Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Navigation incorrectly says Left when screen correctly says Right

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  r34220 
#1 ·
2014 ATS

Anyone else have this happen? Tried to search, but couldn't find anything. I assume this is a software bug, and couldn't be specific to my vehicle.

#2 ·
Hi ElanX,

I apologize for this issue you have experienced with your navigation. I know that you just got your ATS back from the dealership, was this happening prior or did it just start recently? Please PM me with your VIN and I would be happy to discuss this issue with you further.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

G
#5 ·
Mine has been doing that since I have owned my ATS Sept 2013 even after they reloaded the software a month ago even though it was already up to date and it still does it.

It is the only problem I have with CUE though.

#12 ·
Odd, in that forum members have posted threads for a lot less than this.....and I've read quite a few posts and threads. Again, this is the first time I've ever heard of this problem. Obviously, it seems quite a few members seem to have this problem, I'm sure one of you (other than CTSChick) have mentioned or taken your car to the dealer over this....I know I would. What do they say? Or this this just a once-in-a-great while glitch?

#10 ·
Good Evening,

I am sorry to read about those of you who have experienced this with your navigation systems. If there is anything you would like us to formally document or look into please feel free to reach out via private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership.

Sincerely,

Jonathan A.
Cadillac Customer Care

#14 ·
I have never used the voice function of the nav so it might happen more frequently. My wife uses voice and that is why she was aware of it. I would put it into the built in glitch category and understand that viewing the screen after hearing the command might be the proper way to use the system. Although anytime you are fooled by any device you tend to not ever trust it again.

#20 ·
Ok, glad it's not just me. I haven't bothered to tell the dealer about this because I assume their mechanics don't bugfix code. It's pretty annoying. I'd say happens on 1-3% of turns.

I have a HUD on my car, and the HUD displays the correct turn as well.

#21 ·
yes, ive noticed this too.. but it happens to me specifically for 1 turn (so far) while im getting home...
its a turn when i take an exit, make a quarter circle right bend and then make a left.. and it happens consistently.
so, my guess is that it happens at specific turns, and not after a specific number of turns...
see if this helps?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.