Disappearing CUE Favorites
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Disappearing CUE Favorites in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; My Cadillac XTS has lost CUE Favorites (radio stations, navigation destinations, media music and telephone numbers) since its purchase in ...
    XTSowner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Disappearing CUE Favorites

My Cadillac XTS has lost CUE Favorites (radio stations, navigation destinations, media music and telephone numbers) since its purchase in April 2013. In July, the dealer tested it, and asked that I continue to monitor it. All 60 Favorite buttons were programmed and monitored. Several lost Favorites resulted in the dealer replacing the Human Machine Interface Control Module at the end of July.

After reprogramming the 60 positions, 23 Favorites disappeared by August 20th. On August 28th, the dealer replaced the radio. After reprogramming, 19 Favorites disappeared by September 2nd.

The Cadillac Support team knows about this problem, and I have a Service Request number. But no one seems to know how to fix it. I would like to hear if others have this problem, and what they have done.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Disappearing CUE Favorites

Amazing! As of now there have been 189 views in one day, but no replies. Am I the only one having this problem?

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Even though 189 so far of us have not had the same issue that you have we all understand your frustration. It would seem at this point a total replacement of the CUE software and any CPUs that might be removable would have been replaced. I guess you can be thankful that it is only some of your favorites and not like some have experienced where their entire CUE system shuts down. I wish you well with this but I guess we can all consider it to be growing pains that will eventually be worked out. Good luck,

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by XTSowner View Post
    My Cadillac XTS has lost CUE Favorites (radio stations, navigation destinations, media music and telephone numbers) since its purchase in April 2013. In July, the dealer tested it, and asked that I continue to monitor it. All 60 Favorite buttons were programmed and monitored. Several lost Favorites resulted in the dealer replacing the Human Machine Interface Control Module at the end of July.

After reprogramming the 60 positions, 23 Favorites disappeared by August 20th. On August 28th, the dealer replaced the radio. After reprogramming, 19 Favorites disappeared by September 2nd.

The Cadillac Support team knows about this problem, and I have a Service Request number. But no one seems to know how to fix it. I would like to hear if others have this problem, and what they have done.
    Hello XTSowner,

I apologize that you are experiencing this concern with your CUE system in your XTS. Could you provide me with your case number and VIN so I can look further into your situation for you? If you are unable to private message me, you can also reach out to me via socialmedia@gm.com. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks for the replies. After several telephone conversations with the Cadillac Support team, the car is scheduled to return to the dealer for further testing next Tuesday, October 1. This will be the 4th time it is there for this same problem. And just to irritate me, a few more favorites disappeared today!

Thanks for the replies. After several telephone conversations with the Cadillac Support team, the car is scheduled to return to the dealer for further testing next Tuesday, October 1. This will be the 4th time it is there for this same problem. And just to irritate me, a few more favorites disappeared today!
    Hello XTSowner,

Thank you very much for taking the time to keep us updated. I hope that they are able to address the issue with your XTS losing the favorites you program. Please continue to keep us updated next Tuesday. Laura and I will be looking for your posts. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

I was just at the dealer the other day for scheduled service and mentioned about this issue, since it's happened to me so much, that I don't bother setting favorites anymore. The dealer was actually quite good they took notes and asked questions. Later it the day they said they called CUE support and they said "It's a known issue but there is no update for it." The dealer seemed really sorry about it, and promised they'd call me if/when they hear of this fix being issued.

So overall the dealer was awesome, but it looks like these issues are either really deep in the system, or they just don't think it's important enough to address... ??

The dealer said that the car will probably be be there until Thursday, October 3rd, so I plan to post the results then.

----------

Yplus: My dealer, too, has been sympathetic - but it's clearly beyond their responsibility to solve. I expect Cadillac engineering to be capable of diagnosing this problem and implement a solution. From other blogs, I have seen others having this problem going back to the Spring. So, why a company like Cadillac can't solve this is beyond belief. I am hopeful that others with this problem will share their experience on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Yplus View Post
    I was just at the dealer the other day for scheduled service and mentioned about this issue, since it's happened to me so much, that I don't bother setting favorites anymore. The dealer was actually quite good they took notes and asked questions. Later it the day they said they called CUE support and they said "It's a known issue but there is no update for it." The dealer seemed really sorry about it, and promised they'd call me if/when they hear of this fix being issued.

So overall the dealer was awesome, but it looks like these issues are either really deep in the system, or they just don't think it's important enough to address... ??
    Hello Yplus,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue as well with your CUE. Laura and I have documented your, and others, concerns regarding this issue and have forwarded them to the correct team within our organization. I am glad to hear that you have had a good experience with your dealership even though they weren’t able to address the issue you are experiencing as of yet. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your experience. Please feel free to private message me if you would like to further discuss this concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

In the past month (since the radio was replaced), of 60 favorites stored, none of 25 AM/FM/XM radio stations were lost; none of 5 destination favorites were lost; 3 of 5 phone favorites were lost; and 22 of 25 SD music album favorites were lost. I met with the dealer’s technician on October 2nd. He has arranged for a Cadillac engineer to come to the dealership on October 15th to observe the problem and meet with me.

BREAKING NEWS! (Hopefully good.) An engineer from Cadillac examined my CUE system yesterday regarding the disappearing favorites, and said that Cadillac is working on a fix that is expected to be rolled-out in mid-November.

Each of you with a CUE system should store up to 60 favorites, occasionally check for lost ones, and request the November upgrade if you have the same problem I have had.

BREAKING NEWS! (Hopefully good.) An engineer from Cadillac examined my CUE system yesterday regarding the disappearing favorites, and said that Cadillac is working on a fix that is expected to be rolled-out in mid-November.

Each of you with a CUE system should store up to 60 favorites, occasionally check for lost ones, and request the November upgrade if you have the same problem I have had.
    Hello XTSowner,

That’s great news! Thanks for sharing with everyone! I am glad to hear that they are expecting to roll this out soon. Please keep us updated when it is applied so we can make sure you are satisfied with the update.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Been a while since anyone reported on lost favorites, so let me add my experience. First I limited the number of Favorites showing to 25, then I successfully loaded in about 8 genres. This was in addition to a few radio stations and one GPS point that was already on the Favorites panel. All was good for about a week or so, but yesterday 7 out the 8 genres were gone. However, none of the other Favorites were gone. This morning I've reset my Favorites and now await any surprises. Of course, I will report back. BTW, anyone ever find out about the "supposed" November fix for this problem?

EDIT:
    Spoke to my Caddy SA about the disappearing Favorites and the possible November fix. He said he has never heard about this problem on the ATS???

I learned from my Service Advisor on Tuesday, 11/19 that the fix has been delayed to end-November the earliest. I am hopeful that the Cadillac Customer Care person reading this will investigate, and then report the findings in this thread.

Of the 60 favorites programmed on October 3rd, the radio stations and GPS destinations are still on display; all the cellphone numbers have disappeared; and all but one Media (SD card) music album have disappeared.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

I redid my music favorites (source=SD card) about a week ago and they are still holding true.

EDIT: Had the car in today to fix the smelly A/C, and I also asked them to check CUE's dropping my Favorites. Interestingly, my SA said this was the first time he's heard of this. He's a good guy and I believe him.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.