2014 CTS VSPORT Announced - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, 2014 CTS VSPORT Announced in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; I think GM knows they can't really play in this class anymore with pushrod engines. Which is why I am ...
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: 2014 CTS VSPORT Announced

I think GM knows they can't really play in this class anymore with pushrod engines. Which is why I am anxious to see what they do with the real V-series cars. I would be perfectly happy with an LT1 powered ATS-V, but those who are cross shopping the M3 would look at that as an antiquated dinosaur. They would be wrong, but that is still how they will see it. I am guessing at a tuned version of this engine, about 450-470 bhp. The real question is if they will keep on with the LSA in the CTS-V, or if they have something entirely new up their sleeve.

Bigplay is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 CTS V-sport Premium

Quote Originally Posted by corvette00 View Post
    Hey Cadillac, V-Sport needs awd
    I would also love to see this as well.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH
    I think GM knows they can't really play in this class anymore with pushrod engines. Which is why I am anxious to see what they do with the real V-series cars. I would be perfectly happy with an LT1 powered ATS-V, but those who are cross shopping the M3 would look at that as an antiquated dinosaur. They would be wrong, but that is still how they will see it. I am guessing at a tuned version of this engine, about 450-470 bhp. The real question is if they will keep on with the LSA in the CTS-V, or if they have something entirely new up their sleeve.
    🇺🇸🇺🇸. The new Corvette V8 engine will be the next V Series engine.

corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

I would be happy with an awd twin turbo CTS. The awd n* sts was a great drivers and could not be classified as a DTS.

Harry_Wild is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Sedandeville

Quote Originally Posted by exesivefire View Post
    Does this mean the v as we know it is dead?
    No! Cadillac had to fill the gap with the V-Sport. It like the Audi line: "A", "S", "RS". In Cadillac it will be: CTS, CTS V-Sport, CTS-V.

The CTS-V is suppose to come with a twin-turbo V8 is the rumor but it could be the Corvette 6.2L Engine in the new C7!

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

I'm new on this board, but will the V-Sport still have folding rear seats? I LOVED that feature and miss it a lot in mine now.

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo
    I'm new on this board, but will the V-Sport still have folding rear seats? I LOVED that feature and miss it a lot in mine now.
    What do you have now that doesn't have folding seats?

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

^^^^^

The V-series sedans don't have folding seats.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by arw1510 View Post
    What do you have now that doesn't have folding seats?
    I had the Pontiac GXP that had them. I thought that the standard CTS had them too. Best thing that they ever did to cars so you don't have to get a wagon.

Looney100 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm doubtful on the likelihood of a next-gen CTS-V with 500+ HP. Here's what makes me fearful:

1) The V-sport monicker dilutes the value of the "V" branding and makes it confusing. They can't sell a CTS-V alongside a V-Sport without confusing the hell out of customers.

2) The pricing announced for the V-Sport of a $59K base price puts it too close to the current V pricing. If they try and slot another model above the V-Sport, you're looking at an $80K car, which is getting awfully close to M5 and E63 territory, and I don't think the marketplace will support that.

3)What caddy has done with the V looks eerily similar to what Lexus did with the IS-F - which has been killed off: They launched a next gen chassis, but kept the IS-F for another year on the old chassis, while creating a bunch of "F-Sport" models without the power of the -F, then killed the IS-F.

I'd love to see a CTS-V with 500+ HP, and a decent auto tranny/DCT so I could avoid wasting the extra coin on an E63, but I'm doubtful.

TrimThis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 TG CTS Coupe

I doubt there will be another pure "V" badge now. Cadillac proved their point with the V and are done with the HP race for awhile. Also holding the "ring" record for a time showed that they had a car to go with the power. Congratulations Cadillac! Their focus now will be a car with just enough HP to make it interesting. V power was over the top for a everyday luxury sedan. I'd bet sedan sales will be much stronger with the TT over Vpower. The V was more of a toy, the Sport will be more of a daily driver. If the Sport will run out at 170, what would be the reason to build another V? Does anyone need a 200mph 4dr? I'll be test driving one for sure.

Ramv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    M5 and AMG suggest that a V will exist....

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

You are dreaming if you think Cadillac will cancel the CTS-V.

3rd gen will carry on with ~580 hp, and a reduction in weight will improve performance over 2nd gen. My guess is about 3800-3900 lbs. A 400-500 lbs weight drop.

DPL
    DPL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I think Looney might be onto something - as much as a hate to think it.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

^^^yeah....that.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.