CUE update?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE update? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Did I read some where in here that Cadillac is coming out with a CUE update this March? If they ...
    JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

CUE update?

Did I read some where in here that Cadillac is coming out with a CUE update this March? If they updated the CUE for 2014 would those updates be available for us with 2013 CUE. The only update my CUE had was the one back at the beginning of 2013.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Re: CUE update?

Yeah, the update could be coming this March...we'll see.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

It was March last year. Does anyone really have a reliable source indicating there will be a new version released in March of 2014? Or are folks going on "Well, they released one March of last year"? Once is not a trend, y'know?

JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

I thought I would just ask Cadillac about a possible update. This is what I got in response.
    Dear Joseph,

Thank you for contacting the GM Infotainment Customer Support group. We
    appreciate you taking time out of your day to reach out to us. If you respond to
    this email, please include Service Request # 71-1275952724 in the subject line
    of your email.

Congratulations on your 2013 XTS! What a beautiful vehicle.

In answer to your question, there is nothing showing in our database about a
    possible update for your CUE system with Navigation. I actually don't have
    advance notice about possible updates that might be coming. However, your
    dealership is your best source for questions of that nature. Especially if you
    have an issue about which you are concerned.

I wanted to let you know; however, that the Infotainment Customer Support Group
    generally handles any and all concerns related to bluetooth connectivity and the
    touchscreen interface in most modern vehicles. If you have questions relating to
    the Infotainment Unit, please don't hesitate to contact me.

my Contact Number (w/ Extension): 866-790-5600 X31001

If you cannot reach me and wish to speak to an Infotainment Agent immediately,
    our department is available to you seven days a week.

Infotainment Customer Support
    Mon - Sun, 8am - 10pm EST
    1-855-4-SUPPORT (78-7767)

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

They should have advance notice to updates as they should receive some sort of training before the updates are pushed out to customers.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Well, here's what I just wrote to Cadillac. Note that I hammered them about a CUE update that was offered in Cadillac's advertising of the 2013 ATS. Let's see how they wiggle out of this...

"While in 3D screen, the favorites panel automatically appears although not called for. The panel will not recede when its swipe icon is swiped down. You have to bring up the navigation menu and then down swipe between the Reset and Zoom In icons. This malfunction has been reported before on the cadillacforums.com. Your CUE people and the dealership knows nothing about this. Also, where are the CUE upgrades for us beta owners of the 2013 ATS that your advertising promised? 2014 ATS' got them, but we didn't! This is not appreciated by any of us new to Cadillac...rather bush league."

EDIT: Wouldn't you know it, two days ago got into the car and the 3D screen was back to normal functioning (favorites panel didn't automatically appear when 3D screen went on and the favorites panel now behaved correctly when swiping it icon up/down). The only proof I have that the 3D screen was problematic was that both I and my wife can attest to the problem and the problems disappearance. Any comments on CUE gremlins at work? BTW, my "bush league" comment re no 2014 update still holds.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

FWIW:

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    ELR is due an update at any moment now, ELR is the first cadillac scheduled to receive 'CUE Collections" which is sort of an app store where you can download RDIO, stitcher etc..this was supposed to hit this month, but seems to be late
    POW posted that in the ELR forum yesterday. I believe he works for a GM dealer.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    FWIW:

POW posted that in the ELR forum yesterday. I believe he works for a GM dealer.

^^^^^^could you post a link to that thread or conversation? Could not find it.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    ^^^^^^could you post a link to that thread or conversation? Could not find it.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l#post11985234

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Just watched a businesses TV show and they were discussing the top five autos in reliability and the bottom five. Cadillac is now rated one of the bottom five and the guy actually mentioned CUE as one of the reasons. Buick made the top five on one model. GMC also made it. Chevrolet was in the bottom five. Eventually GM will have to respond to the issue.

Cool Rod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V-Sport

I wonder if that was a Consumer Reports episode. I say that because I read the Car Buyers issue last night and they rated the Cadillac brand in the bottom group for the same reason: the CUE.

But CUE has zero impact on reliability.

"But CUE has zero impact on reliability".
    That's true unless you are one of the many who have issues like the ones we read about here. I don't think I have ever owned a car where the AC or radio controls gave so much trouble. Or the Nav function has so many issues with intuitive operation. Thank God that Cadillac did not put any safety functions under the control of CUE. You are right about reliability of our vehicles. I haven't had one issue of any thing other than cosmetics or adjustments. The one CUE update was the longest downtime I have had and they gave me a new ATS as a loaner.

It looks like we have just fallen to a new low in priority at GM.

"GM WALLOPED BY 303 AIR BAG-RELATED DEATHS, MILLIONS OF RECALLS, LAWSUIT".

Throw in the ignition switch recall and we are toast.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    It looks like we have just fallen to a new low in priority at GM.

"GM WALLOPED BY 303 AIR BAG-RELATED DEATHS, MILLIONS OF RECALLS, LAWSUIT".

Throw in the ignition switch recall and we are toast.
    I doubt the Infotainment team has much to do with any of that. They'll keep on doing their thing while the rest of GM does theirs.

nightracerx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac SRX Performance AWD

I believe there is a newer version of CUE out there, but it may not be available to 2013 or earlier models yet. When I was at the dealer getting oil changed, I sat in the 2014 models in the showroom, I noticed the CUE icons looked different from my 2013 model, they had two icons for phones, one looks like a standard handheld phone another is a mic, I didn't play around to see how will they work. I then checked the software version of the CUE system under settings, it is different from my 2013 model. I asked the service rep if a newer CUE update is available for my model, he said not yet.

What I really would like to see for software update is Over The Air updates (Ex. Tesla or OnStar update for ATS recently) or the ability for owners to download the update file online then load into the car by themselves (Ex. Ford SYNC systems and BMW iDrive).
    Johnfran likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.