Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Which phone works flawlessly with cue list of phones

6K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  off1c3r 
#1 ·
I just got my new caddy ats with cue.
I tried 2 phones up to now.
1. Galaxy exibit 4 g very bad for this car either I get contacts then I can't get pandora install reinstall same.
2. tried Samsung galaxy 3 III works almost good I tried to pair 3 times all work well.
I thing we should compale list of phones that work well with cue.
GM web site shows compatible phones that are very outdated .

#2 ·
I had an older Windows phone and it worked well with CUE. It would let me hear text and then use voice to send an answer in text. All of my contacts displayed as well. I have an iPhone 4s now and it seems to work ok but does not allow the text function. It always pairs and my contacts alway are there for me.

#3 ·
My Samsung Galaxy S3 pairs up fine, but playing songs stored on it is hit and miss. Phone voice does not channel through bluetooth. This is annoying since I use Google maps over CUE maps because CUE maps are horribly out of date. Oh and the CUE app does not support the G S 3. I think all of their development teams up and left GM!

#6 ·
After reading on this forum about the text ability with windows phones, I got a Lumia 521 to try. It does work great for texting. This phone takes forever to initialize after I get in the car. I have to wait a few minutes before I can make a call. It also seems to have poorer reception and more dropped calls than my previous android. I may eventually upgrade to a better windows phone, since the 521 is quite entry level.

#7 · (Edited)
Don't plan on better reception or less dropped calls from another Lumia, unless the problem is the carrier and you change carrier/bands at the same time. The 521 isn't inferior to other Lumias in that regard. If its not a carrier problem, you might just have a bad one. The 521 is only an entry level in the sense that an ATS is an entry level. I know Cadillac calls it that, but if I had to drive any new Cadillac and could drive it for free (but didn't own it nor could sell it), I would (and did) take the ATS because no amount of extra room or opulence makes up for the loss of handling in my enjoy-o-meter.

Anyway, back to the 521 phone. In the Android world the so called entry level phones and even some mid range are terrible to use because of two factors (1) Android is much more resource hungry than WP8 and (2) the cost of a processor that gives great Android performance is so high, there is huge pressure to roll out very underpowered Android phones. On the Windows Phone 8 side, the processing power needed for good performance is much lower and Nokia had no reason to build bad performing phones to reach a price point. The reasons the 521 is cheap isn't a too slow processor but the absence of a front camera, no flash, no NFC, no case color options, etc and most important of all it is being subsidized to death by Microsoft and Nokia for WP8 market share.

I picked up a new 521 to use for a gift for $59 (no contract, no rebate) at Fry's last week. I would take it over some much more expensive Androids unless I couldn't wait for some app I "had to have" to be released for WP8 or I wanted good night pictures. Even then the elegance of WP8 UI is so appealing to me, I'd just buy a more expensive Lumia and hate not having MS pay at least half the price. And the best native compatibility with CUE is just icing on the WP8 cake.

#8 ·
Hoosier Daddy said:
Don't plan on better reception or less dropped calls from another Lumia, unless the problem is the carrier and you change carrier/bands at the same time. The 521 isn't inferior to other Lumias in that regard. If its not a carrier problem, you might just have a bad one. The 521 is only an entry level in the sense that an ATS is an entry level. I know Cadillac calls it that, but if I had to drive any new Cadillac and could drive it for free (but didn't own it nor could sell it), I would (and did) take the ATS because no amount of extra room or opulence makes up for the loss of handling in my enjoy-o-meter. Anyway, back to the 521 phone. In the Android world the so called entry level phones and even some mid range are terrible to use because of two factors (1) Android is much more resource hungry than WP8 and (2) the cost of a processor that gives great Android performance is so high, there is huge pressure to roll out very underpowered Android phones. On the Windows Phone 8 side, the processing power needed for good performance is much lower and Nokia had no reason to build bad performing phones to reach a price point. The reasons the 521 is cheap isn't a too slow processor but the absence of a front camera, no flash, no NFC, no case color options, etc and most important of all it is being subsidized to death by Microsoft and Nokia for WP8 market share. I picked up a new 521 to use for a gift for $59 (no contract, no rebate) at Fry's last week. I would take it over some much more expensive Androids unless I couldn't wait for some app I "had to have" to be released for WP8 or I wanted good night pictures. Even then the elegance of WP8 UI is so appealing to me, I'd just buy a more expensive Lumia and hate not having MS pay at least half the price. And the best native compatibility with CUE is just icing on the WP8 cake.
I feel the same about WP8's user interface. I didn't think I'd like it, but am very pleased so far. I've found all the apps I used on my old android are available for windows phone, some with better functionality than the android versions.
Dropped calls are less of a concern for me than the lengthy "initializing" time it takes before I can access the device to make calls using my saved contacts. It's a bit of a PITA when I try to make a call, only to hear a long blah blah blah about the device initializing. Not sure if that's a limitation of the 521or WP8. With that said, I am still really loving receiving and replying to texts in my ATS thanks to WP8's compatibility with CUE!

#12 · (Edited)
I just ordered an el cheapo ($49 at Best Buy) Alcatel One Touch Evolve, which has the primary virtue of being Android 4.1, replacing my T-Mobile Comet (Android 2.2) junk. I don't need much of a mobile phone, and use a pre-paid T-Mobile plan.

Could never get the Comet to pass contacts to. . .well, anything. Not Garmin Bluetooth GPS and not CUE. So I'd have to use the phone to dial and then could talk/hear thru CUE, which was a pain.

The wife's Galaxy S4 works pretty well with CUE (as a phone at least --we don't use it for Media, for which we have a SD card plugged into the center armrest), tho I understand those with large contact lists (which does not describe her) have legitimate issues with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.