CUE and ANDROID: How does it work and how well?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE and ANDROID: How does it work and how well? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Couple questions here. First, understand that everything I know about transferring music from my computer (MAC) to a phone (iPhone) ...
    NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

CUE and ANDROID: How does it work and how well?

Couple questions here.

First, understand that everything I know about transferring music from my computer (MAC) to a phone (iPhone) has been done via iTunes. It's easy to create playlists using iTunes and the interaction between CUE and iPhone/iPod seems to be quite good.

So, now I need to hear from Android users. I have a Note II (which I will be upgrading to a Note III shortly) and I will be putting all my music on an external 64GB micro card.

Here are my questions....

1. How do you transfer music from your computer to your Android device? Is there a program that allows you to create specific playlists like iTunes does?
    2. Does CUE keep the playlist structure properly in place on its menu screen?
    3. How well does CUE play with Android? Do voice commands suggesting a song, artist or playlist work flawlessly?

Look forward to hearing your responses

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: CUE and ANDROID: How does it work and how well?

Well, I suppose, we don't have many CUE users using Android.

I can answer my own questions now that I have done some tests on my own.

I am currently using the Galaxy Note II with Android 4.1.2

1. Transferring music to your Android device from your computer is very easy -- at least from the Mac. I used iSyncr, which uses your existing iTunes playlist to transfer music to your Android phone. In this case, I had all the music copied to the external hard drive.

2. All playlist structures were kept neatly in place as they were on iTunes.

3. Here is the major problem: Of course, most will want to copy their music to the external hard drive since it offers the most room. I used a 64GB microSD drive formatted in Fat32. Problem is, CUE does not recognize the external hard drive of an Android device. Through some Google searches, I found out that if I root the phone (which I did) and used an app called USB MASS STORAGE (which I installed), it fools the phone into thinking it is a mass USB storage device. Music then played via Bluetooth (which the quality was not nearly as good as an aux connection), but there was no way to select playlists from the menu and voice commands could not find music.

Perhaps I just haven't mastered how to use Android with CUE -- especially with music on the external USB card.

pissedoffwookiee is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

in your case since you have to jump through so many hoops the get CUE to see the secondary storage on the phone, it seems to me that is would be more economical time wise to use isyncr or doubletwist and just get an SD card dedicated to the car and call it a day, you'll get full functionality that way

1formula is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

i use iSyncr with my Note II and all the music resides on a 64GB card in the phone. works fine (although my album artwork doesn't show, but that is another story)

That's always been the question...

Can you just buy an SD card and play the music off of it?

Does it handle playlists when they are imported using iSyncr (which uses iTunes structure)?

Tell you what...

I forgot the SRX has an SD Card slot. I will just take that Micro SD card out of the phone, stick it in a SD adapter and put it in the vehicle.

I'll report back later today....

Okay....just tried the above....

64GB Micro SD card into SD card adapter placed in SD slot inside console of SRX.

CUE did not recognize the card. It stated that no media device was connected.

Now, possibly, the problem could be that the music isn't the root of the SD card. It's in a folder called iSyncr.

If someone could confirm that is the problem, let me know, and I'll retransfer everything to the root directory of the card.

Thanks

pissedoffwookiee is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by NJRonbo View Post
    Okay....just tried the above....

64GB Micro SD card into SD card adapter placed in SD slot inside console of SRX.

CUE did not recognize the card. It stated that no media device was connected.

Now, possibly, the problem could be that the music isn't the root of the SD card. It's in a folder called iSyncr.

If someone could confirm that is the problem, let me know, and I'll retransfer everything to the root directory of the card.

Thanks
    its been stated here in another thread that the system is VERY finnicky with adapters and although can be used its probably best to use a standard SD card, secondly the file system has also posed a problem for cards larger than 32 gig so try to reformat a standard SD card in either exfat or NTFS and use try it with isyncr, if it still fails retry with doubletwist, that program is known to put files on the card in a way CUE understands, search the cue threads for details

I tell yuh....

I don't know why CUE had to try and be something "different"

What they ended up doing was making certain that products refused to work as they should, as they would, with every other device out there.

----------

BTW, this seems to be the thread in question:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-music-sd.html

Based on pissedoffwookie's suggestion, I have formatted the MicroSD card in exfat.

I am using DoubleTwist to copy all my playlists over to the SD card.

Unfortunately, for now, I only have a 64GB SD card and adapter. Hopefully that will work.

Trying to get everything copied over tonight for the morning commute. Will report back and let you know if it works this time around.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.