2014 CTS V Sport interior colors – Premium ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, 2014 CTS V Sport interior colors – Premium ? in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; ...
    rayainsw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

2014 CTS V Sport interior colors – Premium ?

According to what I see in the new 2014 CTS ‘Build Your Own’,
    selecting the light platinum [ light gray ] or light cashmere
    is not possible if you select the V Sport Premium.

You pay $10K more, and your interior selections are then
    reduced to only the darker trim colors?

This seems very odd . . .
    - Ray
    Particularly down south – where I live.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nad0083 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 2014 CTS V Sport interior colors – Premium ?

I feel the same
    really depressing. I love cashmere color and would like it on a v sport premium model but it is not available !!

I believe It is a marketing thing although I agree a $70,000 top trim level should have all the colors available.

I hope It'll change in the 2015 models.

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by nad0083 View Post
    I feel the same
    really depressing. I love cashmere color and would like it on a v sport premium model but it is not available !!

I believe It is a marketing thing although I agree a $70,000 top trim level should have all the colors available.

I hope It'll change in the 2015 models.
    Makes perfectly logical sense. But think of it from their side. Base engine (all trims) will be 45% of sales, mid-level engine (all trims) another 45% of sales, leaving only 10% of people opting for the 3.6TT (of course this is current, with no CTS-V being yet offered). Of those 10% choosing the 3.6TT, that's gonna be split between Luxury and Premium. For manufacturing efficiencies, they have to limit the number of paint and interior combinations to still make money on these. You'd think it would be just the opposite -- limited paint and interior combos on cheaper configs, but nope. Same holds true for every manufacturer.

pissedoffwookiee is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

not quite true, there are basically 3 tiers of interiors for the new CTS:

base gets leatherette with optional leather surfaces in black or platinum only

Luxury gets next tier up with leather surfaces in black, platinum, blue, and cashmere

performance get the most choice with leather surfaces in black, platinum, blue, ans cashmere with the option for full semi aniline leather in black/sapele wood, black/carbon fiber, cashmere, black/morello, and kona brown

premium get the full semi aniline leather in black/carbon fiber, cashmere, black/morello, and kona brown

V-Sport is locked in at the luxury level for interiors

V-Sport premium is locked in at premium level for interiors

the difference between the leathers is the lower level 'surface' leather is coated and the sides are leatherette and the upper level 'full' leather is the tops and sides are leather and the leather used is semi-aniline meaning its not coated but stained.

think painted versus stained cabinets, the 'full' leathers are softer and smell better like a leather goods shop

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

For what it's worth, the Kona Brown is lighter than you might think. It is more of a medium saddle color. Saw a CTS Premium yesterday with that interior color. I didn't get to get into the car, but my previous experience with that leather in an ELR, as well as a Morello Red CTS V-Sport, showed that the semi-aniline leather is noticeably nicer and more aromatic than the standard leathers, and really elevate the interior quality. Those interiors are $1650 more, though, but it's not a large percentage for a $70,000 car, and they really make it seem more like a really expensive car. The Morello Red comes off as a bit darker than in most pictures, BTW. The Kona Brown has a non-shiny, deeply grained finish wood in the CTS Premium that I couldn't really examine up close, so I have to reserve judgment on that feature. I agree that a lighter color, preferably in the upgraded leather, would be a nice addition. Actually, upgrading the black leather would help that interior, too. IMHO, just making the better leathers in the Premium models would help justify the cost of the Premium line.

Jhduca is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None yet. Wanting v-sport
    The full leather , or semi aniline is all you can get on the premium line....appropriately. At least that's what I see on the cadillac web site. And for $70 K that's only right....

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Actually, the Jet Black and the Cashmere interiors are standard leather. The Brown and the Red are $1650 extra, and have the semi-aniline leather. They are only available on the Premium models of each level of the CTS, and are not limited to the V-Sport. The Brown interior is also an available extra on the ELR. The XTS Platinum has semi-aniline leather as standard, but it appears to be a different finish than the Brown and the Red on the CTS/ELR.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.