Starting to get PO'd with Cadillac
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By flycaster
  • 1 Post By carpenter
  • 1 Post By MRTQ
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Starting to get PO'd with Cadillac in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I'm not a guy with deep pockets. Drove company car's (mid-level Fords, GMs. Chryslers) and kept my personal cars for ...
    flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Starting to get PO'd with Cadillac

I'm not a guy with deep pockets. Drove company car's (mid-level Fords, GMs. Chryslers) and kept my personal cars for at least 10 years. When I retired I was lucky enough to be able to get a 2002 BMW 325 and then a 2005 BMW Z4. Traded in the 325 for a 2013 ATS Lux because the ATS cost less than the 328 and drove better. And, of course, I was sold on the FACT that Cadillac had stated in their advertising that we would have on-going updates to our CUE. I do really like the car, but my CUE experience really is starting to suck, so I just had to contact Cadillac and let them feel some of my ire. I went on their site (www.cadillac.com) and used their email contact to let them know how I felt about their lack of concern for us beta users. I hope that all of you who are experiencing the CUE Frustrations will do the same....

"While in 3D screen, the favorites panel automatically appears although not called for. The panel will not recede when its swipe icon is swiped down. You have to bring up the navigation menu and then down swipe between the Reset and Zoom In icons. This malfunction has been reported before on the cadillacforums.com. Your CUE people and the dealership knows nothing about this. Also, where are the CUE upgrades for us beta owners of the 2013 ATS that your advertising promised? 2014 ATS' got them, but we didn't! This is not appreciated by any of us new to Cadillac...rather bush league."
    bmcleod likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: Starting to get PO'd with Cadillac

I am afraid that the visionaries at GM sort of got ahead of the technology that was available for production. We are living testers for their mistake. My dealership, one of the best I have been acquainted with, doesn't really have a CUE tech person who has been trained and understands CUE. They do have very nice people who use CUE daily and do know many small things about it and can help some of the time. But they are at the mercy of Cadillac for any real ability to alter or make changes to any of the software. As we have all experienced glitches, that are known to GM, but have not had a fix created for them, imagine how little chance we have of ever getting the ability to download apps. I am just amazed that Cadillac is going forward with CUE in all of their new models while not even offering an option like they did on the ATS. I noticed today in the new "Autoweek" that Ford, Chevy, Buick and Lexus all used the round knobs for A/C temp with the digital readout in the center. One touch and turn to the desired temp. No looking for the little red/blue arrow and then having to hold it down and then re-looking to see where the temp stopped. I know some of you love the clean CUE look but with cellphones, infotainment systems, cigarettes and food we really do not need any more driver distractions. Maybe in the future the system designers will all be drivers too.

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '14 ATS 4 Black Raven 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    I am afraid that the visionaries at GM sort of got ahead of the technology that was available for production. We are living testers for their mistake. My dealership, one of the best I have been acquainted with, doesn't really have a CUE tech person who has been trained and understands CUE. They do have very nice people who use CUE daily and do know many small things about it and can help some of the time. But they are at the mercy of Cadillac for any real ability to alter or make changes to any of the software. As we have all experienced glitches, that are known to GM, but have not had a fix created for them, imagine how little chance we have of ever getting the ability to download apps. I am just amazed that Cadillac is going forward with CUE in all of their new models while not even offering an option like they did on the ATS. I noticed today in the new "Autoweek" that Ford, Chevy, Buick and Lexus all used the round knobs for A/C temp with the digital readout in the center. One touch and turn to the desired temp. No looking for the little red/blue arrow and then having to hold it down and then re-looking to see where the temp stopped. I know some of you love the clean CUE look but with cellphones, infotainment systems, cigarettes and food we really do not need any more driver distractions. Maybe in the future the system designers will all be drivers too.
    Certainly would be nice if they would have incorporated HVAC into the voice commands, although I know some people are not happy with the voice commands either. I have had no issues with recognition though, albeit I seldom use them.

My SA gave me a call and said I should come in anytime to have their CUE trained tech take a look. Well, we'll see how far this goes...

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

I'm always sad to read about people who are having trouble with CUE. On my '14 CTS it is working flawlessly and wonderfully. The only problem appears to be that it causes me to take my eyes off the road to often, but this is happening less as time goes on. When I read in Consumer Reports that CUE is the new CTS's only problem, I wonder, did they spend any time reading the manual? They say there are all these problems that I have never had, but I spent a half hour reading the CUE manual. It's not laggy, I only need to push an icon once and the screen appears. OK, weather is a little laggy because it has to download from a satellite. Pandora works great (thank god I kept that unlimited data deal with Verizon). Voice command has been about 95% right on. I look forward to some upgrades from Cadillac as they develop this program, but I hope the early adopters get an upgrade that fixes their problems.

MRTQ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Performance

I kind of wish that it would be required to list your vehicles build date when posting about issues. My ATS is a 2013 YM and build date is 12/12. The only problem I am experiancing with CUE is the Destination and then Menu onscreen buttions do not work in the Nav. Everything else works great. I have an appointment with my dealer tomorrow 02/22/2014.

JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

I pretty much agree with you guys. My XTS is a year old now and the CUE works fine. I never had a physical problem with CUE. When I touch the buttons they do what they are designed to do. Once you get the hang of voice and just talk to CUE it works good. I have friends who have other voice nav systems and they experience confusion now and then too. When I first bought the car I thought CUE was really cool. Then I went thru a month or so of frustration trying to figure out everything CUE can do all at once. Ya, I glanced at the book, but real men don't read directions, LOL. Now that I just drive the car and do what I need to do with CUE it works fine. The biggest problem with this type of system is the distraction from driving. The lack of buttons makes for a vary clean dashboard but you can't help but take your eyes off the road when you want to do something. I find that I use the buttons on the steering wheel most of the time.

Is this embarrassing, or are the computer (CUE) gremlins at work? Would you believe that all-of-a-sudden my 3D navigation screen is now behaving normally (viz., no favorites showing up when screen opens, can swipe up/down favorites from the swipe icon, navigation panel fades as it should). If my wife wasn't present to verify the initial problems with the navigation screen, then I wouldn't have had any proof that the screen was malfunctioning. Anyway, all is now well...

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '14 ATS 4 Black Raven 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    If my wife wasn't present to verify the initial problems with the navigation screen, then I wouldn't have had any proof that the screen was malfunctioning. Anyway, all is now well...
    Anytime I have an issue that I can reproduce I get my phone out and record a video of it happening. Then when I go in, rather than try to explain for 5 minutes what is going on I can just show them.
    bmcleod likes this.

Took mine to the dealer today, they are scheduled to replace the head unit Tuesday, the bottom 1/4 of the screen does not register any input. I sure hope they put everything back how it is supposed to be and dont scratch or damage any of the surronding areas.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by MRTQ View Post
    Took mine to the dealer today, they are scheduled to replace the head unit Tuesday, the bottom 1/4 of the screen does not register any input. I sure hope they put everything back how it is supposed to be and dont scratch or damage any of the surronding areas.
    Hi MRTQ,

We're glad to hear that your dealership will be correcting this issue for you. Please keep us posted on the outcome of your repair. If you have any concerns feel free to private message us.

Amber N. (assisting Gregory & Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

So they got the CUE taken care of and it works great now, however, they seemed to have scratched up the chrome post to the left side of the head unit in the process :-/ . They are going to order that part and get it taken care of for me. I can NEVER get out of a dealerships warranty work regardless of brand without them breaking something else in the process. Oh well I hope they can replace this without an issue. Also the gaps between the chrome and the head unit seem bigger on both sides, however that could be me, maybe. BTW sorry OP for the thread jacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hi MRTQ,

We're glad to hear that your dealership will be correcting this issue for you. Please keep us posted on the outcome of your repair. If you have any concerns feel free to private message us.

Amber N. (assisting Gregory & Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

Guys, I decided to cut them some slack and see if the marks would polish out, even though they did not mind doing the replacment. I used Plasi-X on the trim piecr and after a while I was able to get 99% of the scratches out. If you know right where they were, you might be able to spot them. I had them document that the trim was damaged, but repaired in the system incase it ever discolors or anything like that. Thanks guys! I am now 100% Happy with my ATS!
    georule likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi MRTQ,

This is great news! Thank you for letting us know.

Jessica (assisting Gregory and Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by MRTQ View Post
    Guys, I decided to cut them some slack and see if the marks would polish out, even though they did not mind doing the replacment. I used Plasi-X on the trim piecr and after a while I was able to get 99% of the scratches out. If you know right where they were, you might be able to spot them. I had them document that the trim was damaged, but repaired in the system incase it ever discolors or anything like that. Thanks guys! I am now 100% Happy with my ATS!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.