CUE Update for MY 2013 Vehicles ATTN Cadillac Cust Svc - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree12Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Update for MY 2013 Vehicles ATTN Cadillac Cust Svc in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; "how many (or what percentage) of those CUE owners are not happy and have voiced their concerns to GM? GM ...
    inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: CUE Update for MY 2013 Vehicles ATTN Cadillac Cust Svc

"how many (or what percentage) of those CUE owners are not happy and have voiced their concerns to GM?

GM knows these numbers... i would guess the percentage is in low single digits."
    I think it is much higher than that but I believe that human nature being what it is most people realize that they won it and make do with it. You can look good at the Detroit car show with all of the bells and whistles but when you get it home you have to live with it. I would not want to base my strategy on how many people have accepted a poor design and do not complain than to survey ALL of their CUE owners for a more accurate results. And not "Do you like CUE" type questions but ones that ask how would you re-design so and so if you could. And what would you change if you could.

rage2021 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 2.0T

any update from Cadillac reps here on this board? whats taking so long..knew I should have waited for the '14.

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    "how many (or what percentage) of those CUE owners are not happy and have voiced their concerns to GM?

GM knows these numbers... i would guess the percentage is in low single digits."
    I think it is much higher than that but I believe that human nature being what it is most people realize that they won it and make do with it. You can look good at the Detroit car show with all of the bells and whistles but when you get it home you have to live with it. I would not want to base my strategy on how many people have accepted a poor design and do not complain than to survey ALL of their CUE owners for a more accurate results. And not "Do you like CUE" type questions but ones that ask how would you re-design so and so if you could. And what would you change if you could.
    I think there are two types of dislikes with CUE:
    1. The folks that do not like the new touch screen paradigm and do not get along with new computer technology and want physical buttons and knobs.
    2. The folks who dig the new touch screen paradigm and new computer technology, but wish the bugs and performance issues were fixed.

All I can say for the first group is they should have test driven the car more and played with CUE to see if they could live with it. I fall into the second group and I really dig the CUE technology, but want the bugs and performance updates to hurry up and come. I feel all my dislikes can be fixed with a software update. The performance issue might be lack of powerful enough CPU inside of the CUE box. If that is the case, I hope Cadillac would recall the wimpy CUE computers for an upgrade. (That probably won't happen).

So in answer to Rudy's question, how would I re-design it... I would fix the bugs, add some CPU horse-power, and bring out software updates in a timely manner.
    r34220 likes this.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

From what we know of the hardware, it seems like it ought to be pretty capable. So in my book it is down to the software developers to use/optimize for it well.
    RippyPartsDept likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.