Xts 2014 cue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Xts 2014 cue in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Ordered a 2014 XTS today to replace my 2013 XTS and was wondering if there in difference in CUE....
    Johnfran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Premium

Xts 2014 cue

Ordered a 2014 XTS today to replace my 2013 XTS and was wondering if there in difference in CUE.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Xts 2014 cue

Hello Johnfran,

Congratulations on your new XTS purchase! I did some research and this is the only information I have regarding the CUE in the 2014 model:

“Cadillac CUE is standard on all models. Its heart is the standard eight-inch (203 mm) screen in the center stack, the faceplate below the screen and the steering wheel controls. Features include capacitive-touch control with proximity sensing, haptic feedback, gesture recognition and natural voice recognition.

A 12.3-inch (312 mm) reconfigurable instrument cluster is standard on Premium and Platinum Collections. It features vibrant graphic displays showcased among four driver-selectable themes, ranging from minimal to extensive information. And while it is the prominent element in the XTS’s technological character, CUE is part of a more comprehensive and layered approach to the car’s design, capabilities and performance”

I do not see any information that there is a difference in CUE from the 2013 version. I will be on the lookout for any news relevant to this for you though. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Chris Shillinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Yes there are changes. To name a few, you have a "Voice" icon on the touchscreen. This allows you to utilize voice control of your smartphone without using the phone. Also, some changes to the DIC: A "Maintenance Due In:" option, the option to have the digital speedometer in the center screen (5.7inch DIC only). There is also a frameless mirror and a thicker steering wheel. The temperature can now also be controlled in the climate app as well as the original faceplate controls. I am sure there is more that I cannot think of. Congratulations on your new purchase. Hopefully you ordered the VSport. Because it rocks. Also, if you bought any collection (Luxury and above) which I see you had a Premium collection, as long as it is FWD then you would have Automatic Parking Assist. The car will locate a space and parallel park itself on either side of the road. If you haven't seen it done yet, you (the driver) still control the gas/brake, but the car tells you when to stop, change from Drive to Reverse, and will steer itself. Its neat if you havent experienced it yet.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

I just did a dealer trade on a 2014 XTS and CUE was extremely responsive compared to past versions of the software. I was very impressed with it.

Johnfran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    I just did a dealer trade on a 2014 XTS and CUE was extremely responsive compared to past versions of the software. I was very impressed with it.
    What did you trade in?

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Quote Originally Posted by Johnfran View Post
    What did you trade in?
    Oh I didn't trade anything. I work for a dealership and we swap cars from dealer to dealer. Swapped a '14 XTS for a '13 CTS 3.0 w/ Nav. CTS was a sold unit.

Chris Shillinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

If it is not a standard XTS or AWD, then you should go test out the Automatic Parking Assist I mentioned earlier. To activate, you must be going less than 18 mph, have a space large enough to parallel park in, and just push the button on the bottom right underneath "Glove Box." It should be the button you don't recognize from previous MY's.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    Hello ryannel2003,

Thanks for sharing this. I am glad you are impressed with its CUE system. Continue to enjoy your XTS! If any questions or concerns arise, we are here to assist and can be reached via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.