pricing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, pricing in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; I see the new C7 Corvette pricing has been announced - $51,995 including destination charge: http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/chev...-at-51995.html A bit less than ...
    rayainsw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

pricing

I see the new C7 Corvette pricing has been announced - $51,995 including destination charge:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/chev...-at-51995.html

A bit less than I had expected.
    I wonder where the CTS V Sport will be priced - and when we will know...
    Guesses, anyone?
    - Ray
    Hoping for less than $55K, reasonably equipped.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Re: pricing

It would be nice to see the stripped model at under $50K, but that might be too much to hope for. That would put it about $13K under the big V. I hope that the sun roof will be an option too.

piening2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V

Base pricing announced today:
    Vsport- $60k
    Std CTS- $46k

http://m.autoblog.com/2013/06/13/201..._river_article

"The Vsport model contains the highest-performing components, led by the all-new Twin Turbo V6. The CTS Vsport model starts at $59,995, including $925 destination, and comes equipped with an electronic limited slip differential and eight-speed automatic transmission in RWD only."

Well - thanks - that does mean my BMW
    will NOT be replaced by a V Sport...
    - Ray
    Now on to other possibilities ...

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

46K is great for the CTS... 60k is too much for the Vsport... Wondering how much the ATS-V will be?

ATSwannabe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by piening2150 View Post
    Base pricing announced today:
    Vsport- $60k
    Std CTS- $46k

http://m.autoblog.com/2013/06/13/201..._river_article

"The Vsport model contains the highest-performing components, led by the all-new Twin Turbo V6. The CTS Vsport model starts at $59,995, including $925 destination, and comes equipped with an electronic limited slip differential and eight-speed automatic transmission in RWD only."
    I believe Cadillac has shot themselves in the foot with the pricing of the 2014 CTS line.It looks like they tried to compete with the Mercedes E class & the BMW 5 series.Externally they are all about the same size,but the BMW & Mercedes are much roomier than the CTS.Like it or not the CTS still compares to the 3 series in interior space.Customers don't buy a car for how long it is but for how much interioir space it has.I believe the pricing on the new CTS will cause many present Cadillac owners to take a serious look at the E class & the 5 series as roomier alteratives.Peviously there was such a large price difference that the Cadillac was a good bargain.The Vsport is priced close to the E 550 & the 550I wich both have twin turbo V8's.I seriously doubt that the TTV6 in the Cadillac will be a match.The gas mileage ratings are similar on all 3 of these models.

Bigplay is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 CTS V-sport Premium

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks the price is to high. It should have been priced closer 2 the v1 went it came out in '04 not about 4 grand cheaper than the '14 v2.

rsingl is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD

It might be a mistake in the order guide that shows standard and available equipment however for the V Sport it shows the sun roof (C3U) as standard with the V Sport premium package BUT NOT AVAILABLE for order with the "base" V Sport. Hopefully a misprint in the guide but if not you would be forced to take the $10K premium package if you want this popular feature.

See for equipment guide: http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NAS...ehicleID=14262

(See page 18 of the guide for this detail)

wow XTS V Sport price Re: pricing

TrimThis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 TG CTS Coupe

I may have a chance to get a new V-Sport using the GM employee discount. Has anyone used this and what would the discount amount to? Thanks

Tbone85 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Prospective

Quote Originally Posted by ATSwannabe View Post
    Externally they are all about the same size,but the BMW & Mercedes are much roomier than the CTS.Like it or not the CTS still compares to the 3 series in interior space
    A big deal has been made over the .7 inch less rear leg room in the CTS, and nothing was mentioned of the 1.2 inch greater front leg room in the CTS. Since front seats slide forward and back, total leg room is a better measure of useable space.

CTS has 78" front and rear leg room combined. 5 Series has 77.5 and E series 77.1. Both the Germans have slightly more shoulder room, I couldn't find hip room measurements for the Germans in a quick search.

Bottom line Interior volumes:

CTS 110.7
    E-Series 111
    5 Series 116

BMW has 4% more interior room. Mercedes calculation is too tiny to worry about. It's a tradeoff of weight (for which the 5 series has been blistered for) and space (which some are now criticizing the CTS for). So no, the laws of physics have not been circumvented by any of these competitors. It's more a question if the CTS has enough space for you, or if you mind the tradeoffs of the extra weight offered by the 5 series.

Now that several CTS V sport tests have been published, I will take another crack at the price issue. As 1 potential customer, here is my 2¢ worth:

It looks to me like a reasonably well equipped BMW 550i is currently priced at just over $68K [ M Sport Package & heated seats ] that would be equipped close to the level of a CTS V sport ‘Premium’. That CTS V sport would be priced at $70K.

I do see much goodness in this version of the CTS. I applaud Cadillac for pushing down this performance road. I respect the weight control exercised in the development of the new CTS – all versions. I am very pleased to see something positioned between the ‘normal’ 3.6L V6 CTS and the CTS-V.

However, if I were spending my own money, [ today ] I would choose the BMW.

The biggest reason is simple – it is a BMW. Meaning: BMW has been a player & and has become a benchmark in this class for many years – going back to the 2.8L straight 6 cylinder Bavaria in the early 1970s. They have earned a reputation and brand recognition in this arena, IMHO.

I have driven a recent [ 2011 ] BMW for almost 30,000 miles. It was, overall, a very satisfying experience.

Before turning in this leased BMW, I drove a 550i – a 2013 with the 8 speed trans. - but not a 2014. I found it to be a very impressive machine. Even with the additional weight, I would prefer a twin turbocharged BMW V8 to this Caddy TT V6. And I would prefer the well proven ZF 8 speed automatic in the BMW.

And again, for roughly the same price, I would choose the BMW.
    If the CTS was priced significantly below the BMW, I would think very seriously about the Caddy. At comparable prices, I see the BMW as ‘the safe choice’ – for now.

Pricing the 2SJ ‘basic’ Vsport at $60K is, I believe, a mistake – by $5,000 to $8,000. Packaging the moonroof and making it ONLY available with a bundle of other stuff that I suspect many will not want to pay for is, I believe, also a mistake.
    [ The 550i has a moonroof standard, at the base MSRP of approx. $65K. ]
    The color HUD is certainly cool, but I’d pass on that to avoid having to pay a $10K upcharge for the Premium 2SK package. The same with heated rear seats. And the rear window sunshades. Etc.

Caddy may not have shot themselves in the foot here [ as suggested by others ] but I do not believe that the brand has yet earned the right to price the CTS V sport directly against the 550i.

I could be wrong – sales numbers will tell . . .
    Cheers,
    - Ray
    Not in this market again, for another 2 years or so.

blankster is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

Per the Cadillac site 71K (plus freight?) for a Vsport premium OMG! - I assume a Vsport AWD will be down the road, how much will that be??? What will the CTS V go for 80K plus? Are these guys nuts? These vehicles better include the navel lint remover for that kinda coin .

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

The new CTS prices are indeed a bit shocking, compared to the current version. If one equips equivalent CTSs with the comparable BMW 5 Series, the Cadillac is consistently $5-6000 cheaper. Even then, each car may have some equipment that is unavailable in the other, or may include some things that you wouldn't necessarily order or pay extra for, but in general, the BMW will still be markedly more expensive, similarly equipped.

I also find it odd that the Ultraview isn't available in the base V-Sport. Maybe it's an error in the website, or it's just a bizarre marketing move. The comparison to the 550i should be very interesting. The 550 is certainly more powerful than the V-Sport, but the Caddy will weigh about 300 lb less, and the new 8-speed will help the performance, too. The current 5-Series has not been noted for it's handing, being based on the bigger 7 Series. The V-Sport on the other hand, is based on the ATS, which is known as quite a handler. Plus Cadillac has worked hard on the balance of the car, and is including Brembo brakes and the MRC, both significant advantages. BMW offers their adaptive steering and suspension systems as options, and as these have not been well received, it is just as well that they are optional. A comparison of similarly equipped cars should be quite interesting.

While the new CTS doesn't impress with the interior numbers, in reality it is usefully bigger and more comfortable in the rear, and seems similar to the 5 and the E Class when actually seated. Rear headroom is truly adequate, even with the Ultraview. The interior furnishings and quality are also substantially better than the previous generation, and as good or better than the BMW, at least in the $71,600 V-Sport Premium that I sat in last week. Judgment on the lesser models will have to wait. The V-Sport is a much nicer car than the current CTS-V, even if the V is faster than the V-Sport. The next CTS-V (I would be shocked if there wasn't one, given the current car's popularity) will probably at least $10k more expensive than the current one or maybe more if there is a lot of exotic and expensive technology like carbon fiber and titanium. It will still be substantially cheaper than the M5 and AMG, I predict, if not by such a substantial margin as today. There will be far fewer complaints about the quality of the furnishings, though. The new CTSs are REALLY NICE cars.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.