Annoyed with Pandora
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By reciprocity
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Annoyed with Pandora in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Just got my Cadillac ATS and was thrilled with Pandora integration. However, the way it works makes it more hassle ...
    babaganoush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Luxury

Annoyed with Pandora

Just got my Cadillac ATS and was thrilled with Pandora integration. However, the way it works makes it more hassle than it's worth.

I have an iPhone 5S running the latest version of iOS 7. I get a USB connection is needed. That's annoying but not as bad as the next part.

Every time I start Pandora from CUE, the iPhone asks me if I should allow this connection. That means I have to unlock my phone and click allow, every single time. I don't want to have to do this while driving, or even while stopped. It should just start playing. I might as well just start Pandora on my phone and play via bluetooth. At least I wouldn't have to have it connected via USB.

I get this may be the iPhone's problem and not CUE, but still renders the app a real hassle to use. Does Android require this permission every time? I understand Androids don't require the USB connection to work either.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

Re: Annoyed with Pandora

I've stopped using Pandora as I didn't want to spend the money on a more expensive data plan (I already have an XM subscription and a phone full of iTunes music), but when I tested it a couple months ago with the first version of iOS 7 on my iPhone 5, I only had to unlock the phone and "trust" the connection to CUE once, not every time. I'm not sure what triggered it to ask again, but it was rare enough that it wasn't too annoying or inconvenient.

The first thing I'd try is restarting your phone. Sometimes that helps solve flaky things like this. You might try running all your iOS updates, updating the Pandora app (if necessary), then restarting your phone. If that doesn't make any difference, then try temporarily turning off your passcode to see if taking that out of the equation makes any difference in how often you're asked to "trust" the car.

Also, I did a quick search and it appears some people have solved this issue (plugging into computers and other devices) by going to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings. That's supposed to reset the settings (ringtone, Wi-Fi settings, etc.), not erase any of your personal data, so it might be worth a shot. It sounds like it's also possible this can be caused by using a non-Apple Lightning cable, a case that keeps the cable from seating completely, or leaving Personal Hotspot turned on.

BTW, if you don't know already, the reason iOS 7 asks you if you trust a device is to solve a proof of concept where a charger is actually a malicious computer (Forbes article) trying to hack into the data on your phone. The added security is likely worth the hassle. My guess is any bugs in the new "trust this device" feature will get worked out as subsequent iOS updates are released. I'm not sure if Google has addressed this security issue with Android, but I doubt it given their track record with malware and security issues.

Good luck. If you figure out what solves the problem, please be sure to post something here.

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

P.S. I tried it again and you're absolutely right. It asks permission every time now. How annoying! You might leave feedback for Pandora. I don't know if this is a behavior they could change for their app individually or if it's an overall iOS issue.

Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

iTunes Radio, connect over bluetooth, use Siri to "tune" into the stations, problem solved...

Jhduca is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None yet. Wanting v-sport
    You have to start the pandora on the iPhone before you connect to the USB, then it's painless. The CUE cannot start the app. At least that's what my owners manual states....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.