Here's a new one
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Here's a new one in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; so after having that mystery software upload that didn't make CUE remember the voice prompt length setting, my settings including ...
    pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Here's a new one

so after having that mystery software upload that didn't make CUE remember the voice prompt length setting, my settings including the 60 hand labeled presets I had we're blown away. so tonight waiting to pick up my wife from work I start restoring my settings and presets while doing so I decide to leave off the stations I never tuned into this left me at 40 stations. after doing this I go to the 'number of presets shown' setting and it's set to auto.... cool. I go to the radio app and start swiping the list and its got 5 extra blank buttons, ok no big deal I go back to lock the number of presets to 40 and its not there. let me rephrase that, you can limit presets in 5 favorite increments from 5 to 60 EXCEPT 40 because its missing, weird

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

Re: Here's a new one

How weird. Wonder if there was a reason they skipped the 40 option or if it was just an oversight.

Just an FYI: if you plug in a flash drive, you can export your CUE settings as an XML file. If you've done a lot of customization that would be tedious to recreate, you might consider backup up your settings. I've forgotten where I found the option, but I believe it's on the info. screen in settings that shows the version of CUE your car is running. I'm sure it's designed so dealers can migrate your settings to a new car (or new radio if they replace something), but it should work as a personal backup, too.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

weird
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    How weird. Wonder if there was a reason they skipped the 40 option or if it was just an oversight.

Just an FYI: if you plug in a flash drive, you can export your CUE settings as an XML file. If you've done a lot of customization that would be tedious to recreate, you might consider backup up your settings. I've forgotten where I found the option, but I believe it's on the info. screen in settings that shows the version of CUE your car is running. I'm sure it's designed so dealers can migrate your settings to a new car (or new radio if they replace something), but it should work as a personal backup, too.
    thanks i know about that, i just havent gotten it in my head that i need to add my car to my digital life backup regimen....lol, this is the third time ive done this, i need to go USB shopping

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Maybe we will get to use those OBDII program systems in the near future to reprogram and add/delete settings to the system. I think adding a souped up version to the engine for special occasions and changing the shifting of the tranny to go with the souped up settings would be doable. Or how about adding the outside mirrors to auto fold position when shutting off the car. There are a lot of little things that are capable of being done but for some reason were not added to our systems.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.