2014 regular CTS to have 420 HP !!!! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, 2014 regular CTS to have 420 HP !!!! in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; oh yeah, that's the one I meant what is this i don't even...
    D3l7a3ch0 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Black-on-Black

Re: 2014 regular CTS to have 420 HP !!!!

oh yeah, that's the one I meant

what is this i don't even

Ak Jim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by JD03Cobra View Post
    Back in the 80's I bought a 1988 Mustang GT 5.0 V8 new which had 225hp. Mini Van's today put out more HP.
    Yes, and in 1988 that Mustang was one of the fastest cars on the road!

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I would not say the "regular" CTS is going to have 420 hp. Based on other cars, only the CTS Premium will have this engine. About 60-75% of 3rd gen CTS will have the 2.0T. Probably another 15-30% will have the NA 3.6. The TT v-6 will account for less than 10%. Bet on it. And I would bet on automatic only. They could potentially make more CTS-V than turbo CTS.

But it won't be heavier. The ATS comes in at 3400 lbs or so with the V6. Figure the CTS will be 3600 lbs.

As for the V, I am betting it continues on with 580 hp, but will weigh 3700 lbs (600 lbs less than current)
    D3l7a3ch0 and D3l7a3ch0 like this.

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrjon32 View Post

The GMPP tune from the dealer for the Sky RL bumps it from 260/260 to 290/340. I'm ordering a popular tune for mine that bumps it up to around 320/380, with no other mods.
    I hope that is going to be a HP tune. Try doing an ethanol mix 50%e85 50%premium fuel... You will destroy the inside of your underwear, front and back. I miss that cobalt with the LNF... Total animal of a motor.

On topic... The new cts is gonna be heavier so the power difference is gonna balance a little. Just makes me want to get the motor built and boosted that much quicker

3700 lbs is plus-size supermodel light

put the TT V6 in the XLR! <-tbh i don't even know if it's still made.... but it should be! product planner probably says no

CTS V Tuner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS-V
    Back in the 80's I bought a 1988 Mustang GT 5.0 V8 new which had 225hp. Mini Van's today put out more HP.
    But the most powerful minivan today still isn't as much fun to drive as that stock '88 5.0L Mustang is 25 years later.

Our first gen Vs are significant, the way the Buick Grand National, Saleen Mustangs, and the Viper were 20-25 years ago. We're talking about and driving cars that raised the bar from a performance standpoint. They opened people's eyes to the hidden potential lurking in the US auto manufacturing industry and market at each step of the way.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    On topic... The new cts is gonna be heavier so the power difference is gonna balance a little.
    The 3rd gen CTS is going to be lighter. Much, much lighter. The ATS starts at 3300 lbs, and the CTS is going to be a slightly longer ATS.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    The 3rd gen CTS is going to be lighter. Much, much lighter. The ATS starts at 3300 lbs, and the CTS is going to be a slightly longer ATS.
    I was next to a 2014 CTS Test mule today...it looks larger that the current model CTS. Is the 2014 CTS on the same platform as the ATS?

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

I was next to a 2014 CTS Test mule today...it looks larger that the current model CTS. Is the 2014 CTS on the same platform as the ATS?
    I believe it's suppose to be a stretched version of the Alpha platform, the platform the ATS uses, maybe as little as 3,600 lbs with the 2.0 T as the base motor.

Sometimes it's hard to visualize what with all the crazy disguising, but what was your impression of the mule?

EDIT: More info ... http://www.sae.org/mags/aei/11941
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I would not say the "regular" CTS is going to have 420 hp. Based on other cars, only the CTS Premium will have this engine. About 60-75% of 3rd gen CTS will have the 2.0T. Probably another 15-30% will have the NA 3.6. The TT v-6 will account for less than 10%. Bet on it. And I would bet on automatic only. They could potentially make more CTS-V than turbo CTS.

But it won't be heavier. The ATS comes in at 3400 lbs or so with the V6. Figure the CTS will be 3600 lbs.

As for the V, I am betting it continues on with 580 hp, but will weigh 3700 lbs (600 lbs less than current)
    it will definitely be heavier. it's going to be larger in every dimension than the current CTS, and it's going up against the A6 and the 5 Series.

I'd say the 2.0T will be the volume engine, but that the TT V6 will be second in sales. Most people want the entry-level or the top tier, not the mid-tier engine.

I also don't see the CTS-V getting any lighter. Why would it drop 600 lbs? It is EXTREMELY difficult to lose that much weight from one generation to another, especially when making the car bigger. I think the only vehicle to lose close to that much weight in recent memory is the Land Rover Range Rover, and that's because they went to an almost all-aluminum design.

in any case, I have my invitation to Cadillac's CTS launch Tuesday night in NYC, so I'll find out the details soon enough.
    HAMSTAR and HAMSTAR like this.

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo View Post
    ... in any case, I have my invitation to Cadillac's CTS launch Tuesday night in NYC, so I'll find out the details soon enough.
    Make sure you post up lots of info. Can't wait.

Here's a few pics of it: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...photos-117238/
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

repenttokyo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Make sure you post up lots of info. Can't wait.

Here's a few pics of it: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...photos-117238/
    i'll do my best - it's a hectic night, have to be at Honda for the Odyssey that evening too (I know, I know, but it can't all be glory!)

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Front end looks pretty busy...overall looks nice a step in the right direction. Interior looks very nice.

wow that nose is quite a statement

xxxcrown Guest

An e30 m3 has much less horsepower than a normal 3 series, that doesn't mean the new 3 series is better or as fun to drive.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.