Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2014 regular CTS to have 420 HP !!!!

20K views 91 replies 34 participants last post by  DMCEDDoc 
#1 ·
#63 ·
If you were asking them to trim 600 lbs from the current sigmaII CTS, then yes, that would be impossible.

But that is not what they are doing. The 3rd gen CTS will be so in name only; this is an ENTIRELY new car. From the ground up folks.
We will find out tomorrow I guess. I could be wrong. It's happened before.

But I am sticking with my predictions:
ATS-V; 3400 lbs with 450 hp
CTS-V; 3700 lbs with 580 hp

----------

And who say any V has to be faster than any M? What are the odds of a bone stock V lining up next to a bone stock M?
The V doesn't stand a chance against the M in the media. The communist car rags will make sure of that. Fortunately, most of us enthusiasts are above the preschool level those guys operate at.

#64 ·
There is no way the ATSV with a TTV6 will weigh the same as the ATS 2.0T.. It just wont happen. The ATS 3.6 weighs 3561 and the V will most likely be heavier than that too with turbos/intercooler etc. The ATSV will probably be well over 3600 lbs.. Which isnt so bad.. The 2012 M3 weighs 3700 and the 2013 335 is about 3600.

#67 ·
Having given the V1's power some thought, after reading this thread, methinks the V1 needs a power adder.

Could they have offered it with one, yes, and why did they not? Probably had something to do with product planning.

Cadillac and GM never would have had a CTS-V ripping the luxury sport sedan class a new ******* big enough that the muscle car lines would feel it. ...not in 2004, anyway. Nor was there a need to--the V and its class has remained close-ish in power and performance.

Would've been cool, though. I like the way the V2 led Vettes and Camaros by the hand with the LSA

-------------------

tl;dr: I'm upping the motor plans from 6.6L to 6.6 with supercharger. ("hey nice Caddy! is that the one with five hundred something horsepower?"

"naw, six!)

-------------------

PS: I'm keeping the deer.

#80 ·
etcts-v said:
If the TT version CTS is called the Vsport that doesn't mean there won't be a V8 V correct?
Yeah, as I read somewhere, think of a Vsport as an M-sport. A pumped up version of the base model, including maybe some light cosmetic changes, but not at all the full deal like a real CTS-V or a real M5.

We'll still get a real CTS-V with a V8, probably making around 600hp, under 4.0 second 0-60 hopefully, and darn it we better get a manual for it too... These base CTS's will have no manual...

Anyway, only thing I'm really bummed about is no CTS coupe. This ATS coupe better make up for it, but then the ATS-V coupe likely won't have a V8. It'll likely have this TT 3.6L.
I really want a V8 powered V coupe....

#81 ·
One thing I love about this new car is that the instrument cluster is going to be (at least on some variants) an LCD screen which will be configurable to
show just basic instruments, or more instruments if you want. I figured that was coming and it's a feature I want.

Problem is, the car will probably have to be used and at least six or seven years old before I can afford it. I'll just have to wait...or buy more lottery tickets.

I envision a car with a full glass cockpit and sidestick controller, someday. No steering wheel. And...either front seater can drive it.

#83 ·
Very impressed with the specs of this car. Just I'm not going to spend the money when the outside(back half of the car) is grandpa styling. Ugly. Put a much cooler back end on this car and you would have a head turner, a real winner people would want to drop big bucks on.

#88 ·
It's $6900 complete. Installed, tuned, complete to kick but. DMCEDDoc has had his AWD newer one SC'd for somewhere around a year now? And kicjs but all over the place.

Add $999 for the 3600 stall converter (helps 3-4 tenths in the 1/4 mile).

Turn around time once here is 2-3 weeks (we drive it for 4-5 days to make sure no issues pop up as its along way back if its not correct, and tuning takes a few days).

The car is amazing when finished 2wd or AWD.

Anyone wanting to schedule, May is the earliest we can fit the next ones in. We have 16 cars in right now. SC, single turbo, twin turbo, heads/cam(s) both V6 & V8.

Call direct for details: 941-721-1826

www.RevXtreme.com

Have dealers in Germany, Russia, PRC (China), Australia, and the US (we are in Palmetto, FL between Sarasota and Tampa).

:thumbsup:

#89 ·
SC2150 said:
It's $6900 complete. Installed, tuned, complete to kick but. DMCEDDoc has had his AWD newer one SC'd for somewhere around a year now? And kicjs but all over the place.

Add $999 for the 3600 stall converter (helps 3-4 tenths in the 1/4 mile).

Turn around time once here is 2-3 weeks (we drive it for 4-5 days to make sure no issues pop up as its along way back if its not correct, and tuning takes a few days).

The car is amazing when finished 2wd or AWD.

Anyone wanting to schedule, May is the earliest we can fit the next ones in. We have 16 cars in right now. SC, single turbo, twin turbo, heads/cam(s) both V6 & V8.

Call direct for details: 941-721-1826

www.RevXtreme.com

Have dealers in Germany, Russia, PRC (China), Australia, and the US (we are in Palmetto, FL between Sarasota and Tampa).

:thumbsup:
S/c a lh2 awd n* v8?

#91 ·
Adding to CTS mod talk, I have considered opening a thread to discuss a 6.6L LS build including a trans replacement. If people are considering $8k for a 3.6L and 500hp, I think I may not be the only V1 owner who would consider $8k for a 600hp supercharger-ready 9.0:1 motor and trans combo.

I'm stopped in las cruces, NM for the night. I will post to a new thread for the 6.6L build some time this week.

#92 ·
I'm only running 7# boost after I changed crank pulleys. I had to switch because the snout on my first crank pulley broke.

I have to purchase a smaller SC pulley so that I can run with stock V8s again. My girl's tuned SHO whoops my ass!!

I was way faster at 10#...I wouldn't recommend going with 6-7# knowing what it's like to have 10#

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.