2014 regular CTS to have 420 HP !!!! - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, 2014 regular CTS to have 420 HP !!!! in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; Originally Posted by odthetruth ... To lose 600lbs is too tall of an order on a CTS-V, IMO. Maybe so, ...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: 2014 regular CTS to have 420 HP !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    ... To lose 600lbs is too tall of an order on a CTS-V, IMO.
    Maybe so, but it needs to. Well, maybe 500 which would put it at ~3,800 lbs (oink oink).
    D3l7a3ch0 and D3l7a3ch0 like this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

D3l7a3ch0 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Black-on-Black

3,800 is ****in' -light-for four doors
    ddawson and ddawson like this.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

If you were asking them to trim 600 lbs from the current sigmaII CTS, then yes, that would be impossible.

But that is not what they are doing. The 3rd gen CTS will be so in name only; this is an ENTIRELY new car. From the ground up folks.
    We will find out tomorrow I guess. I could be wrong. It's happened before.

But I am sticking with my predictions:
    ATS-V; 3400 lbs with 450 hp
    CTS-V; 3700 lbs with 580 hp

----------

And who say any V has to be faster than any M? What are the odds of a bone stock V lining up next to a bone stock M?
    The V doesn't stand a chance against the M in the media. The communist car rags will make sure of that. Fortunately, most of us enthusiasts are above the preschool level those guys operate at.

wilmo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    There is no way the ATSV with a TTV6 will weigh the same as the ATS 2.0T.. It just wont happen. The ATS 3.6 weighs 3561 and the V will most likely be heavier than that too with turbos/intercooler etc. The ATSV will probably be well over 3600 lbs.. Which isnt so bad.. The 2012 M3 weighs 3700 and the 2013 335 is about 3600.

xxxcrown Guest

Quote Originally Posted by D3l7a3ch0 View Post
    Nevermind, it's worse than I thought.
    "What" is worse than you thought? I really have no idea what your problems are with my posts.

Ramv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Any chance of any of the new V being AWD? That would be a game changer in my mind.

Having given the V1's power some thought, after reading this thread, methinks the V1 needs a power adder.

Could they have offered it with one, yes, and why did they not? Probably had something to do with product planning.

Cadillac and GM never would have had a CTS-V ripping the luxury sport sedan class a new ******* big enough that the muscle car lines would feel it. ...not in 2004, anyway. Nor was there a need to--the V and its class has remained close-ish in power and performance.

Would've been cool, though. I like the way the V2 led Vettes and Camaros by the hand with the LSA

-------------------

: I'm upping the motor plans from 6.6L to 6.6 with supercharger. ("hey nice Caddy! is that the one with five hundred something horsepower?"

"naw, six!)

-------------------

PS: I'm keeping the deer.

xxxcrown Guest

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo View Post
    i take him seriously. i'd rather drive an e30 m3 than a new 3 Series. And I am not in the minority.
    Thanks, he has some sort of issue with my analogies. In a pm he is suggesting that I have deficiencies in my logic for posting those analogies, and then asked me how much college education I have. I really don't understand why people feel the need to be like this towards others.
    carlson_mn and carlson_mn like this.

:

just to be clear, GT|Motion pm'd me.

xxxcrown Guest

:

just to be clear, GT|Motion pm'd me.
    Yes I did, I wanted to know what your problem was.

friends?

xxxcrown Guest

friends?
    Sure
    D3l7a3ch0 and D3l7a3ch0 like this.

mstrjon32 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Looks like the cat is out of the bag a little early:

http://jalopnik.com/2014-cadillac-ct...s-it-458768296

yyyyyyyyyyyyep

time to get the baby some bolt ons

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Maybe so, but it needs to. Well, maybe 500 which would put it at ~3,800 lbs (oink oink).
    3800lbs would be amazing, but even a well trimmed ATS falls into 3700. I don't see how a car built to be a larger car and a 5 series competitor will be in that weight range.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    If you were asking them to trim 600 lbs from the current sigmaII CTS, then yes, that would be impossible.

But that is not what they are doing. The 3rd gen CTS will be so in name only; this is an ENTIRELY new car. From the ground up folks.
    We will find out tomorrow I guess. I could be wrong. It's happened before.

But I am sticking with my predictions:
    ATS-V; 3400 lbs with 450 hp
    CTS-V; 3700 lbs with 580 hp

----------

And who say any V has to be faster than any M? What are the odds of a bone stock V lining up next to a bone stock M?
    The V doesn't stand a chance against the M in the media. The communist car rags will make sure of that. Fortunately, most of us enthusiasts are above the preschool level those guys operate at.
    I doubt the V guys set out to be slower then the M series guys... in any aspect. The E90 M3 has been out since 2007 and has had 420hp since then. To 'battle' the future M3 with 420hp would be a mistake. Even with 450 would be a mistake. Odds are the new M3 will be closer to 500. Fully optioned ATS weighs 3700ish. I don't see how the TT 3.6L can weigh less then the 3.6L, as mentioned here. I'm expecting the following:

ATS-V; 3650 lbs with 480hp
    CTS-V; 3800 lbs with 620hp

Best case weight and worse case horsepower scenario

I think the V stands a decent amount of chance against whatever they put it against. Look at the V2 comparos. Everyone hailed it for its price per horsepower bargain, its handling, and its interior. There really was not much negatives I heard in big wig comparisons.

The only place I've ever seen stock Vs line up against stock Ms has been in a camera for MotorTrend or InsideLine or some Youtube car channel. There is absolutely no denying the modability of the V2 powertrain platform, which with less money, will pull an F10 M5 with no issue. Intake, Pulley, Tune will get you above 580hp crank in the LSA with no problem.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.