CUE Update for MY 2013 Vehicles ATTN Cadillac Cust Svc
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Update for MY 2013 Vehicles ATTN Cadillac Cust Svc in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Cadillac Customer Service Are the 2013 MY vehicles going to get a CUE software update to get the features that ...
    cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

CUE Update for MY 2013 Vehicles ATTN Cadillac Cust Svc

Cadillac Customer Service

Are the 2013 MY vehicles going to get a CUE software update to get the features that the 2014 MY vehicles have?

I tried calling CUE support, but they were not very helpful.

Thanks,

Curious 2013 ATS Owner

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

inspectorudy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: CUE Update for MY 2013 Vehicles ATTN Cadillac Cust Svc

Don't hold your breath.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

HA! that's funny.

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

I hope that CUE is treated like a cell phone when it comes to software updates. I think when a new version comes out, all CUE systems should be able to get it. I really wish that over-the-air updates could happen where the software would download behind the scene and install when the car is shut off. That would be cool.

I think the possibility of that is more likely once they switch to an LTE chip in 2015 MY.

bbrown450 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS-Performance

and the cricket's go.....chirp chirp
    MikeySF likes this.

If you are the manufacturer of a smart phone and you come up with a new system that leapfrogs over the competition are you going to give it to the owners of the old phones? But wait! That is exactly what Apple has done for years. You can have their older phone but they offer you the newest operating system for your old phone. Microsoft does the same thing with their operating system at a cost. We, Cadillac owners, are all waiting for GM to offer to us the same upgrades that any computer manufacturer offers its client base.

marathonman89 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V6 DI, 2013 XTS Premium FWD

Hello,

Amazing that a direct request to Cadillac CUE Customer services has gone unanswered to the OP, despite the fact that when they read comments about problems they often ask the OP to contact them directly.

Perhaps their no answer is the answer, i.e. no update.

Nevertheless, for all their hype about support there seems to be precious little of it.

Pete

Just wait till you see an owner say how happy they are with ..(insert feature here), GM marketing will jump all over that like frogs on a lillypad...

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

rudy, you're sort of right ... if you have an iPhone 3GS or older you can't get iOS 6 or newer (maybe even 5, not sure)
    eventually they force you to upgrade ...
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by cullama213 View Post
    Cadillac Customer Service

Are the 2013 MY vehicles going to get a CUE software update to get the features that the 2014 MY vehicles have?

I tried calling CUE support, but they were not very helpful.

Thanks,

Curious 2013 ATS Owner
    Hello cullama213,

I apologize for the delay in response, Laura and I were doing some additional research into this inquiry. Unfortunately, we don’t have access to any update schedules or contents of those updates. The CUE Infotainment team would be the best team to reach out to in regards to this information and I do see that you have already reached out to them. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me via private message. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Chris you are correct about the older iPhones not being allowed to download OS7 but any of the 4 series can. I understand that GM is not in the business to give away their new products but it seems that they could offer them to us as after market purchases. However they did promise us the App capability which is yet to materialize. It would also seem like they would offer us the same stuff that the '14's are going to get since our OS is the same.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

We don't know that they aren't going to offer the new software to the older cars yet, though ... seems a bit premature to complain about something that may or may not happen just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it isn't going to happen
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

dmurphy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 Evolution Green Luxury SRX (Shale/Brownstone Interior)

Given that the bottom of this page states the following: "UPDATEABLE SOFTWARE Software can be upgraded during the life of the vehicle, so CUE will never become outdated."

I would hope that a CUE software update is forthcoming.

My GUESStimate? Once the GM App Store (or whatever the heck it's being called) launches, you'll see updates for IntelliLink, MyLink and CUE pretty rapidly.

Just a guess, but that's probably what they're waiting for ... That's what I would do. Why go through the pain of doing the big updates now, and then again when the app store launches?

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by dmurphy View Post
    Given that the bottom of this page states the following: "UPDATEABLE SOFTWARE Software can be upgraded during the life of the vehicle, so CUE will never become outdated."

I would hope that a CUE software update is forthcoming.

My GUESStimate? Once the GM App Store (or whatever the heck it's being called) launches, you'll see updates for IntelliLink, MyLink and CUE pretty rapidly.

Just a guess, but that's probably what they're waiting for ... That's what I would do. Why go through the pain of doing the big updates now, and then again when the app store launches?
    that webpage is funny

Software can be upgraded during the life of the vehicle, so CUE will never become outdated.
    here's a tip Cadillac, never use the word never, without a) meaning it or b) expecting bad ju-ju when you fail to deliver.

b has happened!!, you see as evidenced by your own website we were sold on this and lied to, i say lied to because owners of 2013 cars are now outdated.....want proof, look at the 2014 cars, there's our promised update in the wild being enjoyed by people 9 months after the debut of ATS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.