'14ATS - CUE Favorites disappear, screen flashes, center cluster freezes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, '14ATS - CUE Favorites disappear, screen flashes, center cluster freezes in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; My 2014 ATS 2.0T is having more CUE woes. A week after buying the car in October I had the ...
    AJRK is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd

'14ATS - CUE Favorites disappear, screen flashes, center cluster freezes

My 2014 ATS 2.0T is having more CUE woes.

A week after buying the car in October I had the complete blackout which eventually got fixed but last week it started something new. It would seem like the satellite radio lost service, the favorites disappear and everything would freeze for several seconds, up to minutes. Can't change media, climate or anything. Then, the bottom half climate screen will flash and everything will return to normal.

Also, a few times on start up the center cluster will read "audio off" and won't change screens while the CUE screen doesn't load but "glows" and the steering wheel buttons either don't turn on, or are so bright they are blinding at night. After about 5 minutes, it will kick on and start up with the other issue.

I thought this was temperature related at first since it started to dip to freezing temperatures at night but come on it's Southern California!

Does anyone have any similar experience with this?? The car is currently at the dealer who can't duplicate the issue.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

XTSowner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Re: '14ATS - CUE Favorites disappear, screen flashes, center cluster freezes

AJRK, I suggest that you see the thread that I opened entitled "Disappearing CUE Favorites".

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by AJRK View Post

A week after buying the car in October I had the complete blackout which eventually got fixed but last week it started something new. It would seem like the satellite radio lost service, the favorites disappear and everything would freeze for several seconds, up to minutes. Can't change media, climate or anything. Then, the bottom half climate screen will flash and everything will return to normal.

Also, a few times on start up the center cluster will read "audio off" and won't change screens while the CUE screen doesn't load but "glows" and the steering wheel buttons either don't turn on, or are so bright they are blinding at night. After about 5 minutes, it will kick on and start up with the other issue.

I thought this was temperature related at first since it started to dip to freezing temperatures at night but come on it's Southern California!

Does anyone have any similar experience with this?? The car is currently at the dealer who can't duplicate the issue.
    Hello AJRK,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these concerns with your CUE in your ATS. I would suggest reaching out to the CUE Infotainment team as well at 855-428-3669 to make them aware of the concern so that they can document it. They are open 8AM to 10PM EST, seven days a week if you would like to reach out to them. Please keep us updated if you do reach out to them.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Hey, you guys with disappearing favorites be sure to let the CUE desk know about it. I just spoke with them and they haven't heard anything about this issue. Cadillac doesn't inform them of any CUE malfunctions. However, the CUE folks do let Cadillac know about the problems...so if you don't call CUE, then there will be less pressure on Cadillac to fix things.
    georule likes this.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I thought that both GM and the CUE team monitored this website. Silly me.

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    Inspector, you could be right. I'm just reporting what the CUE guy told me.

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    Hello inspectorudy,

The CUE team doesn’t monitor this website, so the best way to reach out to the CUE team is by their phone at 855-428-3669 to make them aware of the concern so that they can document it. They are open 8AM to 10PM EST, seven days a week. Laura and I do document the concerns we see on the forum in our database and pass them along to another group within our organization as well.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

off1c3r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance AWD

Out of curiosity, did you have a USB drive or SD card inserted when this issue started?

AJRK is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd
    Good question. I keep the USB cord to my iPhone in my center console and usually don't have it plugged in.
    The car has been at the dealer for 10 days now and they've had it duplicate the issue a few times so I'd say no on the USB.

Today is day 22 I've been without the car since taking delivery 9/30

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quote Originally Posted by off1c3r View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you have a USB drive or SD card inserted when this issue started?
    8GB Sandisk Ultra 30MB/s - 10

Good question. I keep the USB cord to my iPhone in my center console and usually don't have it plugged in.
    The car has been at the dealer for 10 days now and they've had it duplicate the issue a few times so I'd say no on the USB.

Today is day 22 I've been without the car since taking delivery 9/30

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Hello AJRK,

I understand how it can be frustrating to have your vehicle at the dealer for an extended amount of time. If you would like to further discuss your situation, please send me a private message. Include your full contact information, VIN and dealer name and location.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

atsguy2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS AWD Premium

did you get resolution? I took delivery of a '14 Monday. Before the sales guy was finished giving the tour the exact same thing happened. The entire system essentially freezes up. We restarted the car several times and after a few seconds to few minutes - it would all freeze up again. Needless to say, the car is still there. I would have them just give me another but they don't currently have stock of anything similar. I am driving a '13 equiv for now.

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello inspectorudy,

The CUE team doesn’t monitor this website, so the best way to reach out to the CUE team is by their phone at 855-428-3669 to make them aware of the concern so that they can document it. They are open 8AM to 10PM EST, seven days a week. Laura and I do document the concerns we see on the forum in our database and pass them along to another group within our organization as well.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Gregory, I think it would be a big help to Cadillac and its CUE users to have someone from the CUE team read this web site so they can see first hand the problems we are having. What do you think of this idea?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffpaletz View Post
    Gregory, I think it would be a big help to Cadillac and its CUE users to have someone from the CUE team read this web site so they can see first hand the problems we are having. What do you think of this idea?
    I agree. I tried calling but they are closed today (so much for 7 days a week!)

So calling them for me was a waste of time. She can document the issue and then told me to take it to the dealer (which is already done). She admitted there isn't any value added that she can provide other than being a message to the dealer. She would not provide the dealer any info other than I called. Waste. I guess I was hoping that the issue would be logged and some sort of action sent to engineering to show common themes of problems. Anyway...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.