2014 regular CTS to have 420 HP !!!! - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, 2014 regular CTS to have 420 HP !!!! in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; Don't care how much it is going to weigh at this point. They completely screwed up the styling. Just like ...
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: 2014 regular CTS to have 420 HP !!!!

Don't care how much it is going to weigh at this point. They completely screwed up the styling. Just like so many other current sedans, they overbaked it.

sebas042886 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    3800lbs would be amazing, but even a well trimmed ATS falls into 3700. I don't see how a car built to be a larger car and a 5 series competitor will be in that weight range.

I doubt the V guys set out to be slower then the M series guys... in any aspect. The E90 M3 has been out since 2007 and has had 420hp since then. To 'battle' the future M3 with 420hp would be a mistake. Even with 450 would be a mistake. Odds are the new M3 will be closer to 500. Fully optioned ATS weighs 3700ish. I don't see how the TT 3.6L can weigh less then the 3.6L, as mentioned here. I'm expecting the following:

ATS-V; 3650 lbs with 480hp
    CTS-V; 3800 lbs with 620hp

Best case weight and worse case horsepower scenario

I think the V stands a decent amount of chance against whatever they put it against. Look at the V2 comparos. Everyone hailed it for its price per horsepower bargain, its handling, and its interior. There really was not much negatives I heard in big wig comparisons.

The only place I've ever seen stock Vs line up against stock Ms has been in a camera for MotorTrend or InsideLine or some Youtube car channel. There is absolutely no denying the modability of the V2 powertrain platform, which with less money, will pull an F10 M5 with no issue. Intake, Pulley, Tune will get you above 580hp crank in the LSA with no problem.
    Base is going to weigh in a little bit over 3600 pounds. That is INSANELY good, and 200 pounds lighter than the 5 series with which it will compete, and the A6 as well.

I own an ATS, and if the driving dynamics of the ATS are transferred over to the CTS with the new engine... i want out of my lease.

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Don't care how much it is going to weigh at this point. They completely screwed up the styling. Just like so many other current sedans, they overbaked it.
    I'm actually Impressed with the front, but the rear....ohh my my my...some angles I thought it looked alright though...Maybe it'll grow on me when I see it in person this fall...Hopefully...

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

If the TT version CTS is called the Vsport that doesn't mean there won't be a V8 V correct?

CadillacAsAlways is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
    Quote Originally Posted by etcts-v
    If the TT version CTS is called the Vsport that doesn't mean there won't be a V8 V correct?
    Yeah, as I read somewhere, think of a Vsport as an M-sport. A pumped up version of the base model, including maybe some light cosmetic changes, but not at all the full deal like a real CTS-V or a real M5.

We'll still get a real CTS-V with a V8, probably making around 600hp, under 4.0 second 0-60 hopefully, and darn it we better get a manual for it too... These base CTS's will have no manual...

Anyway, only thing I'm really bummed about is no CTS coupe. This ATS coupe better make up for it, but then the ATS-V coupe likely won't have a V8. It'll likely have this TT 3.6L.
    I really want a V8 powered V coupe....

cmjohnson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS luxury package

One thing I love about this new car is that the instrument cluster is going to be (at least on some variants) an LCD screen which will be configurable to
    show just basic instruments, or more instruments if you want. I figured that was coming and it's a feature I want.

Problem is, the car will probably have to be used and at least six or seven years old before I can afford it. I'll just have to wait...or buy more lottery tickets.

I envision a car with a full glass cockpit and sidestick controller, someday. No steering wheel. And...either front seater can drive it.

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

The 3.6 has a tuff as nails crank/rods/pistons already and we have 500 hp super charged, single and twin turbo builds all over the world holding up fine.

Been force feeding these for a few years now.

RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Kooly is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS

Very impressed with the specs of this car. Just I'm not going to spend the money when the outside(back half of the car) is grandpa styling. Ugly. Put a much cooler back end on this car and you would have a head turner, a real winner people would want to drop big bucks on.

Send your 2010 to us for 500 HP for only $6900 complete turn key and have more power for much less$$.

Kooly is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS

Sc I may have to think about that. Please pm me the details. I have a 3.6 DI non awd.

DMCEDDoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS Coupe AWD

My supercharged AWD 3.6DI runs great. No problems with it holding up. It embarrasses Camaro SS and Mustang GT owners on the surface streets and highway.

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by SC2150
    Send your 2010 to us for 500 HP for only $6900 complete turn key and have more power for much less$$.

What's your usual turn around time with something like that?

It's $6900 complete. Installed, tuned, complete to kick but. DMCEDDoc has had his AWD newer one SC'd for somewhere around a year now? And kicjs but all over the place.

Add $999 for the 3600 stall converter (helps 3-4 tenths in the 1/4 mile).

Turn around time once here is 2-3 weeks (we drive it for 4-5 days to make sure no issues pop up as its along way back if its not correct, and tuning takes a few days).

The car is amazing when finished 2wd or AWD.

Anyone wanting to schedule, May is the earliest we can fit the next ones in. We have 16 cars in right now. SC, single turbo, twin turbo, heads/cam(s) both V6 & V8.

Call direct for details: 941-721-1826

www.RevXtreme.com

Have dealers in Germany, Russia, PRC (China), Australia, and the US (we are in Palmetto, FL between Sarasota and Tampa).

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by SC2150
    It's $6900 complete. Installed, tuned, complete to kick but. DMCEDDoc has had his AWD newer one SC'd for somewhere around a year now? And kicjs but all over the place.

Add $999 for the 3600 stall converter (helps 3-4 tenths in the 1/4 mile).

Turn around time once here is 2-3 weeks (we drive it for 4-5 days to make sure no issues pop up as its along way back if its not correct, and tuning takes a few days).

The car is amazing when finished 2wd or AWD.

Anyone wanting to schedule, May is the earliest we can fit the next ones in. We have 16 cars in right now. SC, single turbo, twin turbo, heads/cam(s) both V6 & V8.

Call direct for details: 941-721-1826

www.RevXtreme.com

Have dealers in Germany, Russia, PRC (China), Australia, and the US (we are in Palmetto, FL between Sarasota and Tampa).

S/c a lh2 awd n* v8?

We do V8's (started doing FI in the mid 1970's) steady to 100-1200 rwhp and up if the budget is there.

Here is a twin turbo Z06 we did a few years ago....even with sticky Nittos had to be over 100 mph to come into full boost w/out instantly blowing tires up in smoke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEDeTR_Z6oc

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.