In navigation, can't hide the Favorites panel?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By inspectorudy
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, In navigation, can't hide the Favorites panel? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; OK, what am I doing wrong? When in Navigation and I tick up the Favorites panel, I can't get it ...
    flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

In navigation, can't hide the Favorites panel?

OK, what am I doing wrong? When in Navigation and I tick up the Favorites panel, I can't get it to go back down. The Favorites panel remains in view without self-disappearing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rspitler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 Premium Crystal Red Tintcoat ATS
    Swipe down and it should disappear

Re: In navigation, can't hide the Favorites panel?

Quote Originally Posted by rspitler View Post
    Swipe down and it should disappear
    Yeah, that's what I thought and that's what I've been doing. All that happens is the I trigger the Volume and the panel remains as is. Will try swiping again...

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

If your screen is like mine you have to put one finger directly ABOVE the little favorites arrow head and slide it down. If you go to the arrow head and try to put your finger on top of it, it will work the volume instead. When installing addresses on the NAV page I have to touch the erase red arrow all the way to the left of the red arrow or I will activate the "Exit" prompt. If anyone is in the passenger's seat and tries to program an address it is just about impossible because there hand gets in the way or activates the exit prompt. I just use OnStar now to enter most addresses because I have minutes and they do it so effortlessly. I am amazed that the designers of the CUE screen have never used a touch button microwave oven because if they had they would have realized that you should be able to actually touch the button you are aiming at and not some point near it. Bottom line, try different spots NEAR the arrow head until you find the correct spot and then tell your family how to use it.
    garrykolb likes this.

Thanks for the tips, inspectorR. I'll give it a try with the wife gets home.

EDIT: For me, the solution was to start the down swipe slightly above the Favorite's panel top border line...if that makes any sense.

matthayes3741 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 14 CTSV Wagon (past 13 SRX-4 Prem, 08 CTS, 05 Escalade EXT)
    Silly question but have you guys tried calibrating the touch screen?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Yes and so did the dealer. No help. I think the new CUE motto should be "Oh well".

cadillacricket is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    Yes and so did the dealer. No help. I think the new CUE motto should be "Oh well".
    Really? Could you provide the rest of us with a list of the downfalls your CUE system is experiencing?

Sure I can. The voice recognition system rarely works with any certainty or reliability. The touch screen NEVER works when actually touching the icon desired. The upper right hand corner of the screen when on the address page is so unreliable that it is useless especially if any road bumps are present. The NAV voice comes on everytime I use the NAV even though I have selected it off. The favorites bar arrow may or may not work every time but at any view it takes way too much attention to find and select a favorite. The organization of the settings to me is not well done because I think they should have been on the icon page that you are on. Ie, NAV all nav settings should be on that page. Favorites all settings for favorites should be on that page. Instead we have a settings page that requires knowing ahead of time what you are trying to find.
    I am not totally displeased with CUE with some of the things on the center stack work ok but even then they take a lot of eye time to set where you want it. Like the A/C temp setting. You have to find the red/blue tab then touch and then re-look at it until you get the desired temp. Sure it works but it is a many step process to set a temp. BTW the red/blue tabs are the only ones that routinely work if you touch them. I have had both good and bad luck with the bluetooth system so I will let this forum speak for that issue. What I am saying is that you might think its a great gadget to play techy with but for someone who just wants a nice car that is easy to operate this is not it. The president of Ford just announced that buttons and knobs are going to make a comeback on the 2015 Ford line up. Sort of like the Chevrolet and Buick line up has this year. If you love your CUE then I am happy for you but the fact that I am disappointed with it should have no affect on you. I've noticed that some here take everything personally if they disagree with statements made but it is only one person's opinion and not a death sentence. I have a subscription to four car mags and not one of them has had one good thing to say about CUE. Not one. Now you can blame them for being in love with the German and Japanese cars but they do like the Cadillacs road handling and styling. So do I. I have already expressed my admiration for my SRX and its styling and driveability. I like the interior and the fit and finish of it. I do not care for the CUE system. OK?

Chris Shillinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

I have customers that have the exact same complaints. It is usually either one of two things.
    1. Your center stack needs replaced. I had a customer who also could not use the top right of the screen, which needed to to enter their own home address and the higher numbers and anything in that area would not work. After having the radio display replaced, everything was back to normal.
    2. The voice recognition system works well if you follow two simple rules. #1 wait for the beep before you speak. #2 After giving a voice command, don't say anything until CUE responds.

I saw this in another thread but they really do need to fix the fingerprint problem. You would think a normal matte screen protector for an iPad would work. Has anyone tried that?

Chris, you may be right that my center stack needs to be replaced but the voice issue is not one of not waiting for the beep. I wait and then I get the command not understood, or something from Mars for the POI. To me if I was going to offer you and your family a voice activation system I would have consulted one of the voice recognition companies like Dragon to see what their YEARS of experience has shown them. I would NOT have offered a system that you have to learn it's system for it to work. If the voice recognition system is so convoluted as to require a three minute conversation to tune a radio station then something is wrong. I recently decided to use it to tune a different radio station. I said "Tune 750 AM". This was after pushing the voice button, having CUE ask me what kind of item I was looking for and then waiting for the beep. After the beep I then said "Tune 750 AM". Cue then repeated the command and I said yes. Then the radio station was changed. This compared to pushing a favorite button! I don't get it. In reference to your advice to not say anything until CUE responds is a good one but when it responds with something from another world then it loses it's usability. Try ACE hardware for fun after you enter POI on the menu. I got so many alternatives that I was amazed that CUE knew all of those places! I am a logical creature and trying to be cool by using something that is so convoluted that it makes no sense is difficult for me. STILL, I love my GM SRX!

st4422 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Black Ice, 2009 CTS DI Thunder Gray
    Except for a few national chains, I believe CUE is looking for a generic description for POI. After pressing or saying POI, say "hardware stores". If it understands then it will give you a list of nearby hardware stores. I know this works for motels, sporting goods and a few others I have tried.

I understand what you are saying about generic requests. I have used that for gas and food when in an unfamiliar location and it works great. I try to think in generalities when I request a POI but I forget sometimes. One of my favorite POI in
    Atlanta is "Airports". I cannot say Atlanta International but if I say "Airports" it will give me a list of about 15 airports and Atlanta is about number 7. See? I am learning or maybe I should say CUE is training me to think like a robot.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.