Additional features CUE ought to have and speculation for GM
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Additional features CUE ought to have and speculation for GM in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; After living with CUE for a year on my 2013 ATS (Premium), there a bunch of features that I'm amazed ...
    roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Additional features CUE ought to have and speculation for GM

After living with CUE for a year on my 2013 ATS (Premium), there a bunch of features that I'm amazed GM didn't put them in there from day 1 or in an update and others I think are minor and nearly unnecessary but I have my reasons for putting them on this list. I'm going to list mine here, but everyone else feel free to add your own.

(Also, this is long)

Also, I speculate that as Buick and Chevrolet are now getting their own software/touchscreens that in reality the systems run on the same architecture - this would make sense as Delphi does a lot of the code and heavy design - and when one system gets a major overhaul, they all should. The interface may be slightly different with different graphics, but I'd bet the architecture is similar or even identical. If so, a lot of these options could be implemented not just on Cadillac CUE cars, but Chevrolets and Buicks as well. If GM/Delphi is smart, they'll re-use as much code as possible.

I'm also going to say my CUE has never spontaneously reset, restarted, or had any major faults - but I do want the performance improvements of the 2014s.

Anyway...

1) I should be able to press (and hold) the unlock button for 3-5 seconds on the keyfob and roll down the windows - and the same for the lock button and rolling them up. BMW offers the ability to enable this feature, and I see NO reason GM can't implement it in the vehicle settings sub menu. It'd be a software based change, and much appreciated. Heck, GM could have a pop-up disclaimer when you activate the feature if they are worried someone's hand would get pinched in a closing window (though that is why the motors have over-current protection already). This feature should be implemented in pretty much every Cadilllac with CUE.

2) The auto-high beam last minute deletion for 2013 is software only. The 2014's have it and the part numbers are the same. If you send a certain individual your windshield mounted module, he will program it to enable to the auto-high beams on a 2013. Just implement the feature on all ATSs and be done with it.

3) GM's "auto" climate control systems (since the 90s) love turning on the defroster when you start the car. I'd like to add that I actually like the CUE HVAC and I pretty much never touch it after I start the car - but GM could put in the settings window for default climate control settings based on current conditions (precipitation on windshield + temperature under X = defroster, temperature under X automatically turns on heated seats, etc). Make it so the user has to select it from settings - "cold weather default" "warm weather default" sort of thing. I only turn on the AC if it's really over 80 out unless the car is sitting in the sun (see my first point about windows) but it'd be nice to have me able to set that as well. This would work even better for users with remote start. This feature should be implemented in pretty much every Cadilllac with CUE.

4) Fuel Used on DIC. I like having a trip meter, but sometimes I want to check actual gallons consumed and not the mpg + trip meter to try and back calculate it. Put it on all CUE cars. I bet it's already in the system, just not displayed.

5) Vac/Boost on the DIC. I don't know how often the DIC polls the J1939 network, but the pre-production press cars showed boost - with Cadillac now supporting boosted engines across the board, this is sort of important in my mind. Now I'd prefer it to be a separate analog gauge (or digital on the CTS/XTS turbo with LCD cluster) but that's possible by putting a small "analog" gauge on the digital area of the DIC on the ATS/CTS. I'd say put this on all boosted cars (or all cars, just some only read vacuum).

6) The ability to control the CUE start up "Welcome to the Car!" sound. It didn't have it before I got my CUE updated, and while I got used to it, it's jarring to people that have never ridden in my car or first thing in the morning, especially if I had the radio up the previous day on the ride home. Can we turn that down? Turn it off? Something via the settings menu?

7) Greater granularity and/or greater difference on the dash dimmer. The dash (at night) on maximum is shockingly bright. I leave it on the lowest setting at all times, and often even that is too bright for me with the cluster and CUE screen. I do a lot of late night driving in the country, and being able to pretty much turn the cluster and screen "off" is good. My 1998 Grand Prix with HUD did this, and I have HUD on my ATS as well. A friend's Saab does too - it just blacks everything out (and whats on is only red illumination anyway). Heck, I even modified the dimmer on one of my older cars to do this. Call it whatever you want - put it in settings so you adjust the min-max or have it when it goes "all the way" it goes to "night mode". Or put "night mode" as a button in settings or via the DIC. I'd say put this on all CUE cars - but if you wanted it to "only turn red" on V and VSport cars I could see making it a unique feature, much like the "VXR" button on the European Opels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: Additional features CUE ought to have and speculation for GM

#3 should have been already in the ATS

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

1. I would add auto mirror retract when the engine is off and the FOB is removed from the car.
    2. I would like one icon that could be configured for any use the owner deems important to him/her. Like "Favorites", instead of the very hard to use while driving little arrow head in the bottom of the screen, that would bring up ALL of the favorites on the screen at one time for you to choose from instead of the many little dots that tell you nothing until you spend three or four swipes/pokes to get the page you want..
    3. Allowing the owner to program a list of commands that can be stated aloud that would not have to be confirmed and debated with CUTie everytime; like "Call home" or " Go to Aunt Emma's" after just pushing the voice button. There is no need for an owner who has had the car for a while to have to listen to the condescending lecture every time a command is desired. If the commands could be prefaced with "Go", "Tune" or "Call" then the system should be able to execute it, after the chime of course, without comment.
    I agree with the above statement about the dimming in the SRX. At night away from the city the screen is too bright. It needs to offer more dimming latitude than on the current models.
    4. I would like to see them add a much bolder warning on the DIC that the FOB has been removed from the car. I dropped my wife off at the doctors and then proceeded to drive away. It allowed me to travel about ten miles to another location and then when I got out of the car, since I did not have my FOB, I could not get back in nor could I call Onstar because it would have done no good to do so since I did not have my FOB. There is a chime but when my wife got out of the car the door chime and the FOB warning were going off at the same time so it was ignored. This could also be for the rear hatch being up. I dropped my daughter off at the airport and she didn't press the down button and I did not notice it and the car will actually let you drive off with it up with only a chime.
    I think you should all "Chime" in and let GM know what you would like to add/delete from CUE.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Quote Originally Posted by roadpie4u View Post

6) The ability to control the CUE start up "Welcome to the Car!" sound. It didn't have it before I got my CUE updated, and while I got used to it, it's jarring to people that have never ridden in my car or first thing in the morning, especially if I had the radio up the previous day on the ride home. Can we turn that down? Turn it off? Something via the settings menu?
    You can turn this off easily enough.
    I believe it's the setting CUE startup volume, set to 0.
    If it's not that it's some settings like that, mine is off.

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    You can turn this off easily enough.
    I believe it's the setting CUE startup volume, set to 0.
    If it's not that it's some settings like that, mine is off.
    Yup, SETTINGS | RADIO | Audio CUE Volume ... volume on or off or adjusted up/down -- pages 96/97 of the Cadillac CUE Infotainment System manual

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

These are all great ideas and why I got CUE... for the future upgrade potential of the software, like a computer or iPhone. I hope the promised apps start coming. I hope Cadillac keeps updating and upgrading CUE on a regular basis and makes these available.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

I want environmental control with the voice recognition on my SRX. I want to turn the fan up/down, turn the heat seaters on/off, lower or raise the temp, without taking my hands off the steering wheel or looking away from the road.

suzesq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 srx

Whatever happened to the ability to read text messages like they promised?

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by suzesq View Post
    Whatever happened to the ability to read text messages like they promised?
    CUE has no trouble announcing and reading my texts and letting me dictate a response. Obviously both the car and the phone are involved. I'm sure for the phones that don't work the phone maker blames the car and Cadillac blames the phone maker. Regardless, they both should have worked together to make sure there weren't problems at least with the OS versions at time of launch. Its not like there are tons of phone OSs, basically Windows, IOS, Android and BB. As for later OS versions not working when earlier ones did, I'd lay that blame on the phone maker.

I would like a change so that if you pushed the "Voice" button on the wheel all you would have to do, after the tone, is say the command. It would go like this , "Beep" then "Call home" or "Fan speed high", "Tune AM 750". I am sick of the tutorial everytime I try to use the voice system. And I sure as hell do not need examples. As I mentioned before Cadillac could issue a list of simple commands like "Call", "Tune", "Temp" higher or lower, "Fan" speed up or down, "Navigate" home etc. I want a helper not a nanny!

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    I would like a change so that if you pushed the "Voice" button on the wheel all you would have to do, after the tone, is say the command.
    Just in case some don't know or don't remember: The prompt length can be set to short or long in settings. But you can skip the prompt completely by pressing the voice button twice. The second press tells CUE to skip the (rest of the) prompt and immediately listen for a command.

cadillacricket is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Just in case some don't know or don't remember: The prompt length can be set to short or long in settings. But you can skip the prompt completely by pressing the voice button twice. The second press tells CUE to skip the (rest of the) prompt and immediately listen for a command.
    THANK YOU!!

:what_this_guy_says:

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    this was very broken on my '13 CUE and voice doubletap did not work, i had to set the settings icon as a shortcut to reduce prompt length every time i started the car

I did not know about the double push but I have gone to settings and selected the short prompt. Now if CUE could just understand simple commands like Siri does.....

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    this was very broken on my '13 CUE and voice doubletap did not work, i had to set the settings icon as a shortcut to reduce prompt length every time i started the car
    Of course it was broken in your 2013. Wasn't everything? LoL Sooooo glad you have that behind you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.