Handwriting Recognition
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pkadanec
  • 1 Post By pkadanec
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Handwriting Recognition in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; was playing with a '14 cue to see any improvements and was playing with Siri through the system too and ...
    pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Handwriting Recognition

was playing with a '14 cue to see any improvements and was playing with Siri through the system too and found handwriting recognition in the Nav app

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Wideband is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    How is handwriting recognition going to work?

2eyedocs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: Handwriting Recognition

Wookiee,
    Just wondering if you had enough hands on time with the Siri Eyes Free to test functionality. Not sure why , but I had incorrectly assumed that my '13 SRX would have this. Does Siri interact with the GPS map, such as if you search for a location through Siri, it will send it to the map? Any other cool tricks discovered with Siri?
    Thanks,
    Mark

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Deleted.

I played with it it's not eyes free per se, what it is is another icon in CUE that is a picture of a microphone that performs the home button action on IOS devices and the voice action button on android.

the handwriting recognition is a globe icon in the text entry screen on the Nav app when you touch it a black pad area in the upper left of the screen appears and you trace letters onscreen and it recognizes what you wrote redraws it in blocky sort letter signaling it recognized what you wrote then it types the letter. it's an additional text entry method to go along with voice and the keyboard

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

ahem.... 2013 owners waiting... anyone...Bueller....GM....anyone.....
    r34220 likes this.

1formula is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

wait... so 2014 and 2013 have different CUE software? why??

Quote Originally Posted by 1formula View Post
    wait... so 2014 and 2013 have different CUE software? why??
    that my friend is the $10,000 question, maybe Cadillac is making it up to the '14 owners for not getting an ipad.....maybe in someone's pea brain in Detroit they feel the need to hold some exclusivity to the newer owners........maybe the guy copying the ipad to make CUE had his pencil break before he got to the part that apple gives EVERYONE going back at least 3 generations of iPhone the same update day one......maybe the key holder to the update is a classmate of the person who bankrupted Detroit ....... bottom line they still don't get the younger affluent upwardly mobile buyer. ....... you'd think being in the Midwest they more than anyone would understand the meaning of things our grandparents taught us like 'fool me once shame on you' ... 'fool me twice shame on me'.......I'm talking the real meaning as in we'd be stupid to buy Cadillac again if they don't start satisfying the people who bought, not just the people going to buy. a company like apple knows by treating us fantastically and making us feel like we belong in a special club is the very thing that attracts new buyers, and keeps them coming back and spending more.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Hear, hear! I would not expect that we will EVER get any new features (at least not for free). This should have been rolled out to EXISTING owners at the same time it was made available to the new model year. You are correct, GM just does not get it. And please do not tell me that "other" manufactures do not even offer upgradable options. If i had wanted a BMW or a Mercedes, I would have bought one. We were all sold a bill of goods.
    r34220 likes this.

bbrown450 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS-Performance

and the crickets chirp......that silence....says a lot....

1formula is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

no update from anyone...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.