CUE update? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE update? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have an Android phone (Nexus 4), and when I press that Mic icon, it goes to another screen with ...
    Noncon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX

Re: CUE update?

I have an Android phone (Nexus 4), and when I press that Mic icon, it goes to another screen with three options, Exit, Stop and Start. If I press Start, I can usually access Google Now (GN) on my phone (if paired) and the screen is unlocked. If locked, it will start the Google Voice dialer, or it might do nothing at all. Once GN is running you can use all of the GN commands, including sending a text message using verbal commands. But I still can't read incoming text messages, but I'm hopeful the next Bluetooth release will fix that functionality (similar to Windows Phone).

I have a 2014 SRX Performance.

nightracerx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac SRX Performance AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Noncon View Post
    I have an Android phone (Nexus 4), and when I press that Mic icon, it goes to another screen with three options, Exit, Stop and Start. If I press Start, I can usually access Google Now (GN) on my phone (if paired) and the screen is unlocked. If locked, it will start the Google Voice dialer, or it might do nothing at all. Once GN is running you can use all of the GN commands, including sending a text message using verbal commands. But I still can't read incoming text messages, but I'm hopeful the next Bluetooth release will fix that functionality (similar to Windows Phone).

I have a 2014 SRX Performance.
    That's a nice feature I would like to have on my car. For now I believe Windowsphone is the only mobile OS comes stock with voice input and read messages without the need of third party apps. Few years ago when CUE was first released I rode in a demo car, it even had GM App Store to obtain apps and SMS text app on the screen to display, read, and reply messages with your phone, unfortunately it didn't make it to the production version. Maybe in a future release.

bmcleod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 2.0T AWD

I'm at a dealer today for oil change and tire rotation. I asked about any system software updates including CUE. The advisor said there was nothing recommended or available. He could do an 'exhaustive' search if I had a specific complaint but I'd have to leave the car for the day ('I hate CUE' wasn't in his database )

bluztoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 AST, 2.0T, Prem. AT, RWD

It's been a month since the last post here - but folks, let's keep up the pressure. As stated in one of the earlier threads here, Cadillac promised updates and new apps for the 2013 ATS in its marketing. It is simply outrageous that they have been so unresponsive.
    But again, as I've said elsewhere, I would buy my 2.0T ATS again because it is a true joy to drive. Love it.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I am losing hope of any major software changes for our cars. I pretty much have resolved to just use the SRX that I truly love to drive and just treat the CUE system as an aberration that is not to my liking. I can use most of it without too much effort and the voice crap is for others. I have simple tastes in music and like such a wide variety that XM radio gives me almost anything I want. I liked my Tahoe that could hold 6 CD's for books on discs but I manage with just one. I treat the NAV like a drunk friend from out of town who has never been to a place that I want to go and if it doesn't come up with directions that make sense to me I call OnStar. Unless I get a big boost from GM I will probably not be back here for a while. Good luck to you all with your quest for a better CUE. Keep up the pressure.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    I am losing hope of any major software changes for our cars. I pretty much have resolved to just use the SRX that I truly love to drive and just treat the CUE system as an aberration that is not to my liking. I can use most of it without too much effort and the voice crap is for others. I have simple tastes in music and like such a wide variety that XM radio gives me almost anything I want. I liked my Tahoe that could hold 6 CD's for books on discs but I manage with just one. I treat the NAV like a drunk friend from out of town who has never been to a place that I want to go and if it doesn't come up with directions that make sense to me I call OnStar. Unless I get a big boost from GM I will probably not be back here for a while. Good luck to you all with your quest for a better CUE. Keep up the pressure.
    I certainly wouldn't give up hope. I really expect a major update after the release of the 2015 models this summer. Reason? The uproar from 2013 and 2014 owners if they don't.....this was a huge selling point back in 2013 when the CUE and the new Cadillac models came on the scene: To this day, they still advertise online that "your CUE system with never go out of date".....

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by nightracerx View Post
    That's a nice feature I would like to have on my car. For now I believe Windowsphone is the only mobile OS comes stock with voice input and read messages without the need of third party apps. Few years ago when CUE was first released I rode in a demo car, it even had GM App Store to obtain apps and SMS text app on the screen to display, read, and reply messages with your phone, unfortunately it didn't make it to the production version. Maybe in a future release.
    my moto x (android) reads texts to me through CUE, and i can respond with canned or custom responses...I think this is not a CUE feature but entirely phone dependant

dchamb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS
    I bought a 2013 XTS in September. From then until March 2014 I saw no updates coming from GM. I would periodically take it to the dealer to have them check the version I have, and they would say it was up to date.

After frequently complaining to the dealer about CUE, they replaced the Human Interface Module. Guess what? The version was newer, CUE was much more responsive and most of my complaints were resolved.

Conclusion : the HIM they put in was from the 2014,not 2013. I don't believe GM is pushing updates and they know they can't solve the problems with just a software update. The entire module is flawed. And they don't want everyone to know that. What else can you say when they don't fix the problem unless you complain enough?

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote Originally Posted by dchamb View Post
    ...After frequently complaining to the dealer about CUE, they replaced the Human Interface Module. Guess what? The version was newer, CUE was much more responsive and most of my complaints were resolved...
    Two questions, dchamb:
    1. Is the CUE the same for the XTS and the ATS?
    2. With your HIM upgrade, could you test out the following for me:

When in 3D Nav mode and one swipes up the FAV bar, after 30 or so seconds, all bars but the FAV bar recede. We've been told that this is normal for the FAV bar to stay up until manually swiped down. Never made sense to me as by leaving the FAV bar up, the NAV screen's size is diminished. Could you run a test of this with your new HIM?

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by dchamb View Post
    After frequently complaining to the dealer about CUE, they replaced the Human Interface Module. Guess what? The version was newer, CUE was much more responsive and most of my complaints were resolved.

Conclusion : the HIM they put in was from the 2014,not 2013. I don't believe GM is pushing updates and they know they can't solve the problems with just a software update. The entire module is flawed. And they don't want everyone to know that. What else can you say when they don't fix the problem unless you complain enough?
    I have a 2014 software version number in my 2013 as well, even tho the Mic icon isn't on the Home page as it would be on a 2014. So it would appear they have the ability to "configure" the software for 2013 features even when it is a 2014 software version.

Mine is certainly peppier in various ways than the one I started using in August of 2013 with the March 2013 software update on it. But they did replace the HIM as well. I've been putting the "peppier" down to the software update, and that could be all or part of it.

But somewhere around here somebody said they understand the CUE hardware has undergone revisions as well (I think he said twice, in fact). I guess I don't really know if the current HIM in my vehicle may have upgraded cpu/memory vs the original one that is contributing to the increased performance in things like using the on-screen keyboard on the nav address entry screen --that used to be laggy as hell, and is now very much improved.

Cadgonewrong is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

My first post to say hello and also give my .02 about the cue system so far. I have a 2013 SRX I purchased for my wife. I've only driven it a few times and I can tell you I'm not impressed with the cue system at all. My wife complains to me about how she can't use the navigation system. She says it won't let her input the letters and jumps all around. I tried adjusting some settings and it's dismal at best, I even tried the calibration. It's time to make an appointment and drop off at the dealer. I don't know what version I'm running, but please tell me there's an update.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadgonewrong View Post
    My first post to say hello and also give my .02 about the cue system so far. I have a 2013 SRX I purchased for my wife. I've only driven it a few times and I can tell you I'm not impressed with the cue system at all. My wife complains to me about how she can't use the navigation system. She says it won't let her input the letters and jumps all around. I tried adjusting some settings and it's dismal at best, I even tried the calibration. It's time to make an appointment and drop off at the dealer. I don't know what version I'm running, but please tell me there's an update.
    Hi Cadgonewrong,

I am sorry that the CUE system is not meeting your expectations and I apologize for any inconvenience it has caused. If you would like me to reach out to the dealership on your behalf, please PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

just a bit of info for those looking for some more info on the HMI and what exactly it is: http://electronics360.globalspec.com...1-hmi-teardown
    Hoosier Daddy and georule like this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

GTPprix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by georule View Post
    I have a 2014 software version number in my 2013 as well, even tho the Mic icon isn't on the Home page as it would be on a 2014. So it would appear they have the ability to "configure" the software for 2013 features even when it is a 2014 software version.

Mine is certainly peppier in various ways than the one I started using in August of 2013 with the March 2013 software update on it. But they did replace the HIM as well. I've been putting the "peppier" down to the software update, and that could be all or part of it.

But somewhere around here somebody said they understand the CUE hardware has undergone revisions as well (I think he said twice, in fact). I guess I don't really know if the current HIM in my vehicle may have upgraded cpu/memory vs the original one that is contributing to the increased performance in things like using the on-screen keyboard on the nav address entry screen --that used to be laggy as hell, and is now very much improved.
    What exact software build are you running that you think is a 2014? I'm curious what the dealer did

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

23427521. . . which you can see here a recent new owner reported receiving on his 2014 ATS: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...014-2-0-a.html

And yet I don't have the mic on the screen. This leads me to suspect they have the ability to configure software installs by make and model year. . . .which would allow them to have only one main code base to maintain, but still be able to customize features by make and model year. This would make their life a lot easier for bug fixes in the years to come.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.