Pandora connection
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Pandora connection in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; My Cue Pandora connection is sporadic_sometimes it connects within seconds of starting car other times takes minutes, sometimes I have ...
    rhmichaels is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Pandora connection

My Cue Pandora connection is sporadic_sometimes it connects within seconds of starting car other times takes minutes, sometimes I have to pull over and restart Pandora even though I can see my phone is playing a song any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JP-ATS is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    No ideas on how to permanently fix, but you're not alone. This happens to me too. The only hint I think I've found is that the system behaves better after my phone has been recently power cycled. But maybe this is my wishful thinking.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Re: Pandora connection

Same issues here... worse if you have recently connected via Bluetooth and then cabled up (iPhone only)... never works then.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

It seems a bit more reliable since i switched from an iPhone 5 to a Moto X when it falters i switch sources away from and back to Pandora and it connects....but this change in phones even though it fixed some iPhone related issues such as this it introduced others.....if listening to Pandora and a phone call happens in or out when the call is concluded music resumes but through the phones speaker not the car audio.....now here's the weirdest part, i installed an app called "bluetooth file transfer" and now its perfect, i don't even use the app...audio hasn't mistakenly come from the phone once ....not one time! in the 2 weeks since i installed that app...its magical and mysterious but i'm happy, now Pandora is way more reliable and convenient than iPhone

PetrolHead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 Standard Red Obsession 6MT

My connection reliability is all over the place too. Many times, I need to launch the app on my phone, then toggle Media to bluetooth (it then plays through bluetooth) and then back to Pandora and it'll find it. It's a pain, but it always makes it connect properly.

I think it actually has to do with the Pandora app. On the latest update, when you launch the app, there's a pop-up telling me I can now wake up to Pandora (don't want to), and the only way to get the app to play is to tap the "continue to pandora" button. Since CUE just interfaces with the Pandora app on the phone, that pop-up is probably making CUE think there's something wrong since it launched the app, but can't get music to play. I've complained to Pandora about it, we'll see if they get rid of that stupid pop-up.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by rhmichaels View Post
    My Cue Pandora connection is sporadic_sometimes it connects within seconds of starting car other times takes minutes, sometimes I have to pull over and restart Pandora even though I can see my phone is playing a song any ideas?
    Hello rhmichaels,

I am sorry to hear that your Pandora connection is sporadic at time. I would suggest reaching out to our CUE Infotainment team at 855-428-3669 so they can document and look into this concern. They are open 8AM to 10PM EST, seven days a week if you would like to contact them. Please keep us updated if you have a chance to reach out to them.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

greyghost04 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by rhmichaels View Post
    Pandora on CUE is more an art than science. It works perfectly 90% of the time. Sometimes it won't connect unless I start Pandora on my phone, so I just go to XM.
    When it works though, it is great. I love the album cover being on CUE and on my dash screen. Sounds very high quality too.

justVUEit is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I think either teh CUE or the phone is getting confused. I noticed that when I can't get Pandora to connect thru the CUE that it appears to be instead in 'headphone mode' and will play via the 'Media' control on the radio.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.