2014 Cadillac CTS Gets Twin-Turbo V6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Stoneybroke
Cadillac V-Sport General Discussion Discussion, 2014 Cadillac CTS Gets Twin-Turbo V6 in Cadillac CTS V-Sport; 2014-GM-V6LF3-004-medium.jpg The 2014 Cadillac CTS will be fully uncovered at the 2013 New York Auto Show, but today the brand ...
    AutoGuide.com is offline Administrator
    Automobile(s): None

2014 Cadillac CTS Gets Twin-Turbo V6

2014-GM-V6LF3-004-medium.jpg
    The 2014 Cadillac CTS will be fully uncovered at the 2013 New York Auto Show, but today the brand divulged the three engine options that will reside under the hood.

At the top of the range, a twin-turbo 3.6-liter V6 good for 420 hp and 430 lb-ft of torque will be available. A naturally aspirated version of that 3.6L V6 engine rated at 321 hp will also be available, as well as a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine rated at an estimated 272 horsepower.
    To read more on the 2014 Cadillac CTS, visit AutoGuide.com.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Re: 2014 Cadillac CTS Gets Twin-Turbo V6

Nice as this is, I'll bet labor goes through the roof to work on it. It's so compact to fit between the strut towers and under the hood....oh how the warranty will be needed in case anything is wrong. But that said, I can't wait to see it hit the road.

Stoneybroke is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS AWD Sportwagon

Not avail in the awd. Deal killer for me.
    skymynx and skymynx like this.

like2drive is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneybroke View Post
    Not avail in the awd. Deal killer for me.
    Same here!

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

edited

00 ss is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

I agree, not being available in the AWD sucks. However, I think I understand the decision. It would probably grenade the T-case and front drive system pretty quickly.

Hopefully the next generation car will be lighter than the old one and the 3.6 DI will be a solid performer. Since the new one will be based on the ATS platform, which is much lighter than the current CTS platform, my hope may not be unreasonable.

like2drive is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere

Some of you might know already (I don't), but I suppose that with the Twin-turbo 3.6L, the new CTS might be equipped with summer tires and the sportier suspension - similar as to what they did with the 2nd gen CTS...

I think that eventually it will be offered with the awd, probably by the time gm/ford come out with their own 8 speeds that will replace the japanese one and then pair their own with a good transfer case.

----------

I wonder how long until a variant of this one makes it way into chevy and gm pickups the same way ford did with their "ecoboost" tt v6. Im assuming that one would probably be rated at less hp than what gets put into the Cadillac. But I definitely don't see this going into an escalade. If they do eventually come out with a suv in between the current SRX and the Escalade I wouldn't be surprised to see the 3.6 di, and the 3.6 TT offered in something like that. But realistically, I think were gonna see it in the chevy/gm pickups also

Ramv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by arw1510 View Post
    I think that eventually it will be offered with the awd, probably by the time gm/ford come out with their own 8 speeds that will replace the japanese one and then pair their own with a good transfer case.

----------

I wonder how long until a variant of this one makes it way into chevy and gm pickups the same way ford did with their "ecoboost" tt v6. Im assuming that one would probably be rated at less hp than what gets put into the Cadillac. But I definitely don't see this going into an escalade. If they do eventually come out with a suv in between the current SRX and the Escalade I wouldn't be surprised to see the 3.6 di, and the 3.6 TT offered in something like that. But realistically, I think were gonna see it in the chevy/gm pickups also
    They did bring out an all new 4.3l for 2014, so I would suspect the trucks won't get 3.6L DI. Maybe the turbo though? Definitely think the 3.6 in the CTS lacks low end grunt for a pickup.

next2pool is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Ramv View Post
    They did bring out an all new 4.3l for 2014, so I would suspect the trucks won't get 3.6L DI. Maybe the turbo though? Definitely think the 3.6 in the CTS lacks low end grunt for a pickup.
    The truck 4.3 missed 2 generations of updates and will now become a powerhouse. The 3.6 is not suited for heavy duty full size truck usage.

didnt even realize they came out with the 4.3 for the trucks, so I guess that answers my question. i just thought that the twin turbo would make its way into a bunch of other cars as the performance engine, or into a pickup like ford did with theirs

Harry_Wild is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Sedandeville

Title should of read: CTS - V gets Gets Twin-Turbo V6 with RWD only!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.