CUE Collection - USERS GUIDE
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Collection - USERS GUIDE in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; OK ladies and gentlemen.... look what Google found: http://www.cadillac.com/content/dam/...ed_FINAL-2.pdf The users' guide for CUE Collection (a/k/a app store!) And YES, ...
    dmurphy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 Evolution Green Luxury SRX (Shale/Brownstone Interior)

CUE Collection - USERS GUIDE

OK ladies and gentlemen.... look what Google found:

http://www.cadillac.com/content/dam/...ed_FINAL-2.pdf

The users' guide for CUE Collection (a/k/a app store!)

And YES, it looks like it'll use your handset for its Internet connection... this tells me that CUE Collection is coming to current vehicles - ones that don't have the fancy new 4G radios built in.

Looks like we're close folks.... really close.
    JBG1 and georule like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Re: CUE Collection - USERS GUIDE

Great find!

Fingers crossed. . . it's gonna get UGLY around here if the earlier models of CUE owners are denied this. Pitchforks, torches, etc ugly.
    M5eater and dmurphy like this.

sebounet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD performance

and they say you can contact someone in Canada, so it won't be for USA only.

joewins is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6 RWD Premium

If I read this correctly this update as described will use your cellphones data plan which will require tethering (hotspot) which costs extra depending on your provider, unless you already have it in your plan. As far as I know, no cell provider offers tethering on an unlimited plan so in my case I'd need to change plans and give up my unlimited plan which would cost more. Looking at the available apps at launch I'm not too interested, Pandora works well for me. Maybe in the future if more interesting apps are added it would make sense.

Now if they also squash bugs and optimize CUE to be more responsive, that would be great...
    dmurphy likes this.

dmurphy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 Evolution Green Luxury SRX (Shale/Brownstone Interior)

Quote Originally Posted by georule View Post
    Great find!

Fingers crossed. . . it's gonna get UGLY around here if the earlier models of CUE owners are denied this. Pitchforks, torches, etc ugly.
    Yep, and I'll certainly be leading the pack. My SRX is ~6 months old - no reason it should be left out in the cold. I don't see why they would leave CUE owners behind, honestly. It's their "showpiece" technology and would really hurt Cadillac's momentum. I think we'll be fine - but they always said Murphy's an Optimist.

Quote Originally Posted by joewins View Post
    If I read this correctly this update as described will use your cellphones data plan which will require tethering (hotspot) which costs extra depending on your provider, unless you already have it in your plan. As far as I know, no cell provider offers tethering on an unlimited plan so in my case I'd need to change plans and give up my unlimited plan which would cost more. Looking at the available apps at launch I'm not too interested, Pandora works well for me. Maybe in the future if more interesting apps are added it would make sense.

Now if they also squash bugs and optimize CUE to be more responsive, that would be great...
    You are right, but, depending on your handset, there are ways around that. On iPhones, there are apps available for tethering if you jailbreak the phone. For Android, PdaNet+ will do it.

I wish CUE spoke WiFi so I could just use my Verizon Jetpack instead of tethering to the phone, but so be it ...

I'm excited - this at least opens the door for us to the future. Even if the initial apps aren't that exciting, it's still opening a new world!

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

I am on the same page as joewins. I have an unlimited plan and i see none of the apps that would persuade me to change my data plan to enable tethering. So let me see if i understand this... they could code a Pandora app that did NOT need to be tethered to work, but they cannot code any additional apps to work that way? Nor could they code the apps interface to work over bluetooth or cabled via usb to just use your data as if they were any other app on the device? Maybe i am just not understanding this correctly....

These kind of developments are going to put pressure on the cell carriers to liberalize their tethering policies somewhat.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by pkadanec View Post
    I am on the same page as joewins. I have an unlimited plan and i see none of the apps that would persuade me to change my data plan to enable tethering. So let me see if i understand this... they could code a Pandora app that did NOT need to be tethered to work, but they cannot code any additional apps to work that way? Nor could they code the apps interface to work over bluetooth or cabled via usb to just use your data as if they were any other app on the device? Maybe i am just not understanding this correctly....
    Easy, 4G cars will require additional data plan subscriptions, this is probably something to do with cellular provider's contractual language in providing that service so they can't do that.

your provider either wants you to buy an annual data Plan for the car or pay for tethering, and in-car 4G LTE will not be cheap. Honestly, it's probably more worth it to use the tethering than the in-car 4G, at least you can use it anywhere and I'd bet the data rates are cheaper too.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by pkadanec View Post
    You know, I call on this need to pay extra to your cell phone company to tether through a hotspot, when as you say, there was no problem whatsoever coding Pandora to function properly. I'm not about to jailbreak or screw up my phone in order to use some apps. Just allow us to access and pay for whatever apps are available from the store and allow us to download via Onstar or even through the dealer. Ford sync does this with their customers....how hard can this be?

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

How hard is to make a $3 ignition switch?

don.davis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD Performance

Or... you know... a CUE app for your phone, that let's you configure or personalize your CUE on your phone. Then when you get in the car, the settings sync via BT.

Just read the PDF, and I'm underwhelmed. All of that for the Weather Channel, iHeartRadio and NPR? Put a Chrome app on there with Google Now voice search and I'll be excited.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

as usual the auto manufacturers are woefully behind where mainstream tech is. And this is shocking how?
    r34220 and MikeySF like this.

http://www.cadillac.com/owners/auto-owners-manuals.html

The 2014 ELR has the CUE Collection manual on it, so clearly it doesn't require the built-in 4G LTE radio.

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

Just talked to Cadillac CUE. They said CUE Collection was just for the ELR. No plans at this time to give it to anyone else

You mean not counting all of the 2015s, as already announced?

http://media.cadillac.com/media/us/e...nectivity.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.