USB drives and CUE - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, USB drives and CUE in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Well the results are in. The only way to get album art to display on the console is to embed ...
    dchamb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Re: USB drives and CUE

Well the results are in. The only way to get album art to display on the console is to embed the art within the mp3 file when using a USB drive. I had to use mp3tag to load the album art I had in each album folder and wait forever for CUE to reindex

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

All my album art displays, and I'm mostly using .mp4 created by Nero. Dunno if it is embedding or not --it just works.

bkcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

this might apply to one of your questions. CUE went berserk when I tried playing my .mp3 music from my ripped files written to USB/SD/CD...specifically the file structure and about 50% of the files were not recognized. retried in a new 2014 CTS Premium (because I figured CUE (the 2013 rev) could be to blame) and the major symptoms were the same!

after much screwing around and surfing, as an experiment, I changed from this original file structure:

medium
    artist
    album 1
    album 2, etc

to this where all album folders are in the root:

medium
    album 1, artist whatever
    album 2, artist whatever, etc.

now CUE at least sees all my files.

still aggravating: it often displays (and plays) two or three iterations of the same track. it's occurred to me that maybe I need to research how to re-index/initialize CUE. I received no info up front that CUE had any internal memory but apparently it does. tracks I've erased and then re-written on a newly-formatted SD still appear as multiple entries in some cases. WTF? my $15 .mp3 player has no difficulty with multi-layer file structures or replicating tracks from new media using stored data!

Update for anyone experiencing issues with CUE handling large music volumes.

I left my car with the dealer one day to have them investigate the extremely long indexing times and voice recognition not being unable. Keep in mind I have my mp3s on a Patriot 256GB flash drive but using about half the storage. It was taking CUE over 2 1/2 hours to index.

Engineering instructed the service center to replace the human interface module. They did so and to my surprise it fixed the problem! Now my 128GB music library is indexed within 6-7 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by dchamb View Post
    Update for anyone experiencing issues with CUE handling large music volumes.

I left my car with the dealer one day to have them investigate the extremely long indexing times and voice recognition not being unable. Keep in mind I have my mp3s on a Patriot 256GB flash drive but using about half the storage. It was taking CUE over 2 1/2 hours to index.

Engineering instructed the service center to replace the human interface module. They did so and to my surprise it fixed the problem! Now my 128GB music library is indexed within 6-7 minutes!
    Very interesting. I wonder if that was software based or hardware based (i.e. newer head units with faster cpu and/or more memory) improvement. Anyway, congrats!

If you think about it, I'd be interested to see what version of the software it has installed on it. You can find that in Settings towards the bottom. 23427521 is the newest I've seen reported so far in the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by georule View Post
    Very interesting. I wonder if that was software based or hardware based (i.e. newer head units with faster cpu and/or more memory) improvement. Anyway, congrats!

If you think about it, I'd be interested to see what version of the software it has installed on it. You can find that in Settings towards the bottom. 23427521 is the newest I've seen reported so far in the wild.
    Here are the software numbers now showing on my 2013 XTS:

Software: 23427521
    Gracenote: 23427515
    Map: 23141791

On March 13, 2014 (the day before the HIM replacement) they were

Software: 23150273
    Gracenote: 22993544
    Map: 22993553

and these were the versions when I first acquired the car in September 2013.

I am starting to suspect the software updates are not getting distributed like they would have you believe, plus I've had the dealer check every time I brought the car into them to check to see if it was up to date, which they tell me every time that it is. Seems interesting to me the latest version happens to get installed when the HIM (Human Interface Module) was replaced. Anyone have any insight to this?

Dale

Yeah, I've got 23427521 on my 2013 as well, because I was squeaky wheeling about a problem I was having with Nav reboots. Now fixed, it appears (yay!).

I've seen reports that's what's being shipped on 2014's. I seriously doubt anyone with a 2013 has 23427521 without being relatively assertive and persistent about their issues. In fact, GM Infotainment pretty much told me that was the case in an email (called it "rare").

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.