text message?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, text message? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; My android smart phone works well with CUE when I get and make calls. I saw a reference to text ...
    JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

text message?

My android smart phone works well with CUE when I get and make calls. I saw a reference to text messages on this forum. When my phone gets a text message nothing happens in CUE. Is there a way to get the message to show up on the CUE screen? Or is this a option I don't have?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: text message?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrapes View Post
    My android smart phone works well with CUE when I get and make calls. I saw a reference to text messages on this forum. When my phone gets a text message nothing happens in CUE. Is there a way to get the message to show up on the CUE screen? Or is this a option I don't have?
    Hello JoeGrapes,

I would suggest reaching out to the CUE Infotainment team to see if this is an available option and. If you would like to reach out to them, they are open 8AM to 10PM EST, seven days a weeks and their number is 855-428-3669. I hope this information helps! Please keep us updated if you are able to find out how to do this.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrapes View Post
    FYI: Windows phones work seamlessly with CUE to announce, read and dictate text responses.

If you don't want to switch phones (I assume), I understand there are apps for Android phones that can do this. I don't know which ones, just recall someone posting that.

Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

Just get an app that can read text messages through bluetooth, like a Siri clone for Android. I just say "Siri, read me my latest text message"

ATS272 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    FYI: Windows phones work seamlessly with CUE to announce, read and dictate text responses.

If you don't want to switch phones (I assume), I understand there are apps for Android phones that can do this. I don't know which ones, just recall someone posting that.
    Someone else with a Windows Phone?!?! O_o For the record, my 928 paired flawlessly with CUE (and also in my pre-ATS 09 328 w/iDrive where Android had troubles with the contacts).

suzesq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 srx

No matter what phone you have text messages should be automatically read aloud when they come in with the ability to voice respond.

Quote Originally Posted by suzesq View Post
    No matter what phone you have text messages should be automatically read aloud when they come in with the ability to voice respond.
    Absolutely. I don't know why some phones don't. Cadillac and the various phone OS people should have made sure both of their respective acts were in order.

babaganoush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Luxury

I called the CUE number posted above and spoke to a representative because I too noticed text messages were not displaying.

I just got a '14 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Luxury.

I was told not all Cadillacs have this feature, even if mentioned in the manual. She said if there is no "Text" app icon in the CUE screen, then I don't have the feature and they don't know if I ever will.

Kind of disappointing not to have considering this is a brand new Caddy with CUE and Navigation.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by babaganoush View Post
    I called the CUE number posted above and spoke to a representative because I too noticed text messages were not displaying.

I just got a '14 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Luxury.

I was told not all Cadillacs have this feature, even if mentioned in the manual. She said if there is no "Text" app icon in the CUE screen, then I don't have the feature and they don't know if I ever will.

Kind of disappointing not to have considering this is a brand new Caddy with CUE and Navigation.
    Hello babaganoush,

I apologize that you may not have this feature on your ATS. I will definitely document your feedback and forward it to the correct team within our organization. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your experience.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

HawksFan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS V-sport; 2012 SRX

Does anyone know if the Cue software can or will be upgraded to read text messages? I bought a 2014 XTS V-sport a month ago and the salesman led me to believe that it would read texts, but there is no "Text" icon in the Cue screen.

I love the car, but would really appreciate this feature. To my tech-neanderthal brain it seems that if one model's Cue handles this than every model's Cue should be able to do so.

babaganoush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello babaganoush,

I apologize that you may not have this feature on your ATS. I will definitely document your feedback and forward it to the correct team within our organization. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your experience.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thanks for your response. Here's hoping a software update will address.

suzesq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 srx

Do not hold your breath. When CUE was announced several years ago at the CES they did videos showing text capability. Several years later nothing.

metalcoat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac ATS

I too bought a 14 3.6l premium in June and my father has an 13 xts and neither cars have this feature. My 14 has all the options (except metallic paint, I hate that paint)

Quote Originally Posted by suzesq View Post
    Do not hold your breath. When CUE was announced several years ago at the CES they did videos showing text capability. Several years later nothing.
    FYI, CUE (at least in the ATS) has no problem announcing and reading text messages and even letting you dictate a response, all over bluetooth. But apparently, only some phones can do that. If its really a total deal breaker for anyone, be aware you could change phones rather than selling the car.

scsgoal31 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Manual - Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    FYI, CUE (at least in the ATS) has no problem announcing and reading text messages and even letting you dictate a response, all over bluetooth. But apparently, only some phones can do that. If its really a total deal breaker for anyone, be aware you could change phones rather than selling the car.
    That's because it isn't CUE that is reading your text and taking dictation. The Windows Phone OS will allow you to do this over ANY bluetooth connection. All CUE is doing is allowing the WP OS to speak and then listen through the bluetooth connection.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.