Does the favortes panel show when in navigation mode?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Does the favortes panel show when in navigation mode? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I think I just noticed a problem. When I'm in navigation mode, the favorites panel shows up at the bottom, ...
    flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Does the favortes panel show when in navigation mode?

I think I just noticed a problem. When I'm in navigation mode, the favorites panel shows up at the bottom, and I can't get rid of it. Does it belong there or not? If not, how do I correct?

BTW, I spoke with CUE help at they told me to reset the CUE by following these instructions. Turn car off, open door wide then close it, press Lock on fob, wait 5 minutes, restart car. I did that and no fix. She also said that leaving the car overnight will reset things. Maybe tomorrow will bring a surprise?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

Re: Does the favortes panel show when in navigation mode?

Yes flycaster you can make the favorites panel go away. Touch your finger on the panel and slide your finger down. The panel will disappear into the bottom of the screen. There is a little arrow looking symbol at the bottom of the screen in the middle. If you put your finger on it and slide up the favorites panel will reappear. It takes some experimenting to find the right spot to put your finger and slide down but it will work. I had the same problem when I first got my XTS. I learned a lot but just experimenting with touching parts of the screen and see what happens. I never had to do a reset but I did write down the directions and put them in the clove compartment in case I need to.

scsgoal31 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Manual - Performance

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrapes View Post
    Yes flycaster you can make the favorites panel go away. Touch your finger on the panel and slide your finger down. The panel will disappear into the bottom of the screen. There is a little arrow looking symbol at the bottom of the screen in the middle. If you put your finger on it and slide up the favorites panel will reappear. It takes some experimenting to find the right spot to put your finger and slide down but it will work. I had the same problem when I first got my XTS. I learned a lot but just experimenting with touching parts of the screen and see what happens. I never had to do a reset but I did write down the directions and put them in the clove compartment in case I need to.
    It's absolutely heartbreaking that the CUE support team doesn't know this. Reset the system? Really?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    I think I just noticed a problem. When I'm in navigation mode, the favorites panel shows up at the bottom, and I can't get rid of it. Does it belong there or not? If not, how do I correct?

BTW, I spoke with CUE help at they told me to reset the CUE by following these instructions. Turn car off, open door wide then close it, press Lock on fob, wait 5 minutes, restart car. I did that and no fix. She also said that leaving the car overnight will reset things. Maybe tomorrow will bring a surprise?
    Hello flycaster,

As JoeGrapes stated the favorites can be raised or lowered by sliding up or down. Here is what the Infotainment manual states on page 13:

“Drag anywhere on the screen buttons along the bottom to raise up the favorites. To close the favorites, drag them down.”

Did this help? Or where you having a concern where the favorites were frozen there?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

OK guys, your how to move the favorites panel is correct, of course. Believe me, I've tried to remove the favorites panel from the navigation screen using the swipe down approach (BTW, the CUE help did suggest this, but to no avail) before posting for help, but it just doesn't work within the navigation screen. However, I can move the panel sideways, but not down. It does work with other screens, though. Unfortunately, just another CUE not ready for prime time goof. Haven't seen if the overnight resetting has worked as my wife got the car before I could look. Will see if there is any change later today and will report back...

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Flycaster, I found on my screen that there is only one spot that will work consistently and that is just above the little arrow in the bottom center of the screen. Anywhere else and it just cause problems with the selected screen or activates one of the other items that are available on that screen. The good news is that it looks like from the link on the other issue is that we are going to get an update in March. They also mentioned that they have received a lot of complaints about the lack of knobs. Not much chance of that being corrected though.

Inspector, that's the problem with my favorites panel in the navigation screen, swiping the little triangle up/down does nothing...the panel remains. Interestingly, the I don't mind the lack of knobs, rather like the clean appearance of the stack. Bring on the March update, if there really will be one that will be applied to our MY '13s.

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    Flycaster, I found on my screen that there is only one spot that will work consistently and that is just above the little arrow in the bottom center of the screen. Anywhere else and it just cause problems with the selected screen or activates one of the other items that are available on that screen. The good news is that it looks like from the link on the other issue is that we are going to get an update in March. They also mentioned that they have received a lot of complaints about the lack of knobs. Not much chance of that being corrected though.
    In a way you are right, Inspector. There is only one area on my screen that will allow one to swipe down and up the favorites without activating one of the other Navigation actions. Ant that is when swiping down (as the favorites are showing) between Zoom In and Reset. Swiping by the arrow, which is where one should really swipe if all is working correctly, will bring up a Destination screen...

I have the same issue but try it on a bumpy road and see how great it is! I feel like I'm throwing darts when I attempt to hit the one icon that I want.

First let's see if we really have the same problem with the favorites panel. My issue is that:
    1. Favorites panel automatically shows (even though it was not called up) only when in 3D navigation mode.
    2. It can not be swiped down when swiping from the swipe indicator.
    3. It can be swiped down only when swiped between Zoom In and Reset
    4. Favorites panel behaves as it should on all other screens

Now, Inspector, do we have the same issues and have you tried for any solutions from either your dealer or from the CUE help? As for me, I've told my SA about not being able to drop the panel in 3D and he said he'd check it out, but never got back to me. I then left him a message about having to swipe in a place other than the specified swipe place. I'm waiting to hear back from him. As for the CUE Help, just told them about not being able to swipe down the panel and they had no clue what to do. Haven't told them about the alternative swipe working, though.

Is this embarrassing, or are the computer (CUE) gremlins at work? Would you believe that all-of-a-sudden my 3D navigation screen is now behaving normally (viz., no favorites showing up when screen opens, can swipe up/down favorites from the swipe icon, navigation panel fades as it should). If my wife wasn't present to verify the initial problems with the navigation screen, then I wouldn't have had any proof that the screen was malfunctioning. Anyway, all is now well...

Just learned this...An update on the swipe

When in 3D nav and swipe up the Favorites bar, after 15-30 secs the Nav bar disappears (as it should), but the Fav bar doesn't. I was told by CUE folks that in this screen the Fav bar isn't supposed to recede on its own, it needs to be swiped down. However, as stated in the above posts, when you try to swipe down most of the time you activate one of the Nav icons. Although swiping between Reset and Zoom + does the job, you can place you finger on the Fav bar carrot and hold it there for a sec before swiping down and you won't initiate the nearby Nav icon. Bottom line is that if one holds their finger on an icon too long, that icon won't initiate.

Just think what a "Favorites" hard BUTTON could solve.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Re: Just learned this...An update on the swipe

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    When in 3D nav and swipe up the Favorites bar, after 15-30 secs the Nav bar disappears (as it should), but the Fav bar doesn't. I was told by CUE folks that in this screen the Fav bar isn't supposed to recede on its own, it needs to be swiped down. However, as stated in the above posts, when you try to swipe down most of the time you activate one of the Nav icons. Although swiping between Reset and Zoom + does the job, you can place you finger on the Fav bar carrot and hold it there for a sec before swiping down and you won't initiate the nearby Nav icon. Bottom line is that if one holds their finger on an icon too long, that icon won't initiate.
    I'm sorry, but I'm calling on the CUE people. In 3D mode on my 2013 MY NAV, the favorites recede and fade as they should until I bring my hand near the screen once again. I suggest a re-flashing or resetting of your CUE. This not normal. Don't let them tell you otherwise.

Re: Just learned this...An update on the swipe

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm calling on the CUE people. In 3D mode on my 2013 MY NAV, the favorites recede and fade as they should until I bring my hand near the screen once again. I suggest a re-flashing or resetting of your CUE. This not normal. Don't let them tell you otherwise.
    Hate to drag this out, but before I make an appointment with my dealer, I just want to make very sure that we are talking about the same process.
    1. Start in 3D Nav mode (Fav bar not showing)
    2. Swipe up the Fav's bar. While doing so, the Nav will probably also come up due to its "proximity" initiation. There should now be two bars on the bottom of the screen, Nav on top of Fav
    3. Wait around 30 secs (don't go near the screen) and what happens? Do both bars recede, or just the bottom Nav bar? I believe both should recede, but only my Nav bar does.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.