the pure V. I do think they made a mistake with the name, which confuses the marketplace, but I didn't buy it for the V badge; I bought it to get 420hp and 0-60 in 4.4 seconds without compromising on a luxury sedan look and feel.
    So, my main question is why the CTS-V owners have issues with the Vsport? Its not like they discontinued anything, and from the reports I am seeing, it looks like the 2015 CTS-V is going to be a monster…I look forward to heading out to Vegas and spending a day in one at the track.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Quote Originally Posted by timg View Post
    I agree whole heartedly. The brand new, fully loaded Stealth Blue Special Edition 2013 CTS-V I bought was under $70k out the door... To spend more and get less on a 2014 CTS V-Sport seems to be the definition of insanity. Don't even get me started on ELR pricing...

Tim
    That's not really fair. You're comparing MSRP on the first-year Vsport to the discount you were able to negotiate for your particular last-year CTS-V.
    70eldo likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.