What CUE software do you have?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hoosier Daddy
  • 1 Post By CBaker007
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, What CUE software do you have? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I am curious what software version everyone has on their CUE system. I called CUE support and their response was ...
    CBaker007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

What CUE software do you have?

I am curious what software version everyone has on their CUE system. I called CUE support and their response was that everyone has the same software but I question that. How do I know if you won't give me a version I should have so I can verify it...

I have:
    2013 Cadiallac ATS Base Model - CUE without Navigation - Software 23150271, Gracenote 22993544

What do you have? (FYI - Snap a pict so you have the numbers.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Russianhaxor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac ATS 2.0T Premium

Re: What CUE software do you have?

I'll report when I get my car back this afternoon. Brought my car in for a few CUE issues and they ended up replacing the whole damn thing.

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

Everyone does NOT have the same version of CUE. (There have been updates available for installation by dealers.)

You might call the service department at your dealer with your VIN and ask them to research which version of CUE is the latest. They'd likely to be able to research it and let you know if there's an update available.

I get that their might be different versions of software, but this is directly opposite of what CUE support said. They said everyone has the same version. They also said updates are sent out via OnStar. I guess I am just curious what versions people have. I would think that everyone with a 2013 ATS without Navigation for example should have the same version. And if mine is significant less than others, then maybe that is why I can't even get CUE functions others seem to be able to use to work.

At some point, there is a "current version", period. My dealer seems clueless. The CUE support line says my car is up to date without even knowing what version my system has, saying "all systems have the same software updated by OnStar". So when I can't use Pandora, my wife can't even get the system to dial anything on her phone by saying the numbers (CUE basically won't recognize her voice), and neither of us can dial via name, it would be nice to know for sure we have the latest software before I ask the dealer to either get the basic CUE functions to work in some way or take the car back. My Chevy without CUE allows me to store name/number combinations and voice dial by name. Simple but it works. My wife not being able to voice dial in some way entirely defeats the main reason we spent $35,000 and in particular spent $3,000 more to get the CUE system.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by CBaker007 View Post
    I get that their might be different versions of software, but this is directly opposite of what CUE support said. They said everyone has the same version. They also said updates are sent out via OnStar. I guess I am just curious what versions people have. I would think that everyone with a 2013 ATS without Navigation for example should have the same version. And if mine is significant less than others, then maybe that is why I can't even get CUE functions others seem to be able to use to work.

At some point, there is a "current version", period. My dealer seems clueless. The CUE support line says my car is up to date without even knowing what version my system has, saying "all systems have the same software updated by OnStar". So when I can't use Pandora, my wife can't even get the system to dial anything on her phone by saying the numbers (CUE basically won't recognize her voice), and neither of us can dial via name, it would be nice to know for sure we have the latest software before I ask the dealer to either get the basic CUE functions to work in some way or take the car back. My Chevy without CUE allows me to store name/number combinations and voice dial by name. Simple but it works. My wife not being able to voice dial in some way entirely defeats the main reason we spent $35,000 and in particular spent $3,000 more to get the CUE system.
    I'm not understanding the $3000 more to get CUE. CUE is standard in all collections but the Standard and is a $1,350 option on the Standard which also includes the uplevel audio package. And if you have a 2013 you got an (easily sold for) $500 iPad with it. So basically for 2013, CUE only cost around $500-$600 since not many people paid MSRP for the car or options. For 2014, CUE cost approx $1000-$1100. But considering all the problems, many people don't believe its worth even that. It all depends on how tolerant you are of glitches, erratic behavior, etc.. But I digress.

I find it VERY hard to believe that CUE gets updated via On-Star without owner authorization. GM rolled out an adaptive headlight update via OnStar and owners had to positively respond to an authorization email before that would happen. Cadillac has way too many lawyers to let them secretly alter YOUR property. Did the rep check to see if you even have OnStar? It can be cancelled within the 1 year included service. Not to mention that some ATSs were purchased more than 12 months ago. Not to mention that some cars may be parked where OnStar can't get a signal. Any update has to be done when the car is parked.
    rustybear3 likes this.

While you might have been able to get your car with the specific options you wanted, the only 2013 available for 200 miles in the color we wanted had other items, totaling over $3000 above the base model our dealer had. Since the 2014's were out, if we wanted the rebate on the 2013s, we had to take what was on the lots. Additionally, while you might have gotten an iPad with your purchase, not everyone did. We did not. So while your experiences might be one thing, not everyone else has the same experience. We paid over $3,000 to get CUE on our ATS.

Again, if your dealership was clueless (mine took 4 hrs to program 2 remotes with remote start that I had to tell them even existed) and if you were to call the CUE tech support and they told you every CUE system has the same software updated via OnStar, then you understand why I am asking what software others have. Isn't that the role of these forums, to ask for other's experiences?
    r34220 likes this.

Johnfran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Premium

image.jpg

Picked up 2014 XTS premium with driver assist on 10/31/13 and these are the software version I have

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.