Which phone works flawlessly with cue list of phones
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Which phone works flawlessly with cue list of phones in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I just got my new caddy ats with cue. I tried 2 phones up to now. 1. Galaxy exibit 4 ...
  1. #1
    greg1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ats
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1

    Which phone works flawlessly with cue list of phones

    I just got my new caddy ats with cue.
    I tried 2 phones up to now.
    1. Galaxy exibit 4 g very bad for this car either I get contacts then I can't get pandora install reinstall same.
    2. tried Samsung galaxy 3 III works almost good I tried to pair 3 times all work well.
    I thing we should compale list of phones that work well with cue.
    GM web site shows compatible phones that are very outdated .

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    619

    Re: Which phone works flawlessly with cue list of phones

    I had an older Windows phone and it worked well with CUE. It would let me hear text and then use voice to send an answer in text. All of my contacts displayed as well. I have an iPhone 4s now and it seems to work ok but does not allow the text function. It always pairs and my contacts alway are there for me.

  4. #3
    dchamb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    21

    Re: Which phone works flawlessly with cue list of phones

    My Samsung Galaxy S3 pairs up fine, but playing songs stored on it is hit and miss. Phone voice does not channel through bluetooth. This is annoying since I use Google maps over CUE maps because CUE maps are horribly out of date. Oh and the CUE app does not support the G S 3. I think all of their development teams up and left GM!

  5. #4
    slepr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD Premium
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    81

    Re: Which phone works flawlessly with cue list of phones

    My previous phone (Lumia 920) worked very well with CUE as does my Lumia 1020 now. Really like the voice texting while driving.

  6. #5
    inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    619

    Re: Which phone works flawlessly with cue list of phones

    I had to re-pair my iPhone 4S after I downloaded the iPhone OS7 upgrade. My CUE pairing would not recognize it until I deleted the old pairing and device and then re-paired it. I did it with both my phone and my wife's Iphone.

  7. #6
    mels1229 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    26
    After reading on this forum about the text ability with windows phones, I got a Lumia 521 to try. It does work great for texting. This phone takes forever to initialize after I get in the car. I have to wait a few minutes before I can make a call. It also seems to have poorer reception and more dropped calls than my previous android. I may eventually upgrade to a better windows phone, since the 521 is quite entry level.

  8. #7
    Hoosier Daddy's Avatar
    Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Winchestertonfieldville, AZ
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,584

    Re: Which phone works flawlessly with cue list of phones

    Quote Originally Posted by mels1229 View Post
    After reading on this forum about the text ability with windows phones, I got a Lumia 521 to try. It does work great for texting. This phone takes forever to initialize after I get in the car. I have to wait a few minutes before I can make a call. It also seems to have poorer reception and more dropped calls than my previous android. I may eventually upgrade to a better windows phone, since the 521 is quite entry level.
    Don't plan on better reception or less dropped calls from another Lumia, unless the problem is the carrier and you change carrier/bands at the same time. The 521 isn't inferior to other Lumias in that regard. If its not a carrier problem, you might just have a bad one. The 521 is only an entry level in the sense that an ATS is an entry level. I know Cadillac calls it that, but if I had to drive any new Cadillac and could drive it for free (but didn't own it nor could sell it), I would (and did) take the ATS because no amount of extra room or opulence makes up for the loss of handling in my enjoy-o-meter.

    Anyway, back to the 521 phone. In the Android world the so called entry level phones and even some mid range are terrible to use because of two factors (1) Android is much more resource hungry than WP8 and (2) the cost of a processor that gives great Android performance is so high, there is huge pressure to roll out very underpowered Android phones. On the Windows Phone 8 side, the processing power needed for good performance is much lower and Nokia had no reason to build bad performing phones to reach a price point. The reasons the 521 is cheap isn't a too slow processor but the absence of a front camera, no flash, no NFC, no case color options, etc and most important of all it is being subsidized to death by Microsoft and Nokia for WP8 market share.

    I picked up a new 521 to use for a gift for $59 (no contract, no rebate) at Fry's last week. I would take it over some much more expensive Androids unless I couldn't wait for some app I "had to have" to be released for WP8 or I wanted good night pictures. Even then the elegance of WP8 UI is so appealing to me, I'd just buy a more expensive Lumia and hate not having MS pay at least half the price. And the best native compatibility with CUE is just icing on the WP8 cake.

  9. #8
    mels1229 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
    Don't plan on better reception or less dropped calls from another Lumia, unless the problem is the carrier and you change carrier/bands at the same time. The 521 isn't inferior to other Lumias in that regard. If its not a carrier problem, you might just have a bad one. The 521 is only an entry level in the sense that an ATS is an entry level. I know Cadillac calls it that, but if I had to drive any new Cadillac and could drive it for free (but didn't own it nor could sell it), I would (and did) take the ATS because no amount of extra room or opulence makes up for the loss of handling in my enjoy-o-meter. Anyway, back to the 521 phone. In the Android world the so called entry level phones and even some mid range are terrible to use because of two factors (1) Android is much more resource hungry than WP8 and (2) the cost of a processor that gives great Android performance is so high, there is huge pressure to roll out very underpowered Android phones. On the Windows Phone 8 side, the processing power needed for good performance is much lower and Nokia had no reason to build bad performing phones to reach a price point. The reasons the 521 is cheap isn't a too slow processor but the absence of a front camera, no flash, no NFC, no case color options, etc and most important of all it is being subsidized to death by Microsoft and Nokia for WP8 market share. I picked up a new 521 to use for a gift for $59 (no contract, no rebate) at Fry's last week. I would take it over some much more expensive Androids unless I couldn't wait for some app I "had to have" to be released for WP8 or I wanted good night pictures. Even then the elegance of WP8 UI is so appealing to me, I'd just buy a more expensive Lumia and hate not having MS pay at least half the price. And the best native compatibility with CUE is just icing on the WP8 cake.
    I feel the same about WP8's user interface. I didn't think I'd like it, but am very pleased so far. I've found all the apps I used on my old android are available for windows phone, some with better functionality than the android versions.
    Dropped calls are less of a concern for me than the lengthy "initializing" time it takes before I can access the device to make calls using my saved contacts. It's a bit of a PITA when I try to make a call, only to hear a long blah blah blah about the device initializing. Not sure if that's a limitation of the 521or WP8. With that said, I am still really loving receiving and replying to texts in my ATS thanks to WP8's compatibility with CUE!

  10. #9
    bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    187

    Re: Which phone works flawlessly with cue list of phones

    Does your Lumia 1020 work with Pandora? Mine does not seem to want too.

  11. #10
    NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    935

    Re: Which phone works flawlessly with cue list of phones

    No surprise about phones taking forever to initialize.

    It's a common problem with many brands of phones.

    The reason why I am dying to ditch Cadillac forever at the end of my lease.

  12. #11
    babaganoush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Luxury
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8

    Re: Which phone works flawlessly with cue list of phones

    Quote Originally Posted by NJRonbo View Post
    No surprise about phones taking forever to initialize.

    It's a common problem with many brands of phones.

    The reason why I am dying to ditch Cadillac forever at the end of my lease.
    iPhone 5S takes a few seconds to pair once I start up the car.

  13. #12
    georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    395

    Re: Which phone works flawlessly with cue list of phones

    I just ordered an el cheapo ($49 at Best Buy) Alcatel One Touch Evolve, which has the primary virtue of being Android 4.1, replacing my T-Mobile Comet (Android 2.2) junk. I don't need much of a mobile phone, and use a pre-paid T-Mobile plan.

    Could never get the Comet to pass contacts to. . .well, anything. Not Garmin Bluetooth GPS and not CUE. So I'd have to use the phone to dial and then could talk/hear thru CUE, which was a pain.

    The wife's Galaxy S4 works pretty well with CUE (as a phone at least --we don't use it for Media, for which we have a SD card plugged into the center armrest), tho I understand those with large contact lists (which does not describe her) have legitimate issues with it.

  14. #13
    off1c3r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance AWD
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    224

    Re: Which phone works flawlessly with cue list of phones

    I use my HTC Evo 4g LTE. No issues.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting