Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Vsport 3952 lbs

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Low_ET 
#1 ·
I do not see that this has been posted here, and I do not believe it was on the Caddy web site initially. The ‘Base Curb Weight’ of the Twin Turbo V6 [ Vsport ] is now listed under ‘Specs’ as 3952 lbs. 336 more than the base 2.0L Turbo.

- Ray
I was hoping for a bit less weight increase . . .

#2 ·
rayainsw said:
I do not see that this has been posted here, and I do not believe it was on the Caddy web site initially. The ‘Base Curb Weight’ of the Twin Turbo V6 [ Vsport ] is now listed under ‘Specs’ as 3952 lbs. 336 more than the base 2.0L Turbo.

- Ray
I was hoping for a bit less weight increase . . .
336 lbs more but over 100 hp more. No problem !

#8 ·
The weight sounds right for the V Sport, it is listed at 200 pounds greater than the NA 3.6. With the twin turbochargers and associated plumbing, air charge coolers, and perhaps some additional weight in the remainder of the drive train 200 pounds isn't much particularly with the HP gain. There is probably additional standard equipment on the V sport that is optional on the lower weight trims.

The lightest of the ATS series comes in with a base weight of 3315 and that is a significantly smaller vehicle with a NA 2.5 4 cylinder and less content.

For a well equipped midsize luxury sedan the low weight is impressive and providing space, power, and all of the mandatory safety equipment makes further weight loss very costly. Much of the advancement available through today's weight reduction technology is offset by market demand for gadgets and features along with federally mandated safety and emission equipment. It is a different world from years ago when Chevrolet even left the heater out of one Corvette model to save weight, now the lack of seat heaters (and coolers) would be considered "cheap".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.