How does the Pandora app work on CUE?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pissedoffwookiee
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, How does the Pandora app work on CUE? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Okay, we have an 2013 ATS Base Model with CUE without Navigation. It has the "Pandora" app and a "snowflake" ...
    CBaker007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

How does the Pandora app work on CUE?

Okay, we have an 2013 ATS Base Model with CUE without Navigation. It has the "Pandora" app and a "snowflake" for climate controls (I think this means the new flavor of the software based on other posts).

How should the Pandora app work? Does it work for anyone?

I have an Android phone. When I press the "Pandora" app on the CUE system, its says "no internet connection" or something similar. I called the CUE support number and they told me to change the media to "Bluetooth" and use the app on the phone. They said that is how it is suppose to work. They said the Pandora icon doesn't do anything. (WOW ... was BS that was ... couldn't stop laughing, really.)

So, I am able to switch my media to "Bluetooth" and play Pandora from my phone thru the speakers (sort of a pass-thru). I can also play my extensive library of songs using my Google Play Music app (which sync's all my purchased music, regardless of where I purchased it from, via my home PC to the Google cloud drive) using this pass-thru method.

But I can't control Pandora thru the interface like "play more than a feeling", nor does anything show on the screen (song info, etc). For example, nothing like this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1wyIrLZdCo

Does anyone have the Pandora app working (not via "pass thru")? If so, what phone? Anyone with an Android, if so what model?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Re: How does the Pandora app work on CUE?

with android its supposed to link via bluetooth, you probably have some permission/ security setting in the phone blocking it. try deleting the phone from the car and the car from the phone, once both car and phone are clean and do not know each other, re-pair your phone but this time pay attention to your phones notifications, it will ask you if its ok for the car to access it and your contacts, say yes to everything in the phone and it should stop blocking pandora, then next time you touch the pandora app in CUE it should either work or fire up pandora on the phone and pandora may ask you again if its ok for the car to access it, phone must be unlocked when it starts

Iphone must be tethered using the charging cable that came with the phone, when you touch pandora in CUE Pandora in phone asks to allow access, again phone must be unlocked when it starts
    georule likes this.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    There is also an option in the Pandora app to allow control from another device, or something like that. Pandora will go into an accessory mode when it's working correctly (the screen for Pandora on your phone will list that).

To add to your phone/what model question I've used Pandora in accessory mode on the Galaxy Nexus, the Nexus 4 & now the Nexus 5.
    It also works on my wife's old Samsung Droid Charge.
    Being that the case that covers almost all versions of Android from 2.3, & 4.1-4.4.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

As i have mentioned on another thread, the iPhone (with IOS7)now functions differently (it actually does not function at all for me when cabled and the Pandora QUE app is useless. I now just use pass thru with bluetooth for everything, gave up trying to make the substandard tech work.

kajeki is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks gentlemen! Kind of weird they even put an app on the screen when it needs the phone to work... PS - I used Samsung's new Milk Music service and it worked really nicely through the bluetooth media controller. I guess other music apps like Spotify or Beats or Google Play should work well too.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by pkadanec View Post
    As i have mentioned on another thread, the iPhone (with IOS7)now functions differently (it actually does not function at all for me when cabled and the Pandora QUE app is useless. I now just use pass thru with bluetooth for everything, gave up trying to make the substandard tech work.
    I have IOS7, and have no problem with accessing my Pandora on screen. It functions perfectly with album art, browsing, etc. There must be other issues at work for you not to be able to see it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.