CUE Update for MY 2013 Vehicles ATTN Cadillac Cust Svc - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Update for MY 2013 Vehicles ATTN Cadillac Cust Svc in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee Better configurability in the DIC, TPS can be viewed without having to expand it, missing 40 ...
    flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Re: CUE Update for MY 2013 Vehicles ATTN Cadillac Cust Svc

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    Better configurability in the DIC, TPS can be viewed without having to expand it, missing 40 presets option fixed, retains HD radio settings, retains voice prompt settings, improved voice prompt configurability, Siri finally usable legally with addition of voice icon, saved CUE contacts favorites accessible in DIC, handwriting recognition, upgraded climate control app

----------

Your right in your statement there's no promised schedule, for feature updates that's acceptable its the bad buggy software that they fixed a lot of issues in the '14 CUE and leaving us to stew in this crappiness that they conned us into beta testing for them is where they suck
    Now that's putting things into perspective, POW. But, unfortunately, I fear, the vast majority of ATS with CUE owners have no idea that GM is presently screwing us by holding out on updating our 2013 CUEs; and thus the lack of pressure on GM to do the right thing. Strictly a lack of character (Character definition: Knowing what is the right thing is to do, but not doing it) on GM's part.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    Better configurability in the DIC, TPS can be viewed without having to expand it, missing 40 presets option fixed, retains HD radio settings, retains voice prompt settings, improved voice prompt configurability, Siri finally usable legally with addition of voice icon, saved CUE contacts favorites accessible in DIC, handwriting recognition, upgraded climate control app

----------

Your right in your statement there's no promised schedule, for feature updates that's acceptable its the bad buggy software that they fixed a lot of issues in the '14 CUE and leaving us to stew in this crappiness that they conned us into beta testing for them is where they suck
    ok great

sometime next week when i get some free time i'll give a call to customer care and follow up regarding my call to the infotainment team friday
    now that i have a list of 'bugs' or grievances we can maybe get somewhere

i find it really hard to believe that GM/Cadillac is holding out on you 2013 owners... what's more likely is that they are planning on doing another big bug/feature update and are just not aware of how serious this is to you and that you think that they're leaving you out in the cold

the way i see it they just need to communicate their intentions and that will settle most of this
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    Gregory,

I called 855-4-CUE-NOW today and they explained to me that they are for technical assistance and training only and do not have any information about scheduling of the updates or what the content of the updates will be. They did mention that older vehicles are not guaranteed to get all the features of the newer vehicles (possibly the app store? which wouldn't make sense to me) in a similar fashion as the cell phone OS updates for iPhone and Android where older hardware gets most of the new features but some new features are left out to entice/incentivise/differentiate new hardware purchases.

The agent I spoke with documented our conversation and created a Service Request number (I have sent it to you in a PM) but was very certain that GM/Cadillac would be the place that this type of communication will need to originate.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Hello Chris,

Thank you for private messaging me this information. I have responded to your private message, please let me know if you did not receive it so I can send it again. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

njacobsen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

Are the "fixes" being looked for that have been included for 2014 bugs or enhancements that should be expected for the new model year. If Cadillac made the 2014 features available to 2013 owners at a price, would you pay for them?

CUE updates across the entire model year are very expensive for Cadillac. If offered at a price, those most disgruntled or just wanting to try the latest will pay a reasonable fee. That is the philosolphy for Navigation updates. They are not offered free to everyone and those that see changes in the routes they travel or just want to update every couple of years will pay the $100-$200 to get the latest.

If made available as an optional service, those owners who are content with the programing already updated once with a few additional specific updates such as the seat memory "upgrade" will pass on the new features and go on driving the vehicles they are happy with. I for one would pay to undo the seat memory upgrade because I liked and know how to use the auto position refresh.

Let's get beyond the entitlement mentality and ask Cadillac for the opportunity to update because we are willing to pay a fee to cover the cost of the update rather than whining that Cadillac owes it to us.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by njacobsen View Post
    Are the "fixes" being looked for that have been included for 2014 bugs or enhancements that should be expected for the new model year. If Cadillac made the 2014 features available to 2013 owners at a price, would you pay for them?

CUE updates across the entire model year are very expensive for Cadillac. If offered at a price, those most disgruntled or just wanting to try the latest will pay a reasonable fee. That is the philosolphy for Navigation updates. They are not offered free to everyone and those that see changes in the routes they travel or just want to update every couple of years will pay the $100-$200 to get the latest.

If made available as an optional service, those owners who are content with the programing already updated once with a few additional specific updates such as the seat memory "upgrade" will pass on the new features and go on driving the vehicles they are happy with. I for one would pay to undo the seat memory upgrade because I liked and know how to use the auto position refresh.

Let's get beyond the entitlement mentality and ask Cadillac for the opportunity to update because we are willing to pay a fee to cover the cost of the update rather than whining that Cadillac owes it to us.
    Let's get beyond the entitlement mentality and ask Cadillac for the opportunity to update because we are willing to pay a fee to cover the cost of the update rather than whining that Cadillac owes it to us

if by entitlement you mean the feeling that we are owed a radio that doesn't reboot, doesn't delete your presets, doesn't take 60 plus minutes to figure out your phone, doesn't block your ability to legally make a call because it would rather lecture you on having too much music, doesn't forget your settings, and doesn't lock up ..... then yes your damn right we have an entitlement mentality as we should.......I feel entitled to receive what i paid $1350 for, i think it would be nice to get new features, but that's of little importance compared to just delivering the product we purchased and since CUE is broken and we are also entitled to a 4 year 50,000 mile warranty on it CUE should be fixed without hesitation, shame on cadillac.

if by whining you mean us being vocal about this screwed up situation, then hell yes we should be whining louder. even if your supposition is true regarding the expense and effort to bring us new features, Cadillac put that monkey on their own back when they offered the upgrade-ability as a feature of CUE. had they not even offered or mentioned it, then there would be much less reason for this thread, instead Cadillac touted it, bragged about it, and sold us on it, so yes, they own this mess.

I have 2 dealerships looking for the 2014 software to be released to service but Cadillac is withholding it so '13 people don't get it before they will allow it.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

wookie, can you elaborate on your last sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by pkadanec View Post
    wookie, can you elaborate on your last sentence?
    the software is distributed on USB sticks to service departments so they can fix cars, for some reason Cadillac is impeding dealerships ability to service '14 cars by withholding the '14 USB sticks, in order to keep the software out of '13 cars, Cadillac is letting '14 owners unknowingly have some exclusivity for some unknown time-frame, rather than make the people who trusted, supported and believed in them whole. I have the service departments at 2 dealerships looking for the arrival of this stick, the first one to give me a call my car is heading there immediately.

So I can infer from this that your assumption is that the '14 code will work on a MY '13 vehicle?

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

It is hard to believe that at the corporate level someone could make such a decision that would harm GM's relationship with so many of it's actual customers and not "Maybe" customers. How would the '13 owners getting an upgrade affect the '14 owner"s? I do not know anyone with a '14 and if I did I would not sit in their new car and envy their newer gadgets. This whole things is beginning to sound like an urban legend that has gotten out of hand because GM will not communicate with it's customers. Maybe there is a slight difference between the '13 and the '14 OS or hardware. I do not know but I am extremely disappointed at the way this whole thing has been handled. The GM reps who are nice enough to grace this forum don't seem to ever offer anything but a telephone number to those of us who have had issues with CUE. Shouldn't someone from GM who can speak knowledgeably about the subject communicate with us?

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    It is hard to believe that at the corporate level someone could make such a decision that would harm GM's relationship with so many of it's actual customers and not "Maybe" customers. How would the '13 owners getting an upgrade affect the '14 owner"s? I do not know anyone with a '14 and if I did I would not sit in their new car and envy their newer gadgets. This whole things is beginning to sound like an urban legend that has gotten out of hand because GM will not communicate with it's customers. Maybe there is a slight difference between the '13 and the '14 OS or hardware. I do not know but I am extremely disappointed at the way this whole thing has been handled. The GM reps who are nice enough to grace this forum don't seem to ever offer anything but a telephone number to those of us who have had issues with CUE. Shouldn't someone from GM who can speak knowledgeably about the subject communicate with us?
    I have sat in a 14 and played with it, and envy has nothing to do with it, I just want what i paid for to work, period..... in the '14 a lot of the design errors and broken items are fixed....period....if cadillac could do just that basic thing, most would be very happy, if some new features creep in because that was how they fixed it that would be a bonus, but not expected
    mrrairai76 likes this.

I would be happy to voice my concerns/disappointments directly... does anyone have contact information for a GM rep that would listen (not just the standard customer service number)?

dchamb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I too am one of the many PO'd Caddy owners. My 2013 XTS would be awesome if it weren't for CUE. I am not recommending Cadillac to any friends or family until the problems with CUE have been fixed. I wish I had researched this better before making my purchase

bluztoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 AST, 2.0T, Prem. AT, RWD

I've said this elsewhere and I'll say it again - I think ATS drivers are likely a different demographic than other Cadillac owners. I don't mean that as a positive or a negative. But I do think it is a demographic that GM needs. For the most part they've earned it with this wonderful car. But it's also the kind of group that really would expect software updates and a new approach. So to be clear, withholding the CUE update from 2013 owners is a huge mistake. We want to recommend the car. We want to say that the GM folks overseeing this project are different. This wouldn't be as big a deal if there weren't so many upgrades that were necessary and just not spiffs.
    The voice command on my CUE is really a bad joke. I have to believe it's been improved.
    So - you cared enough to promote CUE with a free ipad when we bought our cars. Care enough to update our CUE's so we can wholeheartedly sing praise about our cars.

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

We don't even use voice command. It's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by pkadanec View Post
    So I can infer from this that your assumption is that the '14 code will work on a MY '13 vehicle?
    You may infer that an acquaintance who works for a company that I won't mention but it rhymes with raddy-rak and who may or may not be a rep might have inferred that he or she was waiting for the '14 USB stick for their own '13 CUE

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.