CUE screen goes black
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE screen goes black in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a new 2014 SRX and am experiencing the same black screen those in the ATS tech forum are ...
    Janeiowa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2014. AWD

Exclamation CUE screen goes black

I have a new 2014 SRX and am experiencing the same black screen those in the ATS tech forum are describing. It's going back to the dealer for the second time tomorrow. They have a service bulletin on it, but reprogramming the Human Interface Module did not fix the problem.

I'm new here and trying to find the best place to post this problem. I did add it there in the ATS forum since I hadn't found this forum yet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

inspectorudy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: CUE screen goes black

Sorry to hear of your problem with your new SRX. I haven't had the black screen yet but just recently experienced a no response screen for a few moments when trying to enter an address. My CUE system is starting to remind me of the first smart phones and the problems they had when new. Maybe there will be the "Big" fix that will cure a lot of these problems. On the positive side I haven't had any problems with the center controls.

It's back in the dealer's shop. Service Manager said that maybe GM had some more suggestions since I was there some week or two ago. From the reports on the various discussions, I know I'm not alone.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Janeiowa View Post
    I have a new 2014 SRX and am experiencing the same black screen those in the ATS tech forum are describing. It's going back to the dealer for the second time tomorrow. They have a service bulletin on it, but reprogramming the Human Interface Module did not fix the problem.

I'm new here and trying to find the best place to post this problem. I did add it there in the ATS forum since I hadn't found this forum yet.
    Hello Janeiowa,

Welcome to Cadillac Owners and congratulations on your recent purchase of a '14 SRX! We are glad to have you part of our community. I apologize you are experiencing a malfunction with your CUE screen. I see you are already working with your dealer to help resolve this concern. If you would like to further discuss your situation with us and have our involvement while working with the dealer, we are here to assist. Send us a private message or email to socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thank you, Laura. The Dealership just called, and they've removed the CUE system from the SRX and are awaiting a new one to be sent to them. They hope to have it all put back together by Friday. They'll call me when I can take their loaner back and get my car. I'm hoping this will fix the problem. Until then, I'm driving a Chevy!

Thank you, Laura. The Dealership just called, and they've removed the CUE system from the SRX and are awaiting a new one to be sent to them. They hope to have it all put back together by Friday. They'll call me when I can take their loaner back and get my car. I'm hoping this will fix the problem. Until then, I'm driving a Chevy!
    Hello Janeiowa,

You are welcome. I hope this will help resolve your concerns as well. Please keep me updated after you hear back from your dealer again.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Laura....after a week at the dealership where they finally received the new CUE and installed it, I have my SRX back. I've only had it one day, but so far, so good. I'm hoping the blackout of the CUE system has resolved.

Laura....after a week at the dealership where they finally received the new CUE and installed it, I have my SRX back. I've only had it one day, but so far, so good. I'm hoping the blackout of the CUE system has resolved.
    Hello Janeiowa,

I am glad to hear that your dealership was able to address the concern you were experiencing with the CUE screen. I hope that you don’t experience the issue again as well. Please feel free to reach out to Laura or myself if you do experience the concern again. Thank you very much for keeping us updated!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

rick1e is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I had tinted window material installed today on my front windshield. Afterwards, the CUE display flickered, then went black. The tech who installed the tint said that they use water to get it to adhere to the windshield and that some water may have gotten on the display. I expect to have the display either dried out or replaced at the expense of the tint shop.

Thought this experience might be helpful to someone else.

I hope that solves your problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.