Disappearing CUE Favorites - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Disappearing CUE Favorites in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Flycaster, I’m interested in how many of each kind of favorite you stored on the display. In my case, I ...
    XTSowner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Re: Disappearing CUE Favorites

Flycaster, I’m interested in how many of each kind of favorite you stored on the display. In my case, I programmed 25 music albums as favorites - 15 on 1 page, 10 on another. About a month later, I was down to one. Of 5 cellphone numbers, all disappeared. The 25 radio (AM, FM, XM) stations and the 5 GPS destinations are still on the display.

----------

Flycaster, you’ll be interested to see that this problem was reported in the thread “Favorite Buttons lose their memory” that started on 4/28/2013. I just posted a comment in it just to keep it alive – the author never reported how his problem was resolved.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by XTSowner View Post
    I learned from my Service Advisor on Tuesday, 11/19 that the fix has been delayed to end-November the earliest. I am hopeful that the Cadillac Customer Care person reading this will investigate, and then report the findings in this thread.

Of the 60 favorites programmed on October 3rd, the radio stations and GPS destinations are still on display; all the cellphone numbers have disappeared; and all but one Media (SD card) music album have disappeared.
    Hello XTSowner,

I would be happy to reach out to an internal resource of mine to see if I could find out any additional information regarding this. I cannot guarantee that I would be able to obtain any information because usually we are only alerted to recalls and service announcements when the public are as well, but I would be more than happy to look into this for you. I will be sure to reach out to you when I receive a response.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Gregory W.: If it is helpful, I could provide you any data that is on the sheet given to me by the dealer’s service department when I was last there on 10/15/2013. Included on that sheet is the following statement: "CADILLAC IS GOING TO RELEASE A CUE UP DATE IN MID NOVEMBER “.

Gregory W.: If it is helpful, I could provide you any data that is on the sheet given to me by the dealer’s service department when I was last there on 10/15/2013. Included on that sheet is the following statement: "CADILLAC IS GOING TO RELEASE A CUE UP DATE IN MID NOVEMBER “.
    Hello XTSowner,

If you would like, you could private message me the dealership’s name as well as the service advisor you were working with and where it is located so I can reach out to them in addition to my internal resource. Thank you!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Gregory W.: I just sent you a private message. Please confirm that you have received it. Thanks.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

XTSowner, I had limited my Favorites to a total of 25. I had a couple of FM stations and a navigate home Favorite in spots 1-5. I had about 8 or 9 music genre Favorites in spots 17-25, all others were blank. I lost all but one genre and two radio stations. I reset things about a week or so ago, and they are still there.

Brought car in today for the smelly A/C fix and told my SA about the lost Favorites. He said that I was the first one to report this to him. He was completely unaware of this problem. He's is a good SA and I don't think he was hiding anything....

Gregory W.: I just sent you a private message. Please confirm that you have received it. Thanks.
    Hello XTSowner,

I did receive your message and I responded. Please let me know if you have not received my return message.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Yes, I did receive your return message. Thank you. I believe that your contacting the SA or technician will be informative, and they could lead you to the engineer with whom they met, but the technical solution and its rollout are the responsibility of Cadillac Engineering and the Cadillac function responsible for getting the fix to the dealers. So, I am hopeful that you could penetrate those organizations.

Gregory W. (Cadillac Customer Service),

It's been a couple of weeks since you indicated an interest into looking into this problem. What have you learned?

Thanks.

As stated earlier, I have also lost my Favorites. Put them back and they stayed. However, my wife just showed me that they were gone again, but not all of them: just 8 of 9 of the "genre" one that I had set...just like the last time they disappeared. However, she also told me that the SD card had slipped out and she pushed it back in...this could have something to do with the lost Favorites??? Put the Favorites back and await the next glitch.

Gregory W. (Cadillac Customer Service),

It's been a couple of weeks since you indicated an interest into looking into this problem. What have you learned?

Thanks.
    Hello XTSowner,

I have been reaching out to various internal resources of mine, but I still haven’t gotten an update on the status of a CUE update. Unfortunately, we are usually updated when there are recalls or service announcements rolled out and not before the fact. I will keep contacting my internal resource to see if there is a timetable though on your behalf.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My wife's SRX has the exact same problem. Phone numbers and artists from the SD card disappear but not all of then. Please update us when you find out what the answer to this problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffpaletz View Post
    My wife's SRX has the exact same problem. Phone numbers and artists from the SD card disappear but not all of then. Please update us when you find out what the answer to this problem is.
    Hello jeffpaletz,

I am sorry to hear that your wife is experiencing this concern in her SRX as well. Have you had your vehicle into the service department regarding this concern, or opened a case with our Customer Care team yet?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I've limited my favorites to a total of 25. but haven't filled them all. One for navigating Home, 5-6 FM stations, 7-8 music genre favorites.

Well, I thought all was well when I redid my lost favorites due to the SD card coming out. But today I note that music FM stations are there as is the Home, but only one genre remains.

I have received encouraging news (I hope). My dealer told me that Cadillac expects to release a software fix at the end of December. I will continue to update this thread, but do not expect anything until early January. I am still hoping that others having this problem would post their experiences.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.