CUE Voice Recognition
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Voice Recognition in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Anybody care to share some tips/tricks/experiences with this? I'm getting more comfortable and successful with it so far as playing ...
    georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

CUE Voice Recognition

Anybody care to share some tips/tricks/experiences with this?

I'm getting more comfortable and successful with it so far as playing my music anyway.

Trying to use it for destination addresses for navigation is still total FAIL for me tho. Anyone else gotten address recognition to work well?

How do you handle street numbers? For instance "11210 Main St".

Should you say, "eleven two ten Main street" or "eleven thousand two hundred and ten Main street" or "One one two one zero Main street"?

If it was on 164th Street instead? "Hundred sixty fourth street" or "one sixty fourth street" or "one six four street"?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: CUE Voice Recognition

I will tell you that it is much easier to push the OnStar button and tell a human the address you desire and they will download it to your NAV in about one minute. In the meantime you will be fighting and cursing the CUE system trying to get the street name or number correct at which time you will not be paying attention to your driving. I know I know, you paid for the voice recognition system and you want it to work. Everyone does but it isn't worth the effort in its present format and the frustration level is too great to ignore while driving. I wish one of you would have a passenger while sitting in the front passenger seat try to enter a city, street name and number while the car is moving and let me know how you made out. My wife simply cannot , from that side make any of the upper right hand buttons work correctly. If she wants to erase one digit or letter the entire entry is erased. When the street name is finally inserted many times it will say no street found. I have a Pioneer unit in my truck that is completely intuitive with city, street name and number on three separate lines. You can enter any line first or use "History" for the city. There is no confusion when the street name is long or multi-named. The CUE Nav will assume that you are entering a new city if the street name does not fit the format that they built in to the system. I am sorry that I get hooked on this mess but I simply cannot understand why they didn't try out some of the existing systems that have been around for many years before they built this thing.

its

I've gotten it to work fine for music/radio, finally. Haven't really tried with phone. It'd be nice to have Climate commands. Fan down/up, temp down/up. Defrosters on/off. Seat heaters on/off (at least the driver's side).

But, y'know, I completely forgot about being able to use OnStar to do that for navigation. I think I'll give that a try. Thanks for reminding me.

And, yes, my wife has trouble too doing navigation from the passenger seat with the on-screen keyboard if the vehicle is in motion.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Maybe we need to petition our city governments to establish CUE lanes. These would be similar to bike lanes except for Cadillac users to stop and try to get CUE to work without endangering others on the road.
    bmcleod likes this.

CBaker007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Not sure it will help since I don't have nav and am new to the CUE system (just got our ATS), but the underlying Bluetooth and voice recognition system seems to be the same as the system on my Chevy. The voice dialing seems exactly the same. One the non-CUE system in the ATS, it functions exactly the same.

I use my Chevy's system to voice dial numbers all the time. My experience is to say the numbers one at a time as clear as possible and without any pause "one two three four" (taking 2-3 seconds) not "one ... two ... three ... four ..." (taking 4-6 seconds). My Chevy experience is the pause will be taken as a break between what you want to do. So I actually think about the number before I push the button so I am saying it the way I want. Pausing after voice recognition starts seems to cause failures in my experience. I would think the CUE is the same, but I should know more in a few days as I get to play with our new CUE system more.

georule, How do you start the commands for the HVAC system adjustments? Do you use the DIC voice command menu or just blurt out "Temp up/down" etc?

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    georule, How do you start the commands for the HVAC system adjustments? Do you use the DIC voice command menu or just blurt out "Temp up/down" etc?
    Not available.
    I recall at release time they stated they didn't include HVAC functions by voice.

Yes, the environment commands are a "want", not a "have".

I re-read your statement and it was my misreading of it and not you claiming that HVAC was adjustable via CUE.

etexlady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Luxury SRX Crystal Red Tintcoat

OK, glad I'm not alone in not being able to get the voice recognition lady to understand me. I know I have an east Texas drawl but, come on, it's not that bad. I have had my 2014 SRX luxury for a little over two weeks and I have yet to get a correct response from voice recognition. It will not change songs, artists, playlists or change channels. It will not find a county road, farm to market road, or many streets. I have been able to manually enter a street address and it correctly took me to that address. But today I spent 15 minutes trying to manually enter a county road address and when it could not find it that way, I tried speaking the address. How does the address "185 County Road 2210" sound like "8931 Jade"???? The system is just making stuff up to frustrate me. Is there a special secret trick to making it work?

We have a CUE game that we all do when there is more than three people in the car. We have each person ask CUE a question and then see who gets the most ridiculous answer. The one that gets the silliest response gets a free round.

JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

While I have had my frustrating voice guidance experiences with CUE some times it works great. I just tried two address by voice command with CUE and they worked great. I spoke in a normal voice just as I would if I were talking to a person and said "three forty six (slight pause) daniel drive (slight pause) north tonawanda (slight pause) new york" and "five hundered (slight pause) orchard place (slight pause) north tonawanda (slight pause) new york. Try talking to CUE just as you would to a human.

r34220 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

I gave up on CUE voice Recognition a long time ago. Its not worth the frustration trying to get it to work.

I wish that we had the option of doing away with the first grade school teacher mentality of CUEtee's voice. If we could just press the voice button and then say dial "750 AM" or "Call home" without the questions being asked before and after everything we say. It isn't life or death for pete's sake so why make a challenge of every command? Why can SIRI understand us so well and CUE doesn't get it? Basically Cadillac has said that we have to learn how to speak to our cars instead of them making the car understand us.
    bmcleod likes this.

jreihsen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

Rudy
    We are now a year in with our ATS. With the exception of POIs, the voice commands work 80% or better for me. My wife, not so much. She is short (the car looks empty when she drives) and the ceiling mounted mic is just too far away. That goes for bluetooth calls too. She just can't used any kind of voice.

But, like your experience, trying to use voice commands to search navigation is comically bad. Worse, the one time it got the right business name right (Krispy Kreme when we were in Albuquerque), it gave me directions to go Merana Arizona. And we were in the KK parking lot. Maybe it was because the PGA was having the match play tournament that weekend. Anyway, my solution was to use the phone app and send it to the car. Now we just use the POI voice commands for comic relief since out of dozens of tries, it has never, Never, NEVER, not even once been correct.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.