CUE Update for MY 2013 Vehicles ATTN Cadillac Cust Svc - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Update for MY 2013 Vehicles ATTN Cadillac Cust Svc in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee You may infer that an acquaintance who works for a company that I won't mention but ...
    flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Re: CUE Update for MY 2013 Vehicles ATTN Cadillac Cust Svc

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    You may infer that an acquaintance who works for a company that I won't mention but it rhymes with raddy-rak and who may or may not be a rep might have inferred that he or she was waiting for the '14 USB stick for their own '13 CUE
    Ah, looks like good news to me...if I live long enough.

ATS272 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T Premium

Sub'd....

Just picked up my '13 two days ago. Haven't had any issues other than a generally slow Nav system but am hoping for the updatability of CUE - one of the reasons it appealed to me. I'm sure that, even if GM doesn't distribute it to us all, someone on here will figure out how to do it.

SCHIDER23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac ATS

I got a chance to drive the new 2014 Infiniti Q50, while my 10 G37 when in for service today and well I think I'm ready to get rid of my ATS, I'm tired of having to reset my radio just to listen to music, or to get either of my phones to actually work, or having my memory seat not work like it should and have to turn car off an on to get it started again.

I gave cadillac a chance, first and last cadillac I'll ever buy. The lack of support from its own manufacture is a joke, I decided to get the ATS instead of an Audi A4, and now I regret it but now I know why people make fun of domestic brands, shame on Cadillac for releasing a system that was not ready and just abandoned 2013 consumers. I'm ready to move on and forget about all this mess.
    JLGT likes this.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

I don't blame you. Of course you see complaints like yours for every brand. And for the person making them, for sure they would have been better off buying almost anything else, like if you got hit by lightning you would have been better off being there a minute before or later. But I get the impression these problems are much more common with the ATS. Since you want an automatic and don't seem to rank handling so high, you won't/wouldn't miss the ATS.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

My experience with my '13 SRX has been the opposite as far as the car itself goes. I love driving it and think it is well engineered and handles like a sports car. My only beef is the poor performing CUE system and the lack of GM's response to our concerns. The reps here are always ready to apologize about the failures of CUE but the answers never seem to come on the causes or the fixes. I am not an IT guy but if this system operates like all other computers it would seem that a new OS could be installed that would correct most of the current problems. If that is an option then it is in GM's interest to advise all of us that that is their intentions. By that one simple act they could diffuse most of the complaints as long as they truly meant it and intended to carry through with the new system.
    JLGT likes this.

dmurphy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 Evolution Green Luxury SRX (Shale/Brownstone Interior)

Kudos to Honda for coming up with the solution to CUE ...

http://9to5mac.com/2013/11/22/honda-...ates-incoming/

That's all we need to fix CUE once and for all. Just let it mirror my iPhone display!

Jerzeyboy730 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by SCHIDER23
    I got a chance to drive the new 2014 Infiniti Q50, while my 10 G37 when in for service today and well I think I'm ready to get rid of my ATS, I'm tired of having to reset my radio just to listen to music, or to get either of my phones to actually work, or having my memory seat not work like it should and have to turn car off an on to get it started again. I gave cadillac a chance, first and last cadillac I'll ever buy. The lack of support from its own manufacture is a joke, I decided to get the ATS instead of an Audi A4, and now I regret it but now I know why people make fun of domestic brands, shame on Cadillac for releasing a system that was not ready and just abandoned 2013 consumers. I'm ready to move on and forget about all this mess.
    Haven't had an issue with cue or seats, and IMHO, A4 interior doesn't even compare to ats interior. This coming from a multiple S4 previous owner....

SCHIDER23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac ATS

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Since you want an automatic and don't seem to rank handling so high, you won't/wouldn't miss the ATS.
    I got the ATS as a daily driver, i usually drive 130 km daily so was not really looking for shifting gears while traveling that much, and about handling I have cars for that purpose already, so not a big Lost there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzeyboy730 View Post
    Haven't had an issue with cue or seats, and IMHO, A4 interior doesn't even compare to ats interior. This coming from a multiple S4 previous owner....
    I know A4 doesn't compare, It's boring compared to ATS both inside and outside, but you don't have to deal with audio not working or phones not syncing at all, and the damn "please wait a device is initializing", as well if I leave my iPhone connected to cable the stereo hangs and doesn't play anything till disconnected or rebooted, by the way I used the A4 as an example.

The seat problem comes and goes, but fanboys will always defend the car, I have no problems mechanically I don't mind it , just like others have stated cue is a POS, at first I thought it was people just whining about little glitches, but after 8k I agree with all their concerns, I'm fed up with lack of support, but oh well.

rage2021 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 2.0T

Im late to the game here but it sounds like GM won't update the MY '13 CUE? Is this true? If so why, whats the poitn of having CUE then one of the main reasons for
    building it was so you can update it, lol.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by rage2021 View Post
    Im late to the game here but it sounds like GM won't update the MY '13 CUE? Is this true? If so why, whats the poitn of having CUE then one of the main reasons for
    building it was so you can update it, lol.
    Some people have leapt from "Cadillac hasn't done it yet" (unquestionably true), to "Cadillac has no intention of EVER doing it." (speculative).
    RippyPartsDept likes this.

dmurphy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 Evolution Green Luxury SRX (Shale/Brownstone Interior)

Quote Originally Posted by georule View Post
    Some people have leapt from "Cadillac hasn't done it yet" (unquestionably true), to "Cadillac has no intention of EVER doing it." (speculative).
    Exactly. We know that GM has a presence at CES this year and is actively soliciting app developers, so clearly development is ongoing. I'm thinking we'd hear more at CES, but that's pure speculation on my part.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

An accurate statement that only time will verify. If I were GM I would offer a little more info to my peanut gallery than they have so far. Anticipation is a good name for a song but not good marketing technique. At some point with no info forthcoming from GM many of us owners will simply move on and this whole thing will become a bad memory similar to many other now long dead inventions of the automotive world.

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    If I were GM I would offer a little more info to my peanut gallery than they have so far. Anticipation is a good name for a song but not good marketing technique. At some point with no info forthcoming from GM many of us owners will simply move on and this whole thing will become a bad memory similar to many other now long dead inventions of the automotive world.
    100% agree.

Cadillac has a presence here. It'd be easy enough to knock some of this negative speculation on the head with a fairly simple statement that they intend to keep updating the '13 MY CUE with the newer updates, even if they don't commit to a specific date when that will happen.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

how many vehicles with CUE are out on the road?

how many (or what percentage) of those CUE owners are not happy and have voiced their concerns to GM?

GM knows these numbers... i would guess the percentage is in low single digits
    this is not to say that enthusiasts are not important and that there aren't any problems
    but without a large outcry from the owners GM/Cadillac is not going to show their hand until they're ready
    remember you CUE owners aren't the only ones wanting to know what GM has planned for the future ... there's cutthroat competition out there too
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    remember you CUE owners aren't the only ones wanting to know what GM has planned for the future ... there's cutthroat competition out there too
    Of course that's true. It's also true that we can be sure that the competition and its fanbois are cheerfully helping to fan the FUD (Fear, Unease and Doubt) flames in the face of GM's silence (that's a general observation, and in no way intended to be an accusation against anyone participating in this forum). It's a fine line to walk for any vendor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.