2014 CTS VSPORT Announced - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, 2014 CTS VSPORT Announced in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; Hey Cadillac, V-Sport needs awd...
    corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

Re: 2014 CTS VSPORT Announced

Hey Cadillac, V-Sport needs awd

droptopron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 3.0 AWD Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
    So this generation is supposed to compete with the BMW 5 series right? Well I hate to say it, but Bimmer is doing a good job at advertising their 5 series twin turbo 6-cylinder that gets 34 mpg. Will the new CTS get that and in a TT V6? I hope so, but I'm dubious.
    Does the BMW really get that? I am dubious about that.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Yeah, I call BS on that.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    BMW does not offer a M5 AWD. I do agree it would be really unique to have a V4 option !!

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

This is a great thread discussing the actual merits of the V sport.

Over in the 2G V forum, there is an open debate about people confusing V-sport and V-series.

It is stoked by the confused going over there and posting about the "new 2014 CTS-V with a 420 hp TT!". Sigh.

I like the idea of a mid-level trim that the V-sport represents. 420 hp 3.6TT should respond nicely to mods as long as the transmission can handle the extra power. It'll get way better mileage than my V wagon. My only issue with the V sport is the badging. It should be badged "V-sport" rather than a differently stylized "V" from the V-series' "V".

The unwashed masses WILL be confused by the badging.

Luckily, enthusiasts like us won't be. Regardless, I'll likely be test-driving it....or at least borrowing one when I'm in the dealer for service. Should be fun to drive! Too bad there's no manual option.

corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

I never understood when Cadillac discontinued the STS V they did not offer a V appearance package on the N* STS instead of everybody rushing out to buy E&G grills. The V cars are awsome, but not very practical in the north.
    Harry_Wild and Harry_Wild like this.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Very true. It seems like they just gave up on the STS, which is too bad. It's a great car. I know it wasn't selling that well and the CTS was, but they should have tried some updates to it and tried some different price points with different packages.

Quote Originally Posted by corvette00 View Post
    I never understood when Cadillac discontinued the STS V they did not offer a V appearance package on the N* STS instead of everybody rushing out to buy E&G grills. The V cars are awsome, but not very practical in the north.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

remember GM was going bankrupt at the time?
    (or coming out of bankruptcy)
    i think that had something to do with it
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Yeah, good point. They should have used some Government Motors money to put into revising the STS......ha ha.

but that was my point ... they had to cut their losses and move on forward with projects that were going to be winners
    (while the STS and STS-V were great cars they were not winners)

it's a shame for sure, but that's just how it happened
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Point well taken. I was kidding about the bail out money thing.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Because the STS is more or less just a rear drive DTS. And the STS-V, besides straight-line acceleration, lacked any real performance. And from a practical standpoint, it was just a CTS with a few more inches of rear legroom. Once the second gen CTS hit the market, there was really nothing to convince either consumer or enthusiast to buy an STS over a CTS.

Now with the ATS, CTS and XTS, they have most of the bases covered. Once their full size rear driver hits the market, they will have a complete lineup. Even if it is an expensive one.

good way to put it jimmy

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by carter's_sts
    Very true. It seems like they just gave up on the STS, which is too bad. It's a great car. I know it wasn't selling that well and the CTS was, but they should have tried some updates to it and tried some different price points with different packages.
    I own 05 STS and was original owner. While a great car (188,000 miles ) I can see why GM did what they had to. They needed a bigger car and Sts way to close to CTS in size etc. I personally think the XTS is going be changed up once new flagship arrives in 2015 or '16. It could keep the XTS name ( not a bad idea ) but it will be totally different.

droptopron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 3.0 AWD Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post

I like the idea of a mid-level trim that the V-sport represents. 420 hp 3.6TT should respond nicely to mods as long as the transmission can handle the extra power.
    It's needed in this class. Its just way too much of a jump from the 3.6 naturally aspirated to the V. Mercedes has the 550 in between the 350 and the AMG. I like that Caddy is going this route. I wondered if they would go with a destroked LS engine of around 5.5 litre.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.