Cadillac Owners Forum banner

HMI software update is available for 2013 ATs'

10K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  jeiler9865 
#1 · (Edited)
I would like to have my CUE updated as much as possible, but I know that this can be like pulling teeth when one goes to the dealership. So, I forearmed myself by first going to the CUE hotline (855-428-3669) to see which updates I could get without a hassle. The rep told me that there is a Bulletin #12293A-HMI Software Update, Labor Code #V2773 that is available for my VIN 2013 ATS. Didn't go into details, but assume that the update will improve my CUE experience. You can call them, give them your VIN, and they will check to see if there is an update for your car. Good luck.

EDIT:
Going in tomorrow morning to get the update. SA will put the "right wording" on the work order to insure that the work goes through.

#5 · (Edited)
Just had the HMI update, but I am somewhat confused as to just what has been improved. First off, my SA gave me a copy of the bulletin (see below) and it is dated 7/17/2013! And, I can't believe that we haven't gotten this update already. But, then again, I checked some of the build and software numbers, and some have changed. For example:

1. Although my MAP has stayed the same--23176855, the CUE software number has changed from 23189613 to 23443768.

2. My HMI version has changed from 12.5V035_R2_P41.3 to 12.6V048_R1_MY14.

As to how fast CUE responds, that is difficult to assess as I thought my "original" CUE was fairly fast.

One thing I know did improve, or at least was new, was the you can now control the climate controls via the touch screen. This screen now shows touch buttons for individually (driver side/passenger side) raising/lowering the temperature, and you can control the air speed by touching the screen.

BTW, as for any special wording on the work order, my SA wrote:

"Customer states several concerns with hmi radio operations--media playing."

Cause:
"2810345 Human Machine Interface Control Module Reprogramming with SPS, 882 WGM"

Text Font Document Paper

Text Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Font

#7 ·
I don't have OnStar, thus can't tell you about the weather app interactions.

No microphone icon.

Only major thing I've noticed so far is that all the A/C controls are now on the Climate screen and some of the version numbers have changed (upward). Oh yeah, using the "down caret" it was some times difficult to get the Favorites panel to recede when it showed up on the Nav screen. Often times, when swiping down on the caret icon, it would initiate a Nav command without receding the Fav panel. Before the update, I learned that one had to keep their finger on the icon for a little bit before swiping down...this approach usually worked, but often after several tries. Now, it appears that the receding response is more consistent...but I'm not really 100% sure that I'm not imaging this change.

#8 ·
So I've called the CUE support # and supposedly my car received this update back in September 2013!

However my software # and my climate controls on not like you @flycaster

Not sure what to do here now....they were pretty confident that I have the latest software and I'm confident I don't.

#10 ·
As one who works with CUE issues on a daily basis, I have seen most everything going on. I just read this and have not followed it or been on in a while. It sounds like the dealer upgraded your CUE via USB drive for the campaign. I can tell you from experience this is OLD software and IS NOT THE LATEST VERSION. You can get the system to work much better AND upgraded the map data by program the latest version from TIS2Web but you might have issues finding a dealer that knows how to do this. I work in the Los Angeles area. I have been playing with the all new 2015 Cadillac ATS with gen 10 onstar and wifi systems, finally everything works as advertised and super fast connection and downloads on up to 7 devices at the same time. The home screen is almost the same but added text messaging and the live mapping on the navigation is very quick.

#12 ·
PI 1126C is the curent bulletin I am working from but, I have been known not to work "inside the box".
"An updated software calibration has been released to address the above conditions. Update the HMI Module using a USB FLASH DRIVE and the Service Programming System (SPS) with the files available on TIS2WEB. Refer to the SPS procedures in SI. " Most techs wont waste the time to do this right, it takes almost as much time as the original Campaign 12293 upgrade.
I take it on a vehicle by vehicle basis, it depends on phone/bluetooth device in question and what the concern(s) is/are about cue. I was fixing these BEFORE the campaign came out and was talking with the technical assistance and other GM managers about such issues.

#13 ·
OK, so you are telling me that my recent upgrade really is old and didn't do much. Also, from what you wrote, I would assume that there would have to be specific issues with CUE's performance in order to get the dealership to load on the latest update. Could you give us some idea as to just what we should complain about in order to get the TIS2WEB update. The one thing I know needs improvement on my navigation is more street name info on the map. My map is worse than my 8 year old Garmin when it comes to giving the names of streets/roads.

#14 ·
12293A: Customer Satisfaction - CUE System Update - (Jul 17, 2013) ---
PI1126C: Blank Screen After Startup and Reverse, Rear View Camera Message On, Touch Screen Inoperable, Bluetooth® and Navigation Concerns - (Jun 13, 2014)
Just by looking at the date of when the bulletin and campaign was issued will tell you how old it is.
" this is the complaint list on just the bulletin"
Center Stack showing a blank display right after engine start
No device connected is displayed in now playing view
Sporadic system reset, possibly seen when view phone contact details
Screen stops updating and no visual changes are observed
Touch Screen sporadic inoperable
Time display overlaps Icons in the application tray
RVC touch to exit RVC screen is not working after shifting back into drive
Black Screen and reverse guideline displayed while in drive
Upon answering a Bluetooth hands-free call the HMI Module takes over 5 sec to converge (Noise/echo on the first connection)
Blue screen popped up on ICS screen periodically while playing a movie with RSE system
Map display black around the vehicle Icon on the map (half mile scales
Phone Call does not complete hang up when call is done via speech recognition in the Navigation application
Sporadic system reset, possibly seen when searching address, scrolling/panning on the map or view phone contact details
App tray and interaction selector in may is not faded out properly

This is not all of them, I wont tell you "what " to say because you need to tell them what is going on with YOUR vehicle. My personal vehicle has navigation issues, and I tell them what is going on, and notify gm customer assistance to follow up with this. I can tell you if you change your scale and viewing angle, it will help with streets and traffic conditions, but my personal vehicle resets almost every time I get in it. I have upgraded the software, but still I am finding problems and reporting them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.