2014 CTS VSPORT Announced
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, 2014 CTS VSPORT Announced in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; So the Twin Turbo 3.6 will only be available in what is being called the CTS VSport. I don't know ...
    Snake Enterprises is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L

2014 CTS VSPORT Announced

So the Twin Turbo 3.6 will only be available in what is being called the CTS VSport. I don't know how I feel about that, but it just means that it'll be a lot more money lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Enterprises
    So the Twin Turbo 3.6 will only be available in what is being called the CTS VSport. I don't know how I feel about that, but it just means that it'll be a lot more money lol.
    I thought that too. At least it's 500 pounds lighter!

Snake Enterprises is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L

Re: 2014 CTS VSPORT Announced

I would love to just drop one of these TT3.6L in my 2005. I wonder....

popacork is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Crystal Red

Great that the CTS is lighter...I expected rear legroom to increase, but apparently not to happen.

250motorsportz is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

I sure as hell hope they offer that TT 3.6L in an AWD setup. That's the only thing that held me back from buying a 2nd gen V. I need my AWD up here in Canada! Seeing how Mercedes is bringing out their E63 S 4matic(AWD in MB terms), my next vehicle choice will be a long and hard decision...however I am very loyal to Cadillac, I just hope they can keep up.
    Harry_Wild and Harry_Wild like this.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by 250motorsportz
    I sure as hell hope they offer that TT 3.6L in an AWD setup. That's the only thing that held me back from buying a 2nd gen V. I need my AWD up here in Canada! Seeing how Mercedes is bringing out their E63 S 4matic(AWD in MB terms), my next vehicle choice will be a long and hard decision...however I am very loyal to Cadillac, I just hope they can keep up.
    I believe I read that the TT 3.6L will come only in RWD.

exesivefire is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0t AWD
    Does this mean the v as we know it is dead?

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

So this generation is supposed to compete with the BMW 5 series right? Well I hate to say it, but Bimmer is doing a good job at advertising their 5 series twin turbo 6-cylinder that gets 34 mpg. Will the new CTS get that and in a TT V6? I hope so, but I'm dubious.

CadillacAsAlways is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
    Quote Originally Posted by exesivefire
    Does this mean the v as we know it is dead?
    No, thank god. The CTS Vsport will be like the 5-series M-sport. (Which as we know, the 5-series M-sport and an M5 are two very different things)

The Vsport, like an M-sport, will be a pumped up version of the base model with extra power, maybe some tighter suspension (I'm assuming magnetic ride control will be offered) and a collection of various other gizmos that the actual Vs or Ms receive, including perhaps a few cosmetic changes. (Think how the 06-07 Sport CTS's got V rockers....bits and pieces of a V but not at all the whole deal cosmetically).

Then, there will be the actual CTS-V, just like there is the actual M5. That one I'm sure will have a V8 making around 600hp, 0-60 hopefully under 4 seconds and HOPEFULLY with a manual offered on it. None of these base CTS's, even the Vsport, will have manuals....

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

V sport

Let's just copy ze Germans on everything. Come on GM.

atssponge is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): G8 GT and WRX Wagon

This is very interesting to say the least. I will reserve judgement until after the auto eight is reviewed, but it has be a stout unit. With head room, it must be at least 500 ft lb rated. This car will be a tuners dream if they over built it. My goodness. I still prefer a manual option. I hope but doubt the ATS Vsport will have one.

cmjohnson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS luxury package

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    V sport

Let's just copy ze Germans on everything. Come on GM.

Usually you have to learn from the best, and get up to their level, before you can surpass them. Copying excellence is an important learning step toward achieving superiority.

What really impresses me most is that Cadillac is so dedicated to making world class luxury performance cars when the American driver is so radically different from the European driver.

Europe has a larger share of "driving enthusiasts" and roads suitable for fun driving than America. America has a far more utilitarian road network, built for the purpose of getting from
    point A to point B in the shortest time via the straightest path. And our average American drivers see their cars as transportation FAR more often than they seem them as a recreational item.
    In no small part because we don't have very many fun roads to drive on like in Europe.

We who care about performance, power, and handling are NOT the majority segment of the American driving population. Far from it. We're a niche market.

I'm just happy that we have some manufacturers that cater to it, Cadillac being the leader in it. Which 15 years ago would have sounded like a fantasy out of a delusional mind.
    Back then, the words "Cadillac" and "performance" and "handling" were words that were never used together in the same sentence.
    neurotictim likes this.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

You're assuming BMW is excellence. I call it sauerkraut.
    Jailtime and Jailtime like this.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by angelbones
    So this generation is supposed to compete with the BMW 5 series right? Well I hate to say it, but Bimmer is doing a good job at advertising their 5 series twin turbo 6-cylinder that gets 34 mpg. Will the new CTS get that and in a TT V6? I hope so, but I'm dubious.
    Honestly , does anyone buying a 400hp high performance car really give a rats rear end what the mpg is !? No
    snofun3 and snofun3 like this.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

As Cadillac enthusiasts, we are going to be biased. The point I was making about the mpg is that when buyers are comparing, if they see 25/34 for a BMW and 18/27 for a Cadillac, even those looking for performance would ALSO want better mileage. Additionally, don't get me wrong, the reason I didn't buy a BMW is because I think they are mostly boring compared to my coupe, so I, like most of you, don't need to be sold on Cadillac, the general public does need to be sold though, and mpg could be a tipping point.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.