CD won't eject $1200 later it's fixed - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CD won't eject $1200 later it's fixed in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I did not take the car into the dealership on Monday because the service agent said he would need to ...
    inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: CD won't eject $1200 later it's fixed

I did not take the car into the dealership on Monday because the service agent said he would need to talk it over with his infotainment people. He said he would call me back when he got an answer. This is Wednesday so I hope to hear from him today. I mentioned the info provided by one of our members about replacing the multifunction switch and not the C/D player and that puzzled them. If anyone has any further knowledge about this please send it to the forum so that I can pass it along. We have to remember that on this forum we are focused on our issues with CUE whereas a dealer is focused on all of the cars they sell and the many different issues they present. So we sometimes have knowledge that the local dealer has not discovered yet.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

radios and clusters are ordered as "exchange" units and are to be sent back if their warranty or not ... the core charges on these parts are usually 3x the cost of the exchange

it seems very suspicious that they would make you pay for a repair that didn't fix the problem though ... especially when the repair that does eventually fix the problem is clearly a warranty situation and was not caused by neglect/damage/etc
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    I did not take the car into the dealership on Monday because the service agent said he would need to talk it over with his infotainment people. He said he would call me back when he got an answer. This is Wednesday so I hope to hear from him today. I mentioned the info provided by one of our members about replacing the multifunction switch and not the C/D player and that puzzled them. If anyone has any further knowledge about this please send it to the forum so that I can pass it along. We have to remember that on this forum we are focused on our issues with CUE whereas a dealer is focused on all of the cars they sell and the many different issues they present. So we sometimes have knowledge that the local dealer has not discovered yet.
    Hi inspectorudy,

I’m sorry to hear that your appointment has been pushed back. Please keep us informed of any new developments. As always, feel free to PM me if you would like some additional assistance while working with the dealership.

Enjoy your evening,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

You have every right to have the old cd/dvd player returned to YOU; not the dealership unless it was by YOUR permission. If it were me, I'd demand the return of the replaced part since it was unauthorized by you for them to return it to GM. They can only do this (keep the unit) if it were replaced under warranty; since YOU paid for it, it is your unit. Otherwise, it should be treated as replaced under warranty and your money returned to you. We have additional laws in Ohio to protect consumers from just such occurrences. My guess: They kept the unit; nothing is wrong with it and they will repackage and resell. Worse yet, they could have sent it back to GM and gotten credit for it.
    inspectorudy likes this.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Technically they didn't pay for the unit... they paid for the exchange unit ... the cost of the unit includes the exchange price PLUS the core

i wouldn't be surprised if that was not communicated properly by the dealership to the customer but that doesn't change the fact that the actual cost of the radio is way more than they were charged (for the exchange)

and as i said the other day, it does totally sound fishy that they would claim neglect/damage but then their repair doesn't fix the issue (so was there any neglect/damage?) and then the actual repair is an inexpensive switch ...

i suggest you talk with the service manage, and then work your way up from there
    georule likes this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

After calling my dealer last week and telling them the problem I was having with my CD player and the comment from this forum that the multifunction switch was the problem not the player itself, I took it in this morning. After a two hour visit the very nice service agent told me that, wait for it..............it was the switch and not the player. He said they should have a NEW switch in about a week and he would call me. It would seem to me that a new switch should not be a week away from any US city since I can order almost anything from Amazon and get it within two days max.

My wife took her SRX in today and got the CD switch replaced and all is fine. She did have a nice conversation with two gentlemen waiting on the cars also. They talked for about 30 minutes and finally their cars came up. They all loved their cars, SRX,"ATS and an XTS. Guess what? They all hated CUE!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.