Cadillac Owners Forum banner

How often has CUE spontaneously rebooted on you?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  georule 
#1 · (Edited)
In two months and about 4,500 miles (there was a long trip in there). . . 4 times, the most recent yesterday in downtown Minneapolis as we were trying to find a restaurant on our first visit to it.

Remembering that correlation is not causation, each time CUE was doing both navigation and playing music off a USB stick. But then CUE is often doing both of those things at once in my car.

It's fairly annoying when it happens when you're using it for navigation, because it takes a good minute or two for the system to reboot and get back to where it was, by which time you may have missed one or more turns/intersections/interchange whatever without the system to guide you.

How many times have others here had this happen?

Is the CUE team aware of this predilection for the spontaneous reboot and working on it? Or is this something I should be thinking is specific to my car and should be talking to my local Cadillac service about addressing?

#4 · (Edited)
Maybe I should check my version number then. I bought a demo in August that had 1,500 miles on it (driven by dealer "employee of the month"). I just assumed they would have done the update, but I haven't actually checked.

Edit Later: "Settings" shows 23150273, which seems to be the correct version for the update for CUE with navigation (which I have).

#5 ·
Hello georule,

I am sorry to hear that your CUE system has experienced this unplanned reboot multiple times in your SRX. I would suggest bringing this to the attention of your Cadillac dealership’s service department to see if they would be able to look into this issue for you. If you would like any assistance working with the dealership, please feel free to private message me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

I've had it two times in the last ten months and none since the update.
Hello inspectorudy,

I apologize that you had this issue as well with your CUE. I am glad that you have not experienced this issue since you have gotten an update. Please let us know if you experience this issue again and would like any assistance working with the dealership. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

#6 ·
#8 ·
Never had this problem, but we use SD cards instead of USB drives.

You may not be aware but there are a lot more smarts in a USB device than a memory card. That means there are more ways a slightly flakey USB device might do something CUE didn't expect and cause a "crash". It shouldn't happen, and I'm not speculating on how likely your problem has anything to do with your USB stick. But if this was happening to me and I didn't like it and the dealer couldn't fix it, I would definetly switch to an SD card or at the very least a different USB device. USB devices are even more prone to damage to the connector because they are much more likely to receive side loads during installation or removal AND while in use since a USB device sticks out while an SD card is completely inside and can't be bumped.

#9 ·
I use a SanDisk Cruzer Fit (look it up) in the USB drive behind CUE's faceplate. It's tiny (actually made to be a permanent storage add on for laptops). It's a very snug fit, and the only time I ever take it out is to add more songs (not that often). It pretty much stays there full-time. It barely sticks out far enough to grab the end to pull it out, so I'm very confident it isn't getting knocked around or shifted by its own weight.

But that's still a valuable observation and suggestion, and if this lingers on with the dealer scratching his head and it continuing on a semi-regular basis, I'll give a SD card in the arm console SD slot a try, even tho I'd have to buy one (I don't have a spare at the moment big enough).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.