Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2014 CTS VSPORT Announced

22K views 80 replies 36 participants last post by  JimmyH 
#1 ·
So the Twin Turbo 3.6 will only be available in what is being called the CTS VSport. I don't know how I feel about that, but it just means that it'll be a lot more money lol.

#71 ·
I doubt there will be another pure "V" badge now. Cadillac proved their point with the V and are done with the HP race for awhile. Also holding the "ring" record for a time showed that they had a car to go with the power. Congratulations Cadillac! Their focus now will be a car with just enough HP to make it interesting. V power was over the top for a everyday luxury sedan. I'd bet sedan sales will be much stronger with the TT over Vpower. The V was more of a toy, the Sport will be more of a daily driver. If the Sport will run out at 170, what would be the reason to build another V? Does anyone need a 200mph 4dr? I'll be test driving one for sure.

#76 ·
I think the true V in addition to the V sport will be in the line for quite awhile. It sounds like a V version of the ATS will soon be introduced and the CTS will certainly get a new "true V" version as the leading sport sedan of the brand. In the meantime the old style CTS sedan and coupe continue for 2014 in V trim.

The V sport fits nicely between the 321 HP 3.6 and a yet to be named likely forced induction V8 for the third generation. The V sport package has confused some automotive journalists who rave about the price reduction for the 2014 V.

I am just about sold on a V sport to replace my 08 CTS 3.6 but the Cadillac option packaging really irritates me. I don't like or want the automatic braking and a few other items included in the 3.6TT premium trim but it appears the sunroof will not be available as an option in the only other 3.6TT trim level. The CTS will remain my daily driver, I am buying a Corvette C7 for fun summer drives and with that in mind it is irritating as hell to be forced to get summer only tires for the V sport and this is especially ludicrous for a vehicle that has at minimum standard heated front seats and steering wheel. If I take delivery in spring I guess I can wear out the summer tires by fall but otherwise I guess it can go directly from the dealer to a tire store for suitable midwestern winter tires. I considered a BMW 335i before I bought the 08 CTS and will probably visit the BMW dealer again just to see which available package comes closest to what I really want.

#77 ·
I agree that [ equipment-wise ] the V Sport sounds like it slots neatly
between the 'regular' 3.6L V6 and the V, whenever that is released.
The price point just is not justified, for me.
Agree about the sunroof issue.
BTW: I am about to turn in a leased 335iS.
The V Sport sounds like it would have been
a suitable replacement, at a substantially
lower price point - and with the sunroof issue
resolved.
- Ray
Will miss the BMW....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.