flickering CUE screen ATS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xtsbill
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, flickering CUE screen ATS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have had my ATS in the dealership for the 4th time trying to correct the "flickering screen" issue I ...
    cjnichols is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

Unhappy flickering CUE screen ATS

I have had my ATS in the dealership for the 4th time trying to correct the "flickering screen" issue I have been having since I purchased my 2013 ATS. I realize it is hard to duplicate due to the intermittent nature of problem. anyone else been having the same problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: flickering CUE screen ATS

Can you give a more detailed description?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by cjnichols View Post
    I have had my ATS in the dealership for the 4th time trying to correct the "flickering screen" issue I have been having since I purchased my 2013 ATS. I realize it is hard to duplicate due to the intermittent nature of problem. anyone else been having the same problem?
    Hi cjnichols,

I can see how frustrating it would be to deal with a flickering screen. I understand you are already working with your dealership, but if you would like additional support, please PM me your VIN and contact information so we can collaborate on this issue.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

jsehlms is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T LUX 6MT

Just had this pop-up on me today. Talk about annoying. I thought it was just pandora, but happened on the radio and reverse camera as well.

I'll upload a video to show what it's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by jsehlms View Post
    Just had this pop-up on me today. Talk about annoying. I thought it was just pandora, but happened on the radio and reverse camera as well.

I'll upload a video to show what it's doing.
    Hi jsehlms,

I apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing with your screen and any inconvenience it has caused. Have you considered taking it to a GM dealership? I am happy to research the issue and contact a dealership on your behalf if you can PM me your VIN, mileage, and contact information.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

jsehlms is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T LUX 6MT

You can see the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo-HUa5zuEM

I have an appointment on Friday, but I'm sure they won't experience it and tell me nothing is wrong...

cjnichols is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

good luck! I have given up. The Service manager when told, that other people on this site have complained about my problem ( he said i was the first to complain) stated the people complaining are making it up and might not even own a cadillac. I came in and picked up my car at that point. I dont like to be treated like an Idiot. Next time I need purchase my car I will consider the compititon

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

I have an appointment on Friday, but I'm sure they won't experience it and tell me nothing is wrong...

Just take that video with you and play it for them....

good luck! I have given up. The Service manager when told, that other people on this site have complained about my problem ( he said i was the first to complain) stated the people complaining are making it up and might not even own a cadillac. I came in and picked up my car at that point. I dont like to be treated like an Idiot. Next time I need purchase my car I will consider the compititon
    Don't give up....go to another dealer and demand satisfaction....fix or replace!

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

You've got video --just give 'em the death stare if they try to tell you nothing's wrong after looking at that.

xtsbill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have a 2014 XTS Platinum V-Sport and I have experienced the flickering issue. In my case, I was listening to XM Radio.

I opened the compartment below the screen where I store my iPhone and closed it. This cleared the problem. I have an appointment for my 7500 mile service on May 2nd and will bring this to the attention of my Service Department.

I've developed Human-Machine interfaces in the past and I suspect that a patch will be needed for this issue.

I've also experienced issues with the radio not switching to my iPhone when receiving a call or the radio becoming unavailable when a call is discontinued. This is likely a software issue, too.
    georule likes this.

Hi cjnichols,

I apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had with your dealership. Please send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information. I would like to look into this concern further on your behalf.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by xtsbill View Post
    I have a 2014 XTS Platinum V-Sport and I have experienced the flickering issue. In my case, I was listening to XM Radio.

I opened the compartment below the screen where I store my iPhone and closed it. This cleared the problem. I have an appointment for my 7500 mile service on May 2nd and will bring this to the attention of my Service Department.

I've developed Human-Machine interfaces in the past and I suspect that a patch will be needed for this issue.

I've also experienced issues with the radio not switching to my iPhone when receiving a call or the radio becoming unavailable when a call is discontinued. This is likely a software issue, too.
    Hi xtsbill,

I am sorry that you have been dealing with the flickering issue on your CUE. I see you are already set to take your XTS to the dealership, but if you would like any additional assistance with your concern, feel free to PM me. Please keep the forum updated with how your dealership visit goes.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

TJinWA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I have a 2013 ATS and have been having this issue, as well. It's happening more frequently, so will be taking it to the dealership soon for service and will investigate it then.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Good afternoon, Your CF account is activated. Please update your profile to show correct information. CF Staff

Quote Originally Posted by TJinWA View Post
    I have a 2013 ATS and have been having this issue, as well. It's happening more frequently, so will be taking it to the dealership soon for service and will investigate it then.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Good afternoon, Your CF account is activated. Please update your profile to show correct information. CF Staff
    Hi TJinWA,

I can see how frustrating this must be now that it is happening frequently. I understand you plan to take your vehicle to the dealership, but please let me know if you would like assistance scheduling an appointment. Also, if you are short on time and would rather give our CUE Infotainment Team a call you can reach them at 855-428-3669. They are always happy to assist.

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.